The villanization of the Mexican player

Discussion in 'Mexico' started by Deleted USer, Nov 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blanquiroja redded

Jun 1, 2004
    New Jersey
    Mexico is just not a good national team. They are overrated and they are unjustly ranked. They are ranked high just because in the WCQ they play teams like Dominica and Cuba. If they were in Conmebol they'd be a doormat.

2. southsideirish71

southsideirish71 New Member

Jul 25, 2003
    Chicago
    That was not our Full International squad. How did you guys do in the world cup against the US. How have you done against our full squad. You havent had a result besides a draw in a long time.

2-0

3. Tecos

Tecos Member+

Apr 8, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    Tecos UA de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    yea like if detroit and indiana were to match up in the nba you would see NOTHING like that...americans have morals...

4. southsideirish71

Jul 25, 2003
    Chicago
    Again you list Chicago as where your residence is, then you use American in third person. Just another hypocritical american of mexican decent who believes that he lives in mexico city.

5. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here we go. :(

BTW, when are we gonna stop with this urine bag thing? I've heard it mentioned on bigsoccer hundreds of times, but no one has actually seen it(not that I would believe them if they claimed to have seen it). First off, Countess was refering to spanish speaking countries, at least that's what I can gather by his lumping Mexico and El Salvador together as though they are the same. I doubt very much that Countess has ever been hit by a bag of urine, least of all in Mexico.

I believe the main urine thing came from a bag of liquid being thrown at Keller or Friedel(sp?) in some smaller CONCACAF country, which was blown up and attributed to all brown skin people, by ignorant people.

The fact that a lot of US fans seriously think Mexicans, even in US stadiums, would whip out their penises in front of 40,000 people and urinate into a cup or bag, just so they could hurl it like some ape at the US national team players, shows the level of rascism present among a lot of US fans. (BTW, props for the "50 foot brick wall" statement. It really gives a good impression of where you are coming from. :rolleyes: ) The fact that you think so little of hispanics, that they lack any kind of self control, dignity, or class, makes your ignorance readily apparent.

Thanks for representing us United States National team fans. We need more "uniters" such as yourself.

6. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Just like Peru?

7. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We don't have morals. But then again, Artest went to St. John's. An aborted fetus could get accepted into St. John's without trying.

But our SOCCER players have to keep their heads, maybe our fed keeps telling them that they have to for the benefit of the US game.

If the players don't want to be called out for stupid stuff, then they shouldn't do it. Conor Casey, too much of a cheap shot artist, thought that he'd be above that. Called him out, will you reciprocate? The list that you'd have to provide would involve many more players, however, verdad?

8. southsideirish71

Jul 25, 2003
    Chicago
    From USA Today

Gloves come off when USA, Mexico meet
    Soccer rivals fight for Athens berth

by Kelly Whiteside | Feb 10 '04

GUADALAJARA, Mexico -- The last time the U.S. and Mexican under-23 men's soccer teams met here, U.S. players were showered with beer bottles, batteries and racial epithets after a 3-1 victory. And that match, last spring, was a friendly, the soccer term for an exhibition.
    So imagine the scene tonight when the USA will play Mexico before an expected sellout of 60,000 in an Olympic qualifying tournament semifinal. The winner gets one of the North/Central American and Caribbean region's two bids to the Athens Games; the loser is out.

After the U.S. team's first two games of the tournament, it left the field to taunting chants of "Osama! Osama!" in reference to al Qaeda leader bin Laden.

Defender Jose Burciaga, a Mexican-American from Dallas, heard the chants and seethed. "For all of us Americans, we went through something so dramatic as 9/11, that's not something you joke around with. I don't know how people can stoop so low," he says.

Crowds in Mexico long have been hostile to U.S. players. Stories from the 1990s, when the U.S. team became increasingly competitive worldwide, have become part of soccer lore: U.S. flags burning in the stands at Mexico City's Azteca Stadium, bags of urine and feces tossed on the field and the likenesses of U.S. players hanging in effigy from the stadium rafters.

9. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Yeah dude we slughtered your asses with our C squad. It foretells the future of the US vs Mexico rivalry.

10. wonko389

wonko389 New Member

Oct 11, 2004
    jax, fl
    A. Villanization is not a word. I believe you were trying for Villification. If you unable to wirte coherently in English, try Spanish. There are plenty of bi-lingual people on this forum.

B. It is quite true that the Mexican National Team plays dirty. This is not the first time Mexicans have been sent off while playing the US for intentional dirty fouls. Remember at the 2002 World Cup when Blanco was sent off for heading Cobi Jones in Mexico's loss to the US.

C. Yes there are dirty players everywhere and sometimes games get out of hand. However, this happens much more when the US plays Mexico. I think this has a lot to do with the fact that these "gringos" (on any given matchday I dont think the US team is more than 60% WASP) keep beating them. If you hadnt beaten your archrival in several years you would be ornery too. How long has it been anyways 7, maybe 8 years?

D. If you are of Mexican descent but live here, why the hell do you support Mexico? I had two friends in South Texas who were Mexican immigrants, their Dad brought them here when they were 8 or so. They supported Mexico, but their Dad who was a non-english speaking Daylaborer supported the US. When I asked him why he said, "******** Mexico, Mexico never did anything for me. Why do you think I left. Atleast in the US a poor man's kids can be somebody."

11. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Was in Giants Stadium for the US game against Pumas in 1999. We were chanting, "Nanana, hey hey hey, goodbye" as the game was nearly over and then beers come from the section over, possibly due to the chants being sung and us waving goodbye to those fans in section 140 (the US fan section was in 101 that day). Not many green Mexican shirts, but there were Nike jerseys, dark blue with a Puma on the front. So, what are you saying?

That's the truth. Definitely plenty of Mexicans that day, whether or not they're recent immigrants or have been here for a bit. Don't want to be called out for it? Then don't do it. Mexicans can say all that they want when US fans say the crap stuff about lawn-mowing, and all that junk, it's correct and US fans have no defense for it, but then you shouldn't have much defense for what your compatriots do either.

So keep your players acting they way they do. We'll take man advantage.

12. FGarcia1

FGarcia1 New Member

Jul 25, 2003
    Santa Barbara, CA
    Seems to me that you're the hypocrite; you're here, bashing on Mexico in the Mexico boards, whose posters are mainly, as you say, Americans of Mexican descent.

If you claim it's wrong for Mexico supporters to segregate Americans by basis of ethnic/racial descent, then it's equally wrong to use that same segregation to make your points, most of which carry the respectability and maturity of a retarded 13-year-old.

I'm tired of hearing people labeling an entire group of people based on the small population of people they're exposed to. Yes, it was wrong that the Mexico players got out of hand; irregardless of the reactions of the US players, they shouldn't have overreacted. We could draw countless parallels to other sporting events and other sports, but I won't go into that.

When I go into the US boards and see people bashing all Mexicans just because some of Mexico's football players fail to demonstrate composure, I see that US fans are capable of exactly that racism they claim to see in Mexico fans. It's hypocritical, harmful to both sides, and has to stop.

13. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    Not all of us USMNT supporters are sympathetic to this clown's racist views and ignorant claims.

14. wsmaugham

wsmaugham Member+

Apr 3, 2002
    Chicago

Well said.

15. Don Boppero 3000

Don Boppero 3000 DNALMQNLGLLMX!

Jan 15, 2001
    The Fullerton Hotel Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

Take her advice.

16. southsideirish71

Jul 25, 2003
    Chicago
    Actually Americans of Mexican decent that post here believe that they are mexicans and identify with the mexican national team. This is one of the sillier things that I have seen. The US is a melting pot. Melt on in.

17. SoulflyTribeFC

SoulflyTribeFC New Member

Mar 24, 2002
    Actually, I am an American of Mexican decent and I post here and I support the USMNT, so don't overgeneralize.

And why would anyone want to melt into your steaming cesspool of hatred?

18. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    With 90% of US fans being trolls I'd rather support the Mexican NT.

19. southsideirish71

Jul 25, 2003
    Chicago
    I was waiting for a liberal to come up to play the "the views of this individual are not aligned with the views of the rest of the team."

20. Greddy

Greddy Member

Jun 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First off, I didn't say they don't throw garbage. Everyone throws garbage, ask Jermaine O'neill. I was at a Mexico game at New Soldier field a year ago (mostly for the luxury suite and I spent most of watching the Fire win the US Open cup) where the fans showered the field with garbage because the Mexican team played without any heart. I do take exception to people who assume that the beer being thrown is urine, because those classless Mexicans would throw no less.

Also, MY PLAYERS play for the US national team.

21. southsideirish71

Jul 25, 2003
    Chicago

Sure thats why you support them. Its all because of trolls on an internet board.

22. southsideirish71

Jul 25, 2003
    Chicago

Hatred. Now you are stretching.

23. La China Poblana

May 13, 2003
    Chicago
    He is more than coherent when speaking English. You aren't funny. If this forum were conducted in Spanish, we'd have a lot less intrusions from USMNT fans. The issue he raised, that Mexican players are being portrayed as villains, isn't conveyed by the word vilification.
    You clearly have no need to understand us, so why don't you just leave as well. Feel free to use the example of your friends in Texas to justify the way you feel about those of us who support the Mexican National Team.

24. DNA

DNA Member

Jul 4, 2004
    Los Angeles
    It is one of the reasons.

25. El Cabrito

El Cabrito Member

Dec 22, 2002
    Ca
    I think the difrence is:

1) Anyone who had TV access saw what connor casey did

2) All we have to go by is accounts of some few fans and the decision of a ref who many of you're own MLSers have no respect for.