The Unit (Season 3) [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Goodsport, Sep 12, 2007.

1. PhillyQuakesFan

PhillyQuakesFan New Member

Jun 25, 2007
    Delaware County, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad I could help. :cool:

-G

3. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It turns out that the Justice Department officer that accompanied Brown was played by former Ultimate Fighting Championship title holder Randy Couture, while Lila Lee (the unruly diva) was played by American Idol Season 4 Top Twelve finalist Mikalah Gordon.

-G

4. springwinter

springwinter New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    I certainly did not see that coming!

5. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Me neither (neither Hector Williams getting killed nor the LA Galaxy David Beckham poster on that boy's bedroom wall in Beirut). :(

-G

6. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Though it does seem like Colonel Ryan's affair with Tiffy will remain secret... for now. :eek:

-G

7. springwinter

springwinter New Member

Jan 13, 2005
    Maybe Ryan took the shot. I missed the poster.

8. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just wait until the rest of the Unit finds out. :eek:

It seems that MLS' influence is subtly making its way onto mainstream American TV shows, such as Victoria Beckham's guest appearance on this week's upcoming episode of Ugly Betty. :D

Unfortunate timing considering the writers' strike, though. :(

-G

9. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The fact that Williams suddenly became the focus of two episodes lead the thought to cross my mind that he might be the one to get axed, but when they got into the truck I thought to myself "maybe Col. Ryan gets hit by a car back in the states in the last 60 seconds."

10. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Great episode. Lots of action, even from the ladies. I certainly did not expect the ending. I was up out of my chair shouting, "ohmygod!" It was the first episode in quite some time that had the whole team on the same mission.

11. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Judging by the preview, it seems that Jonas will return to exact revenge for Williams' death (I guess he somehow finds out who the sniper was).

It'll be interesting to see if any of the other Unit members will join him and, if so, which one(s).

Also of interest is who will replace Williams in the Unit.

-G

12. BioChemist13

BioChemist13 New Member

Jul 7, 2002
    Chicago
    A very emotional episode, especially at the end during the roll call at the service for Williams.

13. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Definitely, and it's also sobering to know that each soldier carries his/her own body bag (I'd read that somewhere before, but had since forgotten about it until watching this episode).

The preview for next week's episode didn't make it very clear what it's gonna be about, but it seems that it might have something to do with Colonel Ryan and Mack. :eek:

-G

14. zman31

zman31 Member+

May 5, 1999
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sitting home alone, crying for the last 20 minutes of a tv show. That was some good stuff.

15. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That sucked. And that's a compliment.

16. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Interesting episode this week with the Unit infiltrating a gang in an army division that sells stolen weapons and explosives, and Colonel Ryan and Mack getting revenge on a group of college football players who sent Tiffy to the hospital.

Unfortunately, Mack seems to now know (as of the end of the episode) that there's something going on between Ryan and Tiffy. :eek:

Next week: Bob seems ethically distracted from a sniper mission, apparently causing problems in the process.

-G

17. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A good but somewhat intentionally (by the writers) disconcerting episode involving both Brown being haunted by the memories of those he's killed and a search by the wives into obtaining Molly's 1980 high school graduation picture that leads to the tragic revelation of her family hiding from her murderous (albeit imprisoned, for now) father. :eek:

There doesn't appear to be a new episode next week. This seems to have been the last filmed episode before the writers' strike and thus may be the "season finale", though it didn't really seem like one.

-G

18. Foosinho

Foosinho New Member

Jan 11, 1999
    New Albany, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I was sitting there thinking "why the hell is Tiffy volunteering all this information? It's not relevant to the question she wants to ask! What an idiot!" And shonuff....

19. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There are those who know how to effectively interrogate, and then there's Tiffy. :eek:

-G

20. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There appears to be a new episode coming on Tuesday, December 18 after all. :cool:

-G

21. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another interesting episode involving Jonas on an undercover mission in London alongside on old MI5 friend (who's wife is also Jonas' ex-fiancee) to intercept the sale of some uranium by a Russian scientist to a terrorist, with Colonal Ryan's ex-wife manipulating Jonas to turn on the MI5 friend who she suspected of being in league with the scientist.

Also of note was radio show host Kim trying to help a suicidal army wife, and Grey reluctantly getting back with Annie despite feelings of guilt considering that she was dating the late Hector.

Next week's episode will be a repeat and there's been no indication of whether or not this was the final pre-Writers' Strike episode. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see.

-G

22. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States