The US Supreme Court Thread - Post Roe v. Wade reversal edition

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by argentine soccer fan, Jun 27, 2022.

1. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Aaaand...this will never happen because SC justices get in & never leave till they want to or croak.

2. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    But we all know if it were a Democratic appointment, impeachment would be a top priority for a Republican Senate (or whoever is responsible for impeaching Supreme Court justices).

3. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    Pretty sure House impeaches and Senate tries, same as it ever was. Remove the water from the bottom of the ocean.

Chesco United repped this.
  4. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Time may not be after YOU, but it's after ME...

5. Kazuma

Kazuma Member+

Chelsea
    Jul 30, 2007
    Detroit
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Folks like Roberts at the end of the day, are still Reagan Republicans. Naive but still under the impression that they're part of something noble despite evidence showing otherwise.

6. rslfanboy

rslfanboy Member+

Jul 24, 2007
    Section 26
    I was like that with being Mormon, but I woke up.

The koolaid is quite quite good, if you're white, cis-hetero, and male!

xtomx and Mike03 repped this.
  7. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Kool-aid always unfairly gets a bad rap. Jim Jones gave those folks cheap-ass Flavor-aid. Wouldn't even splurge for real Kool-aid.

ChrisSSBB, Smurfquake, chaski and 4 others repped this.
  8. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Damn... I thought you were making a joke, but Googling shows it to be true. Jones was worse than we thought- a man's last drink oughta be the good stuff...

song219 repped this.
  9. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry. I should have linked.

xtomx repped this.
  10. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    If someone who is ordinarily cheap is all of the sudden not cheap you'll end up raising suspicions. You can't disturb the sheep.

11. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I first heard that it was Flavor -aid about 10 years ago. Ever since then, I have had this same thought every time someone mentions drinking the Kool-aid.

They are both gross, though.

12. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He told 'em what time it was.
    It's not like they thought they were drinking Flavor-aid just 'cause it was hot out and Costco was selling it cheap.

13. song219

song219 BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 5, 2004
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Vanuatu
    He told them they were going to meet god. I don't think he told them they were going to die doing it. Meeting god calls for serving the good stuff not some low-cost copycat brand.

Auriaprottu and xtomx repped this.
  14. xtomx

xtomx Member+

Chicago Fire
    Sep 6, 2001
    Northern Wisconsin, but not far from civilization
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Well, he did spring for the "good" cyanide, apparently.
    What, too soon?

Cascarino's Pizzeria and Funkfoot repped this.
  15. Auriaprottu

Auriaprottu Member+

Atlanta Damn United
    Apr 1, 2002
    The back of the bus
    Club:
    Atlanta
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    AFAIK, that's the only way. Some have claimed otherwise..

Agreed. What's better between Kool-Aid and Hawaiian Punch? I've been on a cheap fruit punch buying spree the last few days. Faygo, Fanta, HP, buying it to go with BBQ..

16. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    The Jonestown tapes are so disturbing. He was getting po'd that parents couldn't keep their kids quiet as everyone around them were dropping like flies.

xtomx repped this.
  17. Q*bert Jones III

Q*bert Jones III The People's Poet

Feb 12, 2005
    Woodstock, NY
    Club:
    DC United
    Have you ever had to sit next to a crying baby on an airplane?

xtomx repped this.
  18. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh dear

19. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Not after I stuffed it into the drink cart and kicked the cart down the aisle. :eek:

20. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 6.13.04 PM.png

Mike03, Chesco United, superdave and 3 others repped this.
  21. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    Things are heating up on Kavanaugh especially now with this hot documovie a sell out at the Sundance Film Fest. Loud calls are being made now to the (snail speed) DOJ to move their asses.

‘I hope this triggers outrage’: surprise Brett Kavanaugh documentary premieres at Sundance

A secretly made documentary expanding on allegations of sexual assault against supreme court justice Brett Kavanaugh has premiered at this year’s Sundance film festival.

Justice, a last-minute addition to the schedule, aims to shine a light not only on the women who have accused Kavanaugh, a Donald Trump nominee, but also the failed FBI investigation into the allegations.
    “I do hope this triggers outrage,” said producer Amy Herdy in a Q&A after the premiere in Park City, Utah. “I do hope that this triggers action, I do hope that this triggers additional investigation with real subpoena powers

Lots more here:
    https://www.theguardian.com/film/2023/jan/21/brett-kavanaugh-documentary-sundance-film-festival

Mike03, Auriaprottu and xtomx repped this.
  22. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Well if there is some further investigating...highly doubtful...you can expect calls for Sotomayor to be investigated for stealing a Snickers bar from a Bronx bodega when she was 6.

23. usscouse

usscouse BigSoccer Supporter

May 3, 2002
    Orygun coast
    I would love to see this ass removed, I doubt it with this mob of Repugnants called the GQP.

Sign our petition: The Department of Justice and the Senate Judiciary Committee must immediately and thoroughly investigate these new allegations against Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Shocking new allegations against Supreme Court Justice Brett Kavanaugh underscore the need for immediate, independent, and thorough investigations into Kavanaugh’s alleged sexual misconduct and potential perjury and obstruction of a congressional proceeding.

On January 20, the documentary Justice premiered at the Sundance Film Festival. The film, by acclaimed director Doug Liman, includes important new details about specific allegations of sexual misconduct by Kavanaugh. It also reveals disturbing new evidence of misconduct by Kavanaugh and his associates surrounding Kavanaugh’s 2018 Senate confirmation hearings, including evidence that Kavanaugh may have knowingly perjured himself and that Kavanaugh’s associates engaged in what his friend referred to as “a cover-up.”

https://freespeechforpeople.org/tel...tee-to-investigate-new-kavanaugh-allegations/

Mike03, M and Auriaprottu repped this.
  24. ElNaranja

ElNaranja Member+

Houston Dynamo
    United States
    Jul 16, 2017
    I doubt they open an investigation. Even if they do, he'll never serve a day in jail, same as Individual One.

Auriaprottu repped this.
  25. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Twilight of the Elites or Elites in the Terror Twilight?