The Way Out Of The Darkness: The Transfer Thread

Discussion in 'Manchester City' started by MVF, Jun 26, 2007.

1. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Will he need to acclimatise, or is he the kind of player who will fit straight in ?

(Better ask you, i have no clue about him !)

2. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    that's a tough question, we'll have to see, he's played in Serie A all his career.

He got the #10

[​IMG]

3. cdmphy

cdmphy Member

Jan 14, 2000
    Natick, MA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Great post. And I personally think that this is the best value for striker that we have seen in this silly season.

Couple of questions: did he rely heavily on the underrated
    [FONT=&quot]Giacomo Tedesco? Because at the moment City don't have anyone with his ability to provide service.

And was Amorouso important for pulling players to free Bianchi. I feel that Amorouso is more of a poacher type, so the reverse might be true.

And how instumental was Bianchi in Amorouso' 17 goals?

Thanks

[/FONT]

4. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I don't think Reggina relied on one person for anything this past season. Their main strength this campaign was their teamwork. They played like a team and shared the ball and everyone played for the team. You could say that at first defenders started to mark Amoruso since he is the more experienced striker but once Bianchi hit that scoring streak defenders took notice and started marking him tightly as well the whole season. Bianchi did make a few assists for Amoruso, and if it wasn't an assist where he gave the killer ball to Amoruso, it was helping him get free by making a run and taking defenders with him.

5. sizal9

sizal9 Member+

Mexico
    Aug 24, 2005
    I read somewhere that SGE is eying Nery Castillo.

I think it would be a perfect club for him to go.

6. Manchester City

Jun 17, 2007
    Zaragosa, Spain
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    There are rumors circulating, and I certainly hope they a true. I would be very happy to see Castillo come to City. He is a workhouse to be sure; fairly good decision-making (although can often be quick to strike before finding support), strong leg, and not afraid to drive towards the backs and force them to contain.

Although there is also talk that Valencia is quietly negotiating with Olympiacos (they started towards the end of Nery's fairly good performance in Copa America). Everyone seems to be interested in him now that he has improved his attitude and he has shown he can play at the Champions League and International levels.

7. Nico Limmat

Nico Limmat Member+

Oct 24, 1999
    Dubai, UAE
    Club:
    Grasshopper Club Zürich
    Nat'l Team:
    Switzerland
  8. Manchester City

Jun 17, 2007
    Zaragosa, Spain
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  9. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Fernandes sounds good.

In a completely un-related topic, Our swiss exchange student came today and i got a swiss international shirt :D.

10. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Skysports.com understands that Lucho Gonzalez is very high on Sven Goran Eriksson's wanted list at Manchester City.

However, Porto are asking for €20million (£13.5million) for their skipper and are unlikely to drop their price.

11. Fevernova99

Fevernova99 Member

May 3, 2003
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Castillo just completed a fantastic tour of duty for Mexico, so no thanks lets not pay the inflated price for him. He is going to cost way too much right now. I feel we have 4-5 forwards to compete for the job, hopefully Samaras and Corradi will come out and prove their critics wrong.

Fernandes will be used in a holding role according to a Sven interview. We need to focus on a solid center-back right now.

Ljungberg would be a good signing only if its cheap, he is a proven player and still have something left in him. I'd rather see 3-4 million go to him rather than someone who has played in France/Italy and might not adjust to the EPL

12. Manchester City

Jun 17, 2007
    Zaragosa, Spain
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You just described both of our signings to date (though Fernandes played in Switzerland). And I agree with you, as I have said in my past posts.

That said, I see something in Nery. I cannot really articulate it, but it is a sense of greatness--something that just does not come with Ljungberg or our present strikers (especially Samaras, who squanders the gift he has).

I would normally advocate fiscal conservatism, as you are, but in this case I think I could live with City paying an exaggerated fee for Castillo, just as I am sure Liverpool supporters will with Torres.

13. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    SKY SPORTS is saying:
    Manchester City have made a move for Olympiakos star Nery Alberto Castillo, according to reports in Greece.
    Castillo is contracted to Olympiakos until 2010, but they are ready to offer him a double-your-money contract in order to fend off big interest from around Europe.
    The 23-year-old, who agreed to join Manchester United as a 16-year-old before a work-permit wrangle ruled out the move, is now the subject of immense interest.
    Greek sources claim both Shakhtar Donetsk and City have lodged offers for the player - but Olympiakos are ready to fight hard to keep Castillo.
    The midfielder is married to a Greek woman, which Olympiakos hope will mean he is likely to stay - but it also frees him to move across Europe as an EU national without any restrictions. Castillo is due to meet Olympiakos officials on Tuesday to discuss his future.

IMO We MUST get this done.

14. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    What can you fella's tell me about Castillo.

He's creating a fuss, but i previously haven't heard of him. Where does he fit in ?

15. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    This is what the team looks like as of now.

-------------Isakkson-----------------
    ---------Dunne------XXXX----------
    ---Richards ---------l-------Ball--------
    --------------Fernandes ---------------
    ---XXX----------------------XXX-------
    ------------Johnsen/Ireland/XXXX------
    --------Bianchi ------ Samaraas -------

This is what i feel we could line up next year. XXX is somethign i feel we are in need of. We need a few more midfielders, and a good strong CB. A creative AM wouldn't go astray either.

16. sizal9

sizal9 Member+

Mexico
    Aug 24, 2005

17. South East Citizen

South East Citizen New Member

Jul 4, 2006
    Exiled in Kent
    Sven said that he wasn't sure how many games Fernandes was gonna start this season, so I reckon we still need to buy three quarters of our starting midfield 4.

Castillo sounds like an awesome player, I'd be seriously pleased if we get him :D Can't wait to see what our starting team is gonna be against West Ham!!

18. Giallorossiguy

Giallorossiguy New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Forget Samaras Sven wants ibrahimovic:D :eek:

19. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's Stephen Ireland, except he has pace, can dribble, use both feet, very creative, can finish, will make everyone around him better, and Nery had the best performace out of anybody (including Arg and Bra) at the Copa America.

20. thejuggernaut

thejuggernaut Member

Mar 25, 2007
    PA
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    -------------Isakkson-----------------
    ---------Dunne------Richards----------
    ---Nedum ---------l-------Ball--------
    --------------Johnson ---------------
    ---XXX----------------------XXX-------
    ------------ Castillo(maybe jumpin the gun)------
    --------Bianchi ------ Mpenzo -------

21. Manchester City

Jun 17, 2007
    Zaragosa, Spain
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    You should be a publicist... for Man city. :rolleyes:

22. Manchester City

Jun 17, 2007
    Zaragosa, Spain
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
  23. MVF

MVF Member

Jan 23, 2006
    Victoria
    Club:
    Manchester City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Another good peice of business by Sven.

And i forgot completley about Emile in my XI... But i still think Samaras is the better player, And could start on fire.

24. Giallorossiguy

Giallorossiguy New Member

Feb 2, 2007
    Isaksson
    richards
    dunne
    onuoha
    ball
    geovanni
    fernandes
    johnson/ireland
    dabo or Castillo