The Upcoming Coach???

Discussion in 'Olympique de Marseille' started by om4ever, Jun 2, 2005.

1. om4ever

om4ever New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    Droit Au But
    The french press proposes three names to take over as l'OM coming coach: Jean Fernandez, Guy Lacombe and Bruno Metsu.

Jean Fernandez already met Robert Louis-Dreyfus and Louis Acariès on Tuesday, 2nd of June.

In my opinion, I prefer to recruit Guy Lacombe.

Which one you would like to choose?

2. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I think Jean Fernandez is a cool choice on a coaching perspective but will he cope with the OM specificities ?

3. jppp

jppp Member

Jul 3, 2003
    DC
    Club:
    DC United

Who is the last coach to last more than two years at Marseille ? I can't get to into who the next coach will be because, I 'm sure he will be gone after a year and a half.

4. Nanbawan

Nanbawan Member

Jun 11, 2004
    Haute Bretagne
    Club:
    Stade Rennais FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    That's why I hope they'll have the courage to go for some stability unless the club is on the verge of relegation, of course. Otherwise, they won't achieve anything valuable.

5. om4ever

om4ever New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    Droit Au But
    The problem of l'OM is not with coaches. It's with the quality of our players. The sporting directors of l'OM usually come up with terrible choises when they recruit new players.

Stability is also another problem. l'OM keep changing players over seasons. 60% of the current team won't be available next season.

6. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    right and wrong om4ever. OM has some good players, they're not the problem. it's the management of the club that's a disaster. on OMnet there's no end of criticism of aulas, they even come over to olweb to rag about him... i don't think marseille would recognize good management if it crawled up and bit them on the...

when maxifoot or someone started the PLG to OM rumor, the joke was that le guen would have to give up his idea of three year cycles and adapt to three month cycles. :D

7. om4ever

om4ever New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    Droit Au But
    It's official now

Jean Fernandez has signed a two-year contract with l'OM today.

Ribery may join l'OM

According to l'equipe site, Franck Ribery was Tuesday with the head office of the OM to negotiate its arrival.

8. jppp

jppp Member

Jul 3, 2003
    DC
    Club:
    DC United

WHo is Ribery ? Is he good ?

9. Rima067

Rima067 New Member

May 10, 2004
    Can someone tell me more on Jean Fernandez.

Is he a good choice?

10. om4ever

om4ever New Member

Apr 16, 2004
    Droit Au But
    Ribery officialLY joined l'OM

Franck Ribéry has signed a four-year contract with l'OM coming from turkish club Galatasaray.

Date of Birth: 7 April 1983

Previous Clubs:
    * Boulogne-sur-mer (Nat, 2001-2002)
    * Alès (Nat, 2002-2003)
    * Brest (Nat, 2003-2004)
    * Metz (L1, juin 2004-janvier 2005)
    * Galatasaray (TUR, janvier 2005-juin 2005)