The worst movie of all time

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by martymarts, Jul 12, 2005.

1. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    I love "Anchorman", just because it starts out so serious and goes absurd pretty quickly. Definitely an acquired taste though.

As for "Worst Movies", here's my Top 5, all of which I've seen:

5. "Zoolander" - Not a Ben Stiller fan to begin with, and this wasn't going to turn me into one. Does have some funny scenes (like the random Billy Zane and David Bowie back-to-back cameos), but a lot of it falls flat.

4. "Dude, Where's My Car?" - One of those movies that made me question whether studios have competitions to see who can make the worst movie ever. The only worse thing than this movie was that everyone kept making jokes using the title for about three years afterward.

3. "Delta Force" - This is one of those 'tweeners between "so bad, it's good" and "horrible". It consists of the following plotlines:
    - Arab hijackers taking over a plane and going to Lebanon.
    - The hijackers demanding to know who all the Jews are on the plane, only to have the German flight attendant refuse because she feels guilty about the past, then having a priest (played by George Kennedy) join the Jewish passengers because "Jesus was Jewish".
    - Chuck Norris having to deal with his past.

2. "Bring It On" - This would be the downside to dating an ex-cheerleader: my girlfriend made me sit and watch this movie when it was on a couple weeks ago. Like a train wreck, I couldn't turn away, though that might have been because of Eliza Dushku.

1. "Down to You"/"Summer Catch" - I couldn't decide which Freddie Prinze, Jr. movie was worse, so I put both of them down. The first one is the kind of chick flick that makes every guy want to either kill themselves or become a priest just so they don't have to sit through this again. The second is a chick flick disguised as a baseball movie, making it the worst case of movie fraud since Lionel Hutz successfully sued the makers of "The Neverending Story". Not to hammer a fellow Gooner too much, but how the hell does he keep getting work?

2. jatm516

jatm516 Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Hope, Arkansas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yeah we walked out of the theater it was so bad. The only time I've done that ever.

3. jatm516

jatm516 Member

Feb 4, 2005
    Hope, Arkansas
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    TOTALLY AGREE!!! :)

4. jegerpenge

jegerpenge New Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Lake Charles, LA
    Casablanca...what a grotesque pile of sh!t that movie was. ;)

5. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I've never walked out of a movie....but came close when I saw "Romeo is Bleeding."

6. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have never not been able to watch a movie with Keanu or Richard Gere but I actually turned off Autumn in New York and Sweet November....even good looking men could not save those movies!

Zoolander? Can't Buy Me Love? I wonder about some of you....... :p

7. Bighorn

Bighorn New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    41.8 Lat -87.68 Lon
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    You are just like another girl I know....probably watch any piece of ******** with that dude in it. What's his name again? Patrick something?

8. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not a huge Patrick fan but the movie was cute! :p

9. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    you young folk wouldn't know a really bad movie if it bit you!

When I was a lad we had crap like "The Comancheros" at our local theater every week and were marched miles through the snow and chained to our seats and there wern't no restrooms and...

10. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    Robocop 3. Please lock thread.

11. amerifolklegend

amerifolklegend New Member

Jul 21, 1999
    Oakley, America
    Yeah, I agree with taosjohn. I mean that's fine and dandy if you want to think Gigli or Dude Where's My Car? are the worst movie ever (and I agree, they are bad,) but the fact is, you have no idea how lucky you are to be able to claim that those are the worst you've ever seen.

Do me a favor, rent any of the following movies sometime and then come back and tell me than you truly and honestly believe that they aren't the worst movies ever made:

Go Fish
    Eating
    24 Hour Woman
    Shark Boy and Lava Girl
    Redneck Zombies
    Ishtar

I mean, these are bad to epic proportions. From Justin To Kelly is a horrible movie, but at least it has the value of the fact that you can enjoy making fun of it. These movies don't even have that. You just watch them and all that can cross your mind is, "Who the hell okayed this? What on earth were they thinking when they sat down and wrote thes? And good lord, what were these poor actors thinking when they signed on?"

12. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Starship Troopers 2
    Pootie Tang
    From Justin To Kelly
    That thing with Antonio Banderas and Lucy Liu

13. bostonsoccermdl

bostonsoccermdl Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 3, 2002
    Denver, CO
    anything with Adam Sandler in it making contorted faces with that warped baby voice...

14. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca
    [​IMG]
    just read the tag line for god's sake

15. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

Why for the love of god would you have even considered watching that?????

It's not like the first one was so good.....

Worst movie ever .....

The Royal Tennenbaums.....

I wanted to scratch my eyes out......

16. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wes Anderson's films are an acquired taste, but certainly not in the same league of crapitude as that Severs vs. Ecks abomination...

17. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    OK, I'll admit to going along with the other 48 people nationwide [ducks tomatoes]

My girlfriend and her girlfriend dragged me there. Supposedly they heard that Ben was such a hunk and JLo was awesome and yada, yada, yada....

Half hour into it I split for Bennigans and pounded some beers with shots of Jack to get the bad taste out of my mouth. Hands down the most gawdawful half hour of "Cinema" I've ever experienced.

18. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    1. Dungeons and Dragons
    2. The Avengers

19. jayro75

jayro75 Member

Sep 8, 2004

Oh jeezus I was praying I could forget that one ever existed........

Charlies Angels 2 was pretty painful as well......

20. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    If only Lucy Liu weren't so damn easy to look at....

21. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Showgirls--I've posted this same point before, but it's mostly a so-bad-it's-good movie, except it was a VERY graphic, drawn-out, mostly unnecessary rape scene which ruins the camp factor--I can't enjoy the horrid acting and so forth knowing that Vorhoeven [sp?] forces the women in the audience to sit through that unnecessary crap.

22. astabooty

astabooty Member

Nov 16, 2002
    China
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  23. acolombi

acolombi Member

Mar 20, 2005
    Edmonton
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    House of a 1000 corpses, how on earth has he made a part 2 to a movie with no plot? (Devils Rejects coming to a discount bin near you soon)

24. futbolrey

futbolrey New Member

Dec 20, 2002
    Burke, Va
    1. Tomcats absolutly stupid
    2. Catwoman
    3. Supergirl
    4. Batman and Robin

25. MagicShotGlass

May 4, 2004
    DFW
    Dracula 2000
    Cthulu Mansion
    Jeepers Creepers

These movies are not worth watching. They are neither scary or interesting.