The Way Out Of The Darkness: The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by MVF, Jun 26, 2007.

1. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Bianchi will have a much greater impact for City then many people probably think. Him scoring in his first match is just a taste of what he can do. He's a prototypical center forward with great technical qualities as well. He will eventually be Luca Toni's replacement with the Italian National Team as well. Expect big things from this guy my friends.

2. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    That was an awsome goal, but let's not forget that it was against a team that barely stayed out of relegation last season. Let's see what happens the next 5 games to make a fair judgement.

3. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006
    Granted, but I'm also speaking in terms of what he did last season in Serie A. Bianchi is the real deal, and if Sven gives him the confidence that he needs, he'll become a proven winner for City.

4. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Those three Thai players are starting their trail this week. Good luck to them

5. canadianscraggledog

canadianscraggledog New Member

Jun 26, 2005
    London, Canada
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Gotta pay lip service to the new owner, thought can't imagine them getting signed let alone playing. Unless Thailand is the new Japan, or Korea.

6. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    yep, he was quite good in Serie A. The true test is this Sunday. I know Ranaldo, Rooney, Park are all out, but Man Utd's defence is in full shape, so Bianchi can prove himself worthy of all the praises if he does well.

7. fedwood

fedwood Member

Sep 13, 2004
    there was one good guy who i noticed at the asian cup
    a defender by the name of Suree Sukha

dont know if he will be good enough for the premierleague but he was looking good around his teammates

8. ForzaGrifo

ForzaGrifo Member

Sep 22, 2000
    What's happening to Samaras? When he first came to City he looked awesome. I thought he was the best player in City at that time.

Is he in Sven's dog house now or is he still in Sven's plan?

9. gdub171

gdub171 New Member

Jul 29, 2007
    California
    Where is that 3rd Brazillian that was rumoured to be joining city?

Geovanni said there were supposedly 2 more coming our way.

10. Manchester City

Jun 17, 2007
    Zaragosa, Spain
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Transfer Rumours - Monday, August 20th, 2007:

IN:

Caughtoffside.com
    "Manchester City could make a move for Real Madrid's Spanish international Guti before the transfer window closes (Sunday Express). José María Gutiérrez, as he is less commonly known, was reportedly on the Spurs radar last week, but now this summer’s perennial transfer snatchers City are seeking to scupper another deal by persuading the midfield maestro to opt for Sven’s rejuvenated outfit over Martin Jol’s stuttering Tottenham."

OUT:

Skysports.com
    "Skysports.com understands Derby are lining up a move for Manchester City's Darius Vassell. Rams boss Billy Davies is actively scouring the transfer market for reinforcements and he has made a new striker one of his top priorities. Davies is now believed to be considering a move for former Aston Villa ace Vassell."

Dailymail.co.uk
    "Leads boss Dennis Wise is trying to sign Shaleum Logan from Manchester City, who may allow Danny Mills go to Southampton."

11. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I heard this, I hope Logan doesn't go .. He looks a good talent.

Guti could be a "replacement" for Bresc?

12. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am admittedly ignorant about Bresc and Guti. However, after reading some about Guti he could definitely be a nice addition to our midfield. What strikers are avaliable? Surely SGE is considering finding one either now last minute or in January to supplement Bianchi now that Bojinov is out.

13. CityBlues

CityBlues Member

Jul 25, 2007
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From the Guardian:

Eriksson is now giving serious consideration to bringing in a replacement striker before the end of the transfer window, with Nicolas Anelka of Bolton Wanderers among the players under consideration.

Eriksson made it clear after taking the job that he wanted four strikers and, having won his opening three Premier League fixtures, he will be anxious to guard against City's impressive form being jeopardised by a lack of options in attack. He has already had the offer of more money from Thaksin Shinawatra, the club's billionaire owner, and is close to finalising the transfer of Italy's third-choice goalkeeper, Marco Amelia, in an estimated £6m deal from Livorno.

Amelia's representatives have already visited Manchester to discuss the transfer. More talks are planned over the next 24 hours and, if everything goes according to plan, the 25-year-old will take over from Kasper Schmeichel when the Premier League's early pace-setters visit Arsenal on Saturday. City appear to have dropped their interest in Jussi Jaaskelainen, having made an official inquiry about the Bolton goalkeeper earlier this month.
    Signing a goalkeeper has been among Eriksson's main concerns since he arrived but Bojinov's injury means City look lightweight at the other end of the pitch and that becomes the new priority. Rolando Bianchi, the £9m signing from Reggina, has had an encouraging start, scoring on his debut against West Ham, but Eriksson did not even include Bernardo Corradi and Georgios Samaras among his substitutes against United, while Paul Dickov has been told to find a new club.

14. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I think if Eriksson buys Amelia then he'll definately be first choice, with Isaksson on the bench. I would worry about replacing Schmeichel so quickly, I think alot of the defences succes so far could be attributed to the communication between the defenders and keeper, and the friendly relationship they seem to have. I can understand Sven's concerns though, you see Scheichels inexpierience every match and he is a bit short for a goalie.

15. gdub171

gdub171 New Member

Jul 29, 2007
    California
    Logan will go out on loan. I'm pretty sure he won't be sold after Sven liked his work in the preseason.

Guti probably would be a good addition even with his star power possibly being a negative, but we've already passed on two Madridista's this year in Emerson and Cassano. (Good choice!)

I would be quite happy with another striker, although Nic the Sulk for a 2nd city tour doesn't sound like a great decision. What about another outside the Prem guy... they're 5-10mil cheaper. Any ideas?

16. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Danny Mills goes on loan to Charlton
    30/08/2007 19:11​

Danny Mills has rejoined Charlton Athletic on a four-month loan deal.

The defender’s previous stint for the Addicks came in the late 1990s, when he played 45 times for the south London side before moving to Leeds United.

Sven-Goran Eriksson had told the 30-year-old that he was welcome to look for another club because opportunities were going to be limited for him with the Blues, and now Danny will link up with former City team-mates Nick Weaver and Ben Thatcher.

Danny made just one substitute appearance last season before spending two months on loan at Hull City, but his time there curtailed by a fractured leg. After battling back to full fitness he featured in most of City’s pre-season fixtures, and was on the bench for Wednesday night’s Carling Cup tie at Ashton Gate.

Tim Oscroft - MCFC.

And also, Suree Shuka (or something like that, One of the Thai boy's) has signed. Fleet footed right back.

We really need a striker though, With Samaras looking to get out along with Vassell & Corradi.

17. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Just a bit of a heads up.

Marco Bresciano has been left out of Palermo's squad for the weekend game against Livorno. Could it happen ?

18. 51BLU

51BLU Member

Aug 17, 2007
    UK
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Rumour on Sky Sports news that Klass Jan Huntelaar flew into Manchester Airport this morning.

19. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    hold your breadth guys, this striker is sick......... 41 goals in 51 apps with Ajax

but wait, we're not the only ones in Manchester looking for a striker. I hate to say it or maybe jinx it, but Man Utd is also looking for a striker.

20. Trident

Trident Member

Aug 20, 2007
    Montreal
    Oh jeez the hunter... It would be amazing if huntelaar would sign with City given recent success. I've been a fan of him forever.

21. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    Sven has said on the OS that he won't sign players just to boost the numbers up and if he does sign anyone it will be to boost the quality in the team, which could mean we aren't signing anyone at all. I hope we do, not because I'm being greedy but just because as good as the squad is, it could do with another midfielder in there and I love the buzz off signing someone!