The Werder Bremen Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Germany' started by picaraza, Sep 29, 2004.

1. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    Came looking to discuss Bremen's victory over Valencia and couldn't find the thread.

What? No official Bremen thread for this season? Sorry, if I missed it.

Anyway, I'd like have a place to discuss my favorite Bundesliga team with other fans.

The Red card giveth and red card taketh.
    http://soccernet.espn.go.com/report?id=164298&cc=5739
    Great result today. 2-1 over Valencia. I am still convinced that Bremen can advance. The loss to Inter hurt, but it wasn't fatal. By all indications Valencia is the favorite in the group. They could conceivably sweep the remaining points. This was a valuable victory.

2. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    If they get two wins against Anderlecht (difficult but not impossible i think), they will go through. I think Charisteas deserves more playing time in the Bundesliga.

I am probably the closest to another Bremen supporter you can find here ;). Or was there someone i forgot ?

Well, actually they are the only Northern German club i don't hate (besides Braunschweig, of course) and i root for them in Bundesliga until we're back, but this may count as beeing a fan ;).

3. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    Well we may get more Bremen fans showing up this weekend.

FSW is airing Bremen v. Bayern Munich this weekend.

4. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    that valencia comeback was very important - bear in mind they did that without ismael, lisztes and jensen, among others - they can now probably get back to having the belief they did last season... if they play like that again, bremen are an absolute threat to go deep in the tournament

5. Robert25

Robert25 New Member

Jun 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Bremen must have a lot of fans, just get them here to participate in a thread.

beating Valencia is a achievement in itself. They are one of the best teams in Europe.

6. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    great win for bremen bravo

ive been following them due to ivan klasnic and he has been awesome with werder who have improved alot....

after the loss at inter and an oncoming valencia werder looked to be in panic mood but they have 3 points and now they have 2 games against anderlecht which they must win in order to go to the knockout stages

I picked Valencia and werder to come out of the group and i dont think inter can take points from valencia............

Klasnic has been the key to bremen as well as micoud
    last week 3 assists in the win over bochum and 2 assists to beat valencia as well as the first yellow card marchena got was a foul on klasnic

They havent missed ailton too much and bremen is gelling now but it will be a tough game against bayern

7. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    Last year I thought I heard they were going to lose both Ailton and Klansnic. Really happy to see that both he and Micoud are around this year. Klose was a good signing.

Valdez really seems to be taking his game up a notch as well.

8. TheBrain

TheBrain New Member

Oct 1, 2004
    Werder's forward are something special.
    All have their qualities und alle are really different to the ohter. That the reason why Schaaf can play with 4 Forwards succesful in the second half against Valencia.

9. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    i think they will get a good result today in munchen

i agree about valdez he has definitly stepped up

10. PileD

PileD New Member

Nov 19, 2003
    Ruhrgebiet
    The result today was ********, hoped Bremen win.

11. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    Well, Klose scored again. Too bad he's always got to leave it until the end of the game.

Rather disappointing performance.

Although Bremen had as many opportunities as Bayern, they didn't execute. Bayern definitely sent a message. They seemed to me to want the victory more than Bremen did.

Of course, there was a bit of luck involved Bayern hit the post twice and they both fall into the goal. Schweinsteiger's goal was a bit of a fluke, though. But they seem to make their own luck don't they? Remember how Dortmund gifted them a point?

Bremen, Dortmund, Leverkusen and co. are going all going to end up paying. Maybe Stuttgart can stop them?

Also, what the hell does Kahn have to do to get a yellow card. Where does he get off slapping at Klose?

12. shutoutj

shutoutj New Member

Jul 15, 2004
    Rome, Georgia
    Here's another Bremen fan!
    I've been here a while, but I'm not on a lot.
    Anyway, I'm disappointed with today's result. That numbnut Hargreaves should have been sent off for tackling Ernst from behind, not just a yellow card. Idiot. Kahn should have got a yellow too.
    And Salihadmidzic is a horrible diver. Not only does he go down, he goes down theatrically, wriggling like a worm in the air.

I think we can make it out of the group, I'm counting on Inter to slip at some point.

13. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    I had really been hoping that Bremen could beat Bayern or atleast gvet a draw. What a shame...

14. Stalteri Rules

Stalteri Rules New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Toronto ON
    Hi, I just joined. I'm a huge Bremen fan. I went to a game against BVB last season in Weserstadion. It was amazing!!! I plan to go back for a few more in the next year or so.

As you may have guessed by my 'name', I'm a big fan of Paul Stalteri!! We're both from Toronto, and he's amazing!!

Last week's game was a bit of a downer, but Bremen will definitely kick some Bayern butt next time. BTW... Olli Kahn is a monkey!

To those in Germany, my soon to be adopted home, Grüße aus Kanada! (no, my German isn't very good yet!)

15. Nomadic0ne

Nomadic0ne New Member

Oct 15, 2004
    Hello everyone!

I cannot rightly claim to be a loyal fan as I don't really follow sports much at all, but I love soccer and Germany. My girlfriend loves Bremen ever since she went to University there for a semester (she is now studying in the travel industry) and she would mention the team all the time.
    Now, I am unfortunate enough to be living in a country that does not follow soccer very much (but it's slowly changing!), so, other than the national team, I don't have much choice as to what team to root for.
    Sooooo....I humbly submit that I am a part-time fan! :eek:

BTW, does anyone know how I can get a Werder Bremen jersey? :confused:
    ....it will need to be shipped to America....

(I'd like to show my support! :D )

16. Stalteri Rules

Stalteri Rules New Member

Oct 6, 2004
    Toronto ON
    BTW, does anyone know how I can get a Werder Bremen jersey? :confused:
    ....it will need to be shipped to America....

(I'd like to show my support! :D )[/QUOTE]

I checked out http://www.werder-online.de/fanshop/ and when I clicked the 'create customer account' button, it gave a list of countries, so I'm assuming that they'll send to all of those listed. The site is only in German, but since your girlfriend studied in Bremen, I'm assuming that she knows enough to get you through the ordering process. Just start by browsing the products, then click on order or add to cart, and proceed.

17. tomvandamn

tomvandamn New Member

Apr 9, 2003
    new york
    bravo klasnic

3 very important points indeed

18. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    Good three points today.

That leaves...

Anderlecht at home
    Inter at home
    @ Valencia

A win November 2 means 9 points. That could seal the deal.
    Let's hope that the Valencia match on December 7 is meaningless.

19. Ronaldo_76

Ronaldo_76 New Member

Oct 2, 2004
    yeah :D

great game...

micoud with a great game... and ivan "the killer klasnic" ! :cool:

100% werder

greetz fly out to all bremen fans...

20. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    The last 20 minutes were a little shaky but all in all a great game. I wonder when Sat1 (german free TV) starts to broadcast Bremen instead of Bayern. But i guess they're all a bunch of Bayern fans. It's cooler to watch the SVW in a Sportsbar anyway. In the half time yesterday Allofs said that Gustavo Nery, Fahrenhorst, Borowski, Jensen and Ümit Davala are going to be fit soon (within 10 days). That would be so important considering that Lagerblom and Valdez might be out now.

21. SourCream&OnionUtd

Nov 19, 1998
    Did anyone notice how Micoud was the first one to give up when Mainz scored their game-winner last weekend? OK, so he thought he was fouled by Jovanovic, but still...When you are near your own penalty area, and you concede possession, please, please at least try to run back and help your keeper. Mark somebody. Anybody. Don't just stand there like a whiny Frenchman! Get back! Defend! I guess Jo was counting on a Mazinot line in front of Reinke. WHOOPS!

Micoud's blunder was made all the worse by the fact that it was Jovanovic who had set up the equalizer only minutes before the game winning goal. He just should've known better. I've always liked Micoud in his time at Werder. But that injury time goal was pathetic, and it was almost totally his fault.

22. SoccerFan8270

SoccerFan8270 New Member

Oct 7, 2003
    Pennsylvania
    10/23/04

FINAL:
    Werder Bremen: 4
    Nurnberg: 1

23. Vfbstuttgartfan

Aug 3, 2004
    Stuttgart
    Club:
    VfB Stuttgart
    Re: 10/23/04

Good game by Bremen today...Micoud played his best game of the season, Klasnic was strong...a very strong result for Bremen against a very respectable Nurnberg.

24. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    19 year old Francis Banecki started in his first Bundesliga game. Also Daniel Jensen made his first appearance for Bremen as a substitute as well as Turkish International Ümit Davala after half a year of absence due to injury.

pretty good week for the champion. Next BL match is vs. Stuttgart

25. LebenslangGruenWeiss

Aug 13, 2004
    Heidelberg
    2:1 in Stuttgart. We're on a winning streak