The What in the World is going on with Burtie Thread

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by AB1FAN, May 18, 2003.

1. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ok Not listed on WUSA or Beat site.... We know she was cut and is getting dropped to reserve maybe.... What's happening? Any info would be nice!!!!!!!

and whatever does happen, I hope EMs knows how Awesome she is!!!!!!

2. Kicks2515

Kicks2515 New Member

Jan 5, 2001
    ya and if you check the beat site she is not on the roster. on the little pull down thing on the side of the beat website she is no longer listed. on the WUSA site on the pull down thing where you can pick any player she is also no longer listed so things don't look good! :-(

3. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    She's probably in limbo waiting to clear waivers. Then she is put on the waiver wire and I think any team out there can claim her.

4. flix

flix New Member

May 22, 2001
    best kept secret
    Cheeto-Rays pick up Antongiovanni before Burt? Or maybe Burt had enough of Sawyers at Stanford.

5. Mike Lane

Mike Lane New Member

Jan 3, 2001
    Atlanta
    Whatever happens I hope she lands on her feet somewhere... she was a great part of our roster in the first two years. I remember the incredible energy she brought when she came into games late- she was all over the field.

6. FanOfFutbol

FanOfFutbol Member+

The Mickey Mouse Club or The breakfast Club
    May 4, 2002
    Limbo
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    One of the problems with Burt was/is the way she is/is not used.

Burt is a speed player. Burt is an active player. To have the greatest effect players like her need some time.

Some times they can get something quick but most of the time they need a little time to set up their defender(s).

Burt needs, it seems, about 20 mins on the field to have her greatest effect and Stone almost never gave her more than 10, often less than 5.

AS much as I like to see here play and as good as she is if she is not being used hen she deserves to be on another team and playing more.

I do wonder what she could do with more time and players like Sisi serving her speed and fire.

Oh, Mike, she will land but on her feet maybe, maybe not. How may times have we seen her flying through the air and getting spun aroung and landing on something other than feet? I still remember that header she won against Fotop last year. I think it included a 2 1/2 with a full twist.

7. Charge!

Charge! Member

May 7, 2001
    BSG 75
  8. milbrett

milbrett New Member

Apr 9, 2000
    MA
    :eek: Burtie's a Chode!!!!

9. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is bull crap and stupid.....

yea so i'm a fan of burtie, a very very upset fan of burtie's

10. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    What's a chode? It's good that she found a team. Too bad we had to get rid of one of our more underappreciated players. Well, we can use her in an Arrington type of role which in some ways is based on what Enos did for us as well.

11. flix

flix New Member

May 22, 2001
    best kept secret
    i had a feeling with Mac & Arrington going down, Burt wouldn't clear waivers.

12. AB1FAN

AB1FAN New Member

Sep 11, 2001
    whereever I want
    Club:
    FFC Turbine Potsdam
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Burtie doesn't play like others, She has her own style and works harder than any player i've ever seen.

13. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    That's good. A fearless forward is hard to find.

14. Kicks2515

Kicks2515 New Member

Jan 5, 2001
    This makes me feel happy and sad! I am sooo happy that somebody picked her up because her talent was being wasted on the Atlanta bench but I am super super sad because now I only get to see her on June 22! But ya she is amazing and now with Arrington tearing her ACL there is a lot of potential for her to start in Philly so I hope she makes every team but Atlanta pay!

15. Ludahai

Ludahai New Member

Jun 22, 2001
    Taichung, Taiwan
    Murphy's law the way it is, watch her score a hat trick against our thugs. :(