The US made the world suffer!

Discussion in 'Finance, Investing & Economy' started by forwhat-redded, Mar 2, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. forwhat-redded

forwhat-redded Red Card

Feb 11, 2009
    Club:
    West Michigan
    Economic crises around the world is caused by the Unisted States.

The US started sub-prime mortage loan and since sub-prime mortage loan were unable to handle to collect fund from debtors. And banks from around the world invested large anount of money but were unable to collect money too.

So, the whole economic recession began.
    The exchange rate of moeny with US Dollars got higher and people were not able to exchange money with US dollars.
    Manufacturers have great problems of purchasing raw material since they have to pay more money to purchase raw material.

It is because of that stupid sub-prime mortage loan, the whole world is having world economic crisis. The US should be fully responsible for the damage caused by themselves.

2. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So what should the US (YOU) do about it?

3. Ian Lozada

Ian Lozada Member

May 29, 2001
    The Pick Four Pool
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was sure this was going to be about Dane Cook's movie career.

4. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    I don't see what the problem is about the loans. After all, Patrick Ewing guaranteed them.

5. Matt in the Hat

Matt in the Hat Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 21, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He also guaranteed he'd beat the Rockets in '94

6. forwhat-redded

forwhat-redded Red Card

Feb 11, 2009
    Club:
    West Michigan
    You don't know? You seriously don't know?

Gosh!!!!!!!!

Of course the US government and US sub-prime mortage loaner should be fully responsible for that.
    Because of the US, there is economic crisis all over the world.
    The US made chain reaction.

Thus, the US should pay money to foreign banks to compensate for the damage.

7. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    The banks were under no obligation to buy mortgage backed securities. Why should they be compensated?

Also, I deleted two posts as they don't meet our board's standards. Actually, this whole thread doesn't, but it's kind of slow in here.

8. forwhat-redded

forwhat-redded Red Card

Feb 11, 2009
    Club:
    West Michigan
    It's the US government promoted so madly all over the world by not giving full details.
    The US intended to drag money from overseas and didn't care about the outcome.

In international practices, it is so obvious that compensation should be made.

9. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City

Since you're so sure of this, have you taken it upon yourself to pay up your fair share?

I would've but once I got past my irrational catholic guilt, I've come to notice an emerging picture that would point to others in the world actually causing the issues. After all, the US economy was doing fine long after it's own so-called housing "crisis" had been happening. Up until the last 3-4 months we were in arguably one of the shallowest recessions in US history. It's only during the last few months that things have dropped quickly to the point of being a average post WWII recession (with it's own unique set of problems; but still so far average). That after imports finally dropped off. That is despite it's problems the US economy was limping along until the rest of the world stopped buying our stuff.

I think if one takes an impartial look at banking crises in Ireland, Spain, Ireland, the baltics and others it's hard to see how the US was at all involved enough worth mentioning let alone the cause of them. The same with the problems Japan, Taiwan and others are encountering now.

10. forwhat-redded

forwhat-redded Red Card

Feb 11, 2009
    Club:
    West Michigan

Why do I hear all kinds of irrelevant excuses? Can you be just honest to yourself? Or you seriously don't know what is going on around the world?

11. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    OK I'm closing this thread. The OP isn't interested in debate or analysis. This is Politics-forum level trolling.