The Walking Dead - season 7

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Belgian guy, Oct 19, 2016.

1. mwulf67

mwulf67 Member+

Sep 24, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Yeah, there was dialogue between leader Scavenger and Negan to the effect that people are resources too…I assumed they were referring to Alexandrians, but that was unclear…

mike4066, Belgian guy and Boandlkramer repped this.
  2. Boandlkramer

Boandlkramer Member+

Apr 9, 2009
    Samma Weltmeister!
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    This makes the most sense

3. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Now I'm not sure I am remembering right either.

4. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    If its your memory vs mine my bet is on you!!

5. malby

malby Member+

Liverpool FC
    Republic of Ireland
    May 11, 2004
    Rep of Ireland
    Club:
    Drogheda United
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    How did I totally miss this??

6. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That made zero sense, tbh. They were still negotiating AFTER they'd already fought the Alexandrians.

Also, at what point were Negan's and the junk-yard people supposed to have agreed this deal? The double-cross I mean. When was that sorted out?

7. mwulf67

mwulf67 Member+

Sep 24, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    My take…there was clearly an agreement in principal……kinda like a player to be named later…the number of people was probably generally understood both parties to be somewhere between 8-12...both sides were willing gamble a bit as to that final number based on how thing worked out in the end…and in the end, Negan felt in a stronger position and set it at 10…

Negan did mention a little birdie whispering in his ear about Rick’s plans…I assume that was the scavangers…time as always been a bit fluid and undefined on this show…has it been 2 days or 2 weeks since Sasha was captured?

8. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I saw an article about who might have told them the alexandrians and hilltop were going to fight back. I thought it was the hilltop guy myself but, as you say, maybe not.

The whole thing about the junk-yard nutters strikes me as a total stretch anyway. The Alexandrians had already got the weapons and were ambushed by the junk-yard people and yet STILL managed to fight back and hold them off almost until the Kingdom and Hilltop people arrived. If they hadn't been ambushed they'd have obviously done a lot better themselves so why involve a bunch of flakes like the junk-yard people who'd already threatened him and almost killed him? That makes NO sense.

It would have made more sense to get the weapons and explosives and simply attack the next Negan group who turned up when they were INSIDE the compound from elevated positions and with the explosives. Grab whoever manages to survive, if any, and extract information as to available forces, sites, etc.

They could warn the hilltop and Kingdom so they'd have a chance to change their minds about fighting back.

As @Belgian guy says, a guerilla campaign would stand a lot more chance of success if hilltop and the Kingdom don't want to help.

mike4066 repped this.
  9. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    great point. seems her powers were in the katana

10. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    i thought it was his but on Reddit someone mentioned it may have been 1 of the Alexandreans

Belgian guy repped this.
  11. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Probably payroll for the lead actors.

LouisianaViking07/09 and mike4066 repped this.
  12. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The show won't miss her. What an amazingly stupid character. She's supposed to have the marksmanship of a sniper, but goes barging into Negan's headquarters Rambo style and of course gets captured. Then Negan gives her a knife to dispatch the corpse of the would be rapist. She leaves the knife in the head of the zombie, instead of using it to attack Negan when he returns. Later she's pleading with Eugene for a knife or anything.
    The posters on this forum give more thought to the plot than the writers of this show.

Naughtius Maximus and mike4066 repped this.
  13. eric_appleby

eric_appleby Member+

Jun 11, 1999
    Down East
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    However the Dwight triple cross was a nice dramatic touch. He had me sold that he was ready to stab Negan in the back.

14. mike4066

mike4066 Member+

Jun 30, 2007
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is still on the side of Alexandria. That was the little solder that Daryl found, it said "Didn't Know". If I remember correctly Dwight does those little wood figures and Daryl knows that.

15. LouisianaViking07/09

Aug 15, 2009
    they filmed the finale in October/November I believe and she was announced for the new Star Trek show in December so they probably knew they'd have to kill her off. If only they had built up her sacrifice (with more emphasis on her in recent episodes rather than just 1 or 2 episodes over the season).

16. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    I don't think it was a triple cross, he probably didn't know that Negan had made that deal with the Scavengers. Otherwise he wouldn't have followed through on his promise to slow down Negan's convoy by putting some trees on the road.

mike4066 repped this.
  17. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    Is Eugene still salvageable for the "good guys" group?
    Rick was ready to kill him, but they have known for a long time now that Eugene is an opportunistic coward who will do anything to stay alive, so I don't see how they can really blame him for acting completely like his character would have predicted.

LouisianaViking07/09 repped this.
  18. mwulf67

mwulf67 Member+

Sep 24, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I believe/hope he do something heroic as his final act to redeem himself; that sure seems the foreshadowing to me…maybe a little cliché, but could be one of the better, more satisfying story arcs for a character…I don’t really see him coming back from this to be a part of the group anymore…

19. Naughtius Maximus

Jul 10, 2001
    Shropshire
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah, I agree. It was also taking a risk as well and, if it was a triple cross, what would be the point.

I still can't get my head around how the deal with the scavengers is supposed to have occurred. I mean, WHEN? Under what circumstances has Negan come across them and not put them directly under his control, as he has done everybody else. What's so special about them that he has to 'deal' with them in that way. Why wouldn't he just nick their weapons, (including the ones Rick gave them), as he did Ricks and hilltops?

20. mwulf67

mwulf67 Member+

Sep 24, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Their location could be what’s so special…I believe the show panned out at one point and showed their Junk Yard to be HUGH….tactically, it might be tough to attack or threaten…

Couple that with their “take don’t bother” mantra (wtf that actually means), strategically, it might just be easier/smarter for Negan to just let them be…

21. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

Evil
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    re: the Saviors / Scavengers deal

When I heard "people" I assumed folks in the Sanctuary and/or Alexandrians. Obviously the two groups knew of each other before Rick met them. The Scavengers probably have a significant wealth of resources to offer the Saviors with acres of garbage ( scrap metal, odds and ends - instead of rapidly disappearing resources food like everyone else ). And if the garbage queen made the "guns" bargain on the fly knowing they could either side with Rick if they proved more powerful in numbers and so forth or simply send them on an firearm goose chase only to turn them over to Negan in exchange for higher standing - that would be smart leadership. I'd like to think that but since this group is a TV show thing I have my doubts. I can't see Gimple or anyone thinking that up with all the other nonsense.

22. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    So wife and I picked this show up in the new year on Netflix, mostly enjoyed it, while noting how much worse humanity was getting and basically how much dumber Rick was getting....

well we quit in the middle of episode 1, season 7. Quite literally, in the middle of Glenn’s death. I pushed stop and tossed the remote, the writers seemed to glory in the worst aspects of humanity, and Negan - was just the last straw.

with that said, i appreciate you guys carrying on. I had a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach and reading this thread was cathartic