The Way Out Of The Darkness: The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by MVF, Jun 26, 2007.

1. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    well, that i don't understand, because Issakson is a good goalkeeper. I was dissapointed that Pearce didn't use him all that often.

2. mattteo

mattteo Member

Jul 19, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    no way, totally different player....he's much more similar to materazzi.

3. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Manchester City target Nery Castillo claims Olympiakos are prepared to sell him.

Castillo has been strongly linked with a move to Manchester City with Sven Goran Eriksson keen to bolster his attacking options.

City are believed to be willing to pay £10million for the Mexico striker and Olympiakos are now thought to be ready to listen to offers for the highly-rated attacker.

Talks between Castillo and Olympiakos about his future broke down on Friday and he says he was stunned to find out the club were prepared to listen to offers for him.

"They (Olympiakos) told me that if I can bring in a 15 million euro offer then I can leave the club," Castillo told the Greek press.

"I was expecting something else. I came today with the dream to stay with Olympiakos. Unfortunately, that is not how it turned out to be.

"There is a huge difference between the two sides. I am trying to do whatever I can but Olympiakos must see that as well. It is my career and life that we are talking about here."

Olympiakos technical director Ilija Ivic has admitted the club have received a €13million (£8.8million) bid from a mystery club for Castillo, but he insists the Greek champions will only sell the striker on their terms.

"Castillo has a three-year contract with Olympiakos. If the contract does not expire the player cannot leave the club," Ivic told Greek radio.

"There's no issue at hand since we want the player to stay with the club. If the player wants to leave then as long as Olympiakos is satisfied with the outcome everything will be okay.

"Castillo will leave if he wants to leave and only if the offer presented to Olympiakos is worthwhile."

4. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Bah. This new layout is .. well .. not as aesthetically pleasing as the last one :p.

Chiellini is in England as of today, Juventus have 3 friendlies, but our good friend Claudio Ranieri has hinted that it may be a one-way ticket for the italian (Channel 4)

5. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Nery Castillo is off to Shaktar Donesk :(.

6. Manchester City

Jun 17, 2007
    Zaragosa, Spain
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Damnit, damnit, damnit.

I doubt very much he chose to go to the Ukraine.

7. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Of course he didn't.

I mean come on, Go to England with the possibility of picking up a team's fortunes, or even being picked up by a large club with the huge possibilty of catching somebodys eyes ..

Or Ukraine. Nuff Said.

Well done Olympiacos (Sp?). Stabbing a favorite son in the back.

8. Manchester City

Jun 17, 2007
    Zaragosa, Spain
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    It was intentionally understated, but well done with the response. :D

9. TrDm1n3r

TrDm1n3r Member+

Dec 8, 2006
    San Diego
    Club:
    Club América
    It's not official yet but if this turns out to be true then I consider it a very bad move for Castillo and (as you stated) a stab in the back by Olympiacos.

10. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    It's just about official.

I'm shattered. Couldn't wait to get Nery in, and he wanted to leave .. So the club sold him to the highest bidder, possibly ruining his career in the process (I have no clue about the strength of Shaknar Donesk, but apparently it's the same strength as Olympiacos, Which would be a step back IMHO)

11. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He is never leaving Shaktar... no one ever leaves Shaktar.... pisses me off... could have gone to City a few seasons, took us to europe, then go to Madrid, but no F#ckin Shaktar!

12. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    It is a crappy club. Shaknar Donesk, like you sai, is similar to Olympiacos. The teams appears in the Champion's League because it's domstic league is weak and that's why they always make it. In the Champion's League, I usually see them get a point or two and always eliminated in the group stage. so it's kind of said that Castillo went to this crappy club.

By the way, are we going to re-sign Sun Jihai?

13. gdub171

gdub171 New Member

Jul 29, 2007
    California
    Castillo just blew up at the Copa, otherwise he's a no-namer that couldn't crack the Mexican Nats. I think he might've been overvalued this time around. He's no David Villa.

I think Elano will prove to be a better pickup now that Shaktar needs to money to retroactively pay for Castillo.

There must be a ton of money laundering for that club to afford all this action though.

14. Intelligence

Intelligence New Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Man City Fans ,

Good news for you as you will at least see another 3 new faces . Elano deal is not that far off but he is speaking to other teams .

15. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Have you any idea who the three new faces will be ?

From memory,

Chiellini, Zigic & Elano ??

16. Intelligence

Intelligence New Member

Jul 31, 2007
    Maybe Valeri Bojinov

17. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    If he ever got it all together, Very good player, As it stands, Wasted Talent IMHO.

18. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I would love Elano - a good winger and I think he really wants to get the hell out of Eastern Europe. I believe hes a lefty too, should fit right in.

19. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't petrov a left winger?... Elano has to play central or on the right (that is where the real need is now)

20. Manchester City

Jun 17, 2007
    Zaragosa, Spain
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    If he is lefty than even better; put him on right for a few matches and watch the curls.

21. chinesefootballfan

Oct 11, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    he's a decent player, not great. For some reason, EA Sports FIFA 2007 gave him very high attributes, as high as Rooney.

22. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    I dont know much about Petrov but if we do get Elano he can probably fit on the right side... is there such a thing as a Brazilian international who cant use both feet?? :)

23. TheNameOfTheG..

TheNameOfTheG.. New Member

Apr 30, 2006
    Šibenik
    Although there is no offical signs seems that Vedran Corluka is going to Manchester City.

24. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
  25. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria