News: The Welcome David de Gea thread

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by cr7torossi, May 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    This is what I said about him 2 seasons back.

It seems he pretty much caught the eye of Eric Steele and SAF around then as well.

Based on the promise he showed in his first full season, getting him as a successor of VDS is a no-brainer.

Of course, it has to be said that his form has been a lot scratchier of late; though how much of that was resultant of the impending transfer is hard to quantify.

Only shows his shot-stopping -

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=92SqCrZdAQk&feature=related"]YouTube - ‪David De Gea 2011 HD Sensational Young Goalkeeper‬‏[/ame]

2. Invincible

Invincible Member+

Mar 28, 2004
    Sanctuary
    I haven't seen too much of him, but if you're right about composure as well as his comfort with the ball at his feet I'd be very happy with his signing.

Hollywood keepers are a dime a dozen but keepers who are good with the ball are truly rare.

3. JamesA

JamesA Member+

Dec 7, 2004
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  4. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005
    Not sure if he speaks any English, that'll be his homework. Also, needs to work on kicking/passing with both feet.

5. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    As I said vince, those were indeed the stuff that caught my eye. His composure was stunning for his age. Bit more wobblier this season but could just be a combination of Atletico being worse than usual and his mind being elsewhere.

6. urbnzy

urbnzy Member+

Aug 13, 2007
    Slovenia
    It could be a result of poor Atletico performances, according to OptaJoe via twitter.