Review: The U15, U16, U17, U18, U19, PT And Young Orange Team - Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, May 4, 2012.

1. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Can't find a stream. They go for the other game.

2. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

Netherlands win with 1-0 and that means:

[​IMG]

Top the group after all 3 games. I watched the game against Japan. Impressed that game with Ajax player Lukoki. Still sad I could not see this game. NOS should do some better things with people's tax money.

:thumbsup:

3. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    This was the game against Japan:

Question to the Ajax fans:

How is Lukoki seen in the club? High potential? Another blind horse with speed? Something in between? Not able predict or say something about?

Why has he not been in more Ajax games?

He has been good this tournament.

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Back in the USA from two wonderful weeks in Italy! Lukoki is a bit of an enigma. He may be the fastest winger Ajax have had but he's a bit unpolished. Part of the problem is his youth and he hasn't had a lot of first team matches to date, mostly filling in for players who are injured. Sulejmani is the first choice on the right side which is Lukoki's natural position and Ozbiliz was usually the number two choice at that position and Ebecillio can also fill in on the right. I think Lukoki can progress to a higher level but the club will have to have some patience. There is talk of Sulejmani extending his contract and that Narsingh may return to Ajax. If both of these take place , it will be difficult for him to stay on.

5. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well if that all happens, he will be like 1,2,3,4 ... 4th maybe even 5th choice on the wing? Then he needs to go for a year to another club. Lend him out at RKC or another club and see what will happen. He obviously needs minutes.

On another note, good to hear Italy was a well spend vacation.

6. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    One thing to clear up. The Dutch team in Toulon is not the Dutch U21/Young Orange team. It is the prospects team or aspires team as I also have seen them been called here. There is also something weird going on. While our kids are all under 21, the opponent teams are in many cases older. There are quite some under 23 teams that also go to the Olympics. Not sure why Netherlands is not going to that tournament. Probably a Cor Pot blooper again.

Anyway, does anybody think the aspires team has any quality players for the senior NT? I also liked Ricky van Haaren, but that player does not even get a contract extension at Feyenoord. Kieftenbelt is at Groningen and does not jump out in the Eredivisie competition for me. Berghuis not able to make ot at Twente. Foor was mentioned in a program recently, but I don't know.

The games are fun to watch nevertheless.

7. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Blind horse with speed and no technique imo

8. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    There's some talent in there being unearthed, especially now that they're sparring with people their age. We just have to hope that they don't get blinded by the limelight a la Babel and Drenthe. I've already mentioned it before, but I think Koster (should be our Jong Oranje coach and not maakt-er-een-Potje-van if you ask me) can win this Toulon tournament. I'm impressed with Alberg, he's from Hoorn apparently so another one that have slipped under Ajax radar.

Kind of a shame that Ebecilio and Castaignos have pulled out because of (feigned?) injury. Imagine Lukoki - Castaignos - Ebecilio upfront, now that would've been something!

9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Somewhat fair evaluation and the big question is whether he can get his head into the game. If so he will be a big talent. It may be as DRB says, a year out on loan will clarify whether he has the "right stuff."

10. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

This was the only goal in the Turkey game.

Today there were some more matches and so we know the semi finalists in the Toulon tournament:

[​IMG]

• Netherlands vs Mexico
    • France vs Turkey
    I by the way saw the captain of Turkey headbutting the ref. Seriously. That guy should be stripped from representing them and kicked out of the tournament.

Netherlands will play Mexico this Wednesday. Their team is actually in preparation for the Olympics and is a U23 team.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Our U21 team just keeps under performing under Cor Pot. After losing against Macedonia last week, two days ago they couldn't score again, this time against Ukraine which ended in 0-0 in preperation for the two upcoming games:

[​IMG]

I added Scotland to show no goals where made by Netherlands in that game as well :rolleyes:. In 4 days they will play Luxembourg and 4 days after that they will play Bulgaria.

The current table:

[​IMG]

Naturally I agree with HSS, that our U21 should be lead by Koster. Everything is better than Cor Pot. However I thought I picked up that Koster will go to Beerschot next season.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And finally maybe the flagship of the current youth teams, the U19 is cruising through qualification:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is where Chris David is in, where Neeskens talked about from here club. Manu where FSF talked about. Rekik, Ebecilio who Bariputra has mentioned as future box to box prospect, Depay the PSV prodigy and quite some more. I'm sure HSS has something to say about the Ajax players in it.

Hope they can do the same as this years U17 team, but with better football in the groups stage of the final round.

11. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    So to put the Orange Data in a nice overview:

Dutch senior team:

[​IMG]

Dutch Under 21:

[​IMG]

Dutch Under 19:

[​IMG]

Dutch Aspire Team:

[​IMG]

• So this Wednesday 3 games (U19, Aspire Team, ST (Senior Team)), this Friday 1 game (U21), this Saturday 1 game (ST), next Tuesday 1 game (U21) and after that it's D-day Denmark and Euro 2012 has begun.
    Club season is over, enough Orange action :thumbsup:

12. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I really want to watch next U19 game, but it's not on TV. :( It looks like Fifa is not even filming it..

13. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm afraid you are right, England-Switzerland U19 does get broadcasted of course.

14. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Chris David is on the brinks of joining Ajax if rumours are to be believed. He still supports Ajax (like Vlaar lol) and isn't happy at Twente apparently.

U19's are awesome. It's good to see Boccara and Botaka in action and starting. Locadia is another great addition for PSV (joined last season), has a keen eye on goal.

15. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ilan Boccara was apparently never called up by the Franch team because he didn't fit the physical profile sought by the French (Ilan is 180cm, 70 kg). It's apparently forbidden to be anything shorter than 185 in the French team. But the Dutch u19 coach saw him at PSG youth and asked him to play for Orange because he thought Ilan had good technique.

I dont know how good he is (As I have never seen him play), but I really want to see him play against the team that turned him down! :D

Why is no one covering this game..

16. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Have other games from U19 in Elite round been broadcasted?

17. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Can you (shortly) touch on the (less) known Ajax players in this team HSS?

[​IMG]

18. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No. none..

19. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    This U19 side would've probably played with an all Ajax defence had Denswil not pulled out. The Ajax A1 defenders are pretty highly rated and have all signed current extensions.

I don't think Lesley de Sa is in the squad right now (neither is Klaassen), but he was awarded midfield player and overall player of the tournament during last years Gestion Copa Amsterdam (AFC Ajax, Olympique Marseille, Cruzeiro, RSC Anderlecht, AS Trenčín, Tottenham Hotspur, Borussia Dortmund, Botafogo FR).. His contract is until 2016, so looks like Ajax has a lot of faith in him.

Bouy is a future Oranje candidate and my favourite player in the squad. Fernando Lewis is also not in this current squad due to a severe injury, but he's ex-Ajax and has already made his debut for AZ.

DRB300 repped this.
  20. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Also, Ricardo Kishna would have probably been in the squad had he not suffered a severe knee injury last year. He's still rehabbing and is a real talent if he can come back from the injury.

21. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It's 1-0 for the French at U19 with 22 minutes played.

22. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    2-0 for France U19 :unsure:

23. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Red card for Boccara :thumbsup: :poop:

24. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Boccara is that French kid isn't he?

I think he was to eager to prove himself against his country he was raised. Maybe compared with a feeling that France started better? Obviously can't see the images. Must have ticked him off.

Don't see Netherlands making 2-2 with 10 men.

25. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    2-0 first half over.