The unbearably self-congratulatory, pre-ejaculatory "Scoreboard!" thread

Discussion in 'Elections' started by GringoTex, Nov 1, 2004.

1. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, it's a start. If we can accept the process we can begin to work within its framework for what we personally believe in while accepting the inevitable reality that sometimes in a democracy other points of view may prevail.

2. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This civility and unity was handed to Bush on a silver platter on Sept. 11, 2001. Look what he did with it. To imply that the onus is on Democrats to resurrect it again is bizarre.

3. spejic

spejic Cautionary example

Mar 1, 1999
    San Rafael, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    As the old wives' tale goes, when you put a lobster into a pot of cold water and slowly turn the heat up, he does not struggle but instead sits there until he dies. That is what has been happening to America for a long while. You want to uphold your liberal ideals? You want people to understand what is really important? I think the only way to do it is to give America a shock of the hot water it is in and get them to revolt. Recall what Jefferson said about the Tree of Liberty.

I believe in four years' time, this election will prove to be the best thing to happen to the liberal movement, and the worst thing to happen to the Republican party.

4. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Such was not implied, at least not by me. I say it is incumbent on all of us. The onus is on everybody who cares about the United States of America. The president made some mistakes, but his opponents also played their part in dividing the country. Both sides have some fault, and it is incumbent on all of us to remember that we are all living in this beautiful country together.

********, did I just post that? Well, I did have a few beers over the course of the long evening, but still, I know I am right about this. We all should get along. Now ******** off.

5. Attacking Minded

Attacking Minded New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Look on the bright side. GWB won't be president four years from now.

6. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    How do you feel about his brother?

7. dawgpound2

dawgpound2 Member

Mar 3, 2001
    Los Angeles, CA
    Spejic,

I would agree with this sentiment if you change "liberal" to "democrats". I suspect the democrats are gonna purge themselves of the liberals and go hard back to the center.

Could pay off for them.

8. Beerking

Beerking Member+

Nov 14, 2000
    Humboldt County

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! To celebrate I'm going to go out and buy another gun or two. All you liberal freaks please feel free to continue suffering and/or move out of the country. I'll pack your bags for you.

9. Attacking Minded

Attacking Minded New Member

Jun 22, 2002
    You mean the smarter Bush boy?

10. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that this thread's existence sums up in a nutshell how GT has ended up with Mike Segroves' choice of avatar for the past few years.

11. GringoTex

GringoTex Member

Aug 22, 2001
    1301 miles de Texas
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    We're doubling down on the OU-A&M. I've got the A&M beats OU/OU breaks McNeal's leg exacta.

12. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    My guess is, if all Americans had gotten the opportunity to read all the crap that GringoTex posted, President Bush would have won in a landslide.

:D

13. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    I really hope we can keep this thread open for the next four years.

Last night, Al Hunt on Capitol Gang was saying it was impossible for the Dems to get anywhere near re-taking the Senate in the 2006 mid-terms considering the seats that were up. I don't have a list, but if an old-time liberal like Hunt is writing '06 off, I'll take his word for it. Not to mention the likes of Sen. Chris Dodd getting ready to jump ship and run for governor because he sees no light at the end of the tunnel.

I was also heartened to read this past week that the Reps will be targeting certain states for the gay marriage initiative in both 2006 and 2008. I believe it's wonderful that the Republicans are going out of their way to put this issue up for what essentially is a national referendum so we may all eventually get to express our opinions on the matter.

Dermocrats should be delighted. Democracy in action!

14. ElJefe

ElJefe Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 16, 1999
    Colorful Colorado
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Enjoy the avatar.

15. chad

chad Member+

Jun 24, 1999
    Manhattan Beach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sweet, you finally get to fulfill your fantasy of watching him give Kreis a lewinsky?

What a lovely tea party.

:D

edit: damn the big smiley icon looks like Segroves in his byline.

16. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Damn! The gayinas are on a roll.

17. USAsoccer

USAsoccer Member

Jul 15, 1999