The Way Out Of The Darkness: The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by MVF, Jun 26, 2007.

1. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Bingo! This must be the player my source was talking about, fits the bill perfectly.

2. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    source? you a scout or something :confused:

3. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Well, no:D, but there is this Citeh guy whom I don't know personally but he has got everything right in the Sven era, from Castillo joining Shaktar to each of the players that they bought.

4. jpick

jpick Member

Jul 5, 2006
    jacksonville, FL
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    what did he say about amelia or barzagli to city, are those rubbish rumors in his opinion?

5. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    He hasn't commented on that. His last comment was about another Brazilian player joining City.

6. Colin Bell the King

Colin Bell the King New Member

Sep 7, 2004
    Wythenshawe
    My source says its Diego ;)

7. cr7torossi

cr7torossi Member+

May 10, 2007
    Well, Josue's agent has just confirmed receiving a bid from City. And I think that the Palermo manager has just said that Bresciano is very close to leaving.

8. cdmphy

cdmphy Member

Jan 14, 2000
    Natick, MA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  9. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Ronaldinho!!! :)

I'm a bit shocked at all the action... now I really wish he was appointed earlier so the team has more time to gel... we shall see tomorrow against Valencia - cant wait!

10. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    The other Brazilian is meant to be Diego and I think theres been other rumours about him. Theres a lot flying around about Bresciano too so we could well expect a new signing next week. I was really concerned about the lack of activity before Thursday but I turned on SSN and I had a massive smile when I saw the three players we got and then Bojinov today. We can't expect too much because they all need to settle in, but it looks exciting :D

Other news: We've missed out in Cheillini http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/03082007/1/city-miss-juve-defender.html

And...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Sven plans to keep spending
    Eriksson not stopping at eight

Sven Goran Eriksson expects to complete another signing in the next few days.

The Swede has brought in eight new faces since being appointed Manchester City boss and is excited about the coming season.

He accepts that it will take time for the squad to settle but is confident his side will be ready for their opening game of the Premier League season against West Ham.

"We have one week to try and make a team of it but the situation is like this and we have to make the best of it," he told Sky Sports News.

"We can't be ready yet but one week is a long time and I hope we will be ready for the game against West Ham."

Eriksson is looking to secure one more player on Monday but has refused to confirm whether the next arrival will be his first English signing.

"We will see," he explained. "We have been looking for British players but we have a lot in the squad, I think eight or nine.

"I will never comment on the rumours but we will see in the next three or four days

"On Monday I think we will have one more, and then it is hard work before the start of the season."

Eriksson hails quartet

Presenting his latest four signings to the media, Eriksson lavished praise on Brazilian playmaker Elano, striker Valeri Bojinov and highly-rated defensive duo Javi Garrido and Vedran Corluka.

"Of course I'm very happy and I think everyone at the club is very happy, the fans as well," said the manager.

"Around me are really good, young football players, both for the future and for now.

"We have a very good left defender (Garrido), a lot of goals (Bojinov), a lot of fantasy and goals (Elano) and an extremely good central defender and right-back (Corluka).

"I am quite confident they will do very, very well for Manchester City."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_2639056,00.html

11. Alan D

Alan D New Member

Nov 5, 2005
    York
    Palermo to lose City target
    Bresciano set to leave Serie A club

Palermo coach Stefano Colantuono expects Mark Bresciano to join Manchester City.

Skysports.com revealed last month that the Australia international is among new City boss Sven Goran Eriksson's transfer targets.

Eriksson has already brought eight new players to City since being appointed manager and could add to that tally with Bresciano.

The midfielder has recently been playing for his country in the Asian Cup, but his current club expect him to move to the Premier League.

Not worried

Colantuono acknowledged that Bresciano is on his way out of Palermo and he is now looking for replacements.

"His sale is almost certain, but I am not worried," Colantuono told the Italian media.

"He is a good player, but I only want determined and motivated men who are eager to be part of this project.

"I would have fielded him down one of the flanks next season, but it's not a problem and we will find an adequate replacement.

"We had already targeted a player, but the president of the club who owns him does not want to sell him."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11679_2639547,00.html

12. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Mate.

That was a BBC article from about 2 weeks ago. :)

13. Intelligence

Intelligence New Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Hi ,

Well great times for City maybe but concerning Diego is that you basically can't afford the asking fee from Werder,Or another way of looking at it is you don't want to part with that sort of money on 1 player . The fee is around the £17,000,000 mark

14. Aussie red

Aussie red New Member

Apr 24, 2007
    Adelaide
    IF you guys could land Mark Bresciano, that would be great for your club, he is a very good player. any idea on what the transfer fee would be??

15. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Not sure what Sven will be willing to pay for Marco.

Maybe in the region of $5 Mil To $9 Mil.

?

16. decola

decola Member+

Sep 12, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
  17. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  18. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's an entertaining article about SGE and his wheeling and dealing from the International Herald Tribune.

If he likes stress, then he ought to be pretty happy at City. ;)

19. motownajax

motownajax New Member

Jul 15, 2006
    Detroit
    If I want jacked up before I am totally jacked up now. Its possible after this intense whirlwind that the frenzied feeling linger and city goes out there and steamrolls the Hammers.

20. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Antonio Cassano to Manchester City?

Was a rumour on an Australian soccer show last night .. would be an enourmous coup if we could manage to get him and to stroke his ego.

21. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Manchester City new signings Vedran Corluka and Valeri Bojinov have both been granted work permits.

Neither Bulgarian striker Bojinov, 21, or Croatian defender Corluka, 21, met the strict criteria required.

But City's former England boss Sven-Goran Eriksson made a personal appearance at the pair's appeal hearing in Sheffield.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/6939313.stm

22. gdub171

gdub171 New Member

Jul 29, 2007
    California
    Since we still need a Keeper... what about Kasey Keller. He's played for Tottenham before and he's still got some class. Should be a very cheap contract, for backup in case we don't get Amelia. Cudicini will cost more than he's worth (bag 'o nails). Any other keeper options out there that are not #1's for their current club?

23. NER_MCFC

NER_MCFC Member

May 23, 2001
    Cambridge, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now that Weaver's gone, a solid veteran back-up to Isaksson would be useful, but would Keller be interested, or does he still want to start?

24. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia