Review: The U15, U16, U17, U18, U19, PT And Young Orange Team - Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, May 4, 2012.

1. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Hendrix said in an interview that they wanted to play though, but it was Poland who started playing negative so in the end dynamics of the game went that route instead.

The hosts were the worst team in the tournament so everybody already knew that Belgium would win with big numbers. If Oranje went out knowing that they could've easily played for a draw others will perceive this team as ignorant and Fey will say something smart about there's too much Ajax and PSV players in this side. :p

I've already pointed out before the game that this 0 - 0 will happen, it's common sense. Nothing to do with Stuivenberg or TV exposure since coverage like this has been around for a while. The players wanted to go through and played so accordingly, but let's not forget that Poland also played a big role in this. TV or Internet didn't change the way they play, decades ago they would've done the same.

I think most of us tend to overrate our youth and wants to see them overwhelm the opponents, but when has this ever been the case? It didn't happen then, but it does occasionally happen now and you know what.. we even started to win things for a change. :)

2. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Queensy Menig is the most dangerous player on the pitch.. by far! And the commentators are right lol, van den Boomen should see more play time why he's on the bench is everybodies guess. I knew I remembered their voices somehow, they were the ones that also did the Future Cup. :laugh:

3. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  4. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Where is the penetration and creativity?

5. nve2k

nve2k Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Does anybody have a good stream for the game?

6. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    nve2k repped this.
  7. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No dynamics, no imagination.

8. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    We score from a cross and a header.

9. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Second goal from a turnover, counter, attacker loses ball, Vilhena behind him picks it up and passes to Haye who had a excellent first touch (was a hard pass) and scores. Was a much better goal than the first one IMO.

10. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  11. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    We kept calling for Acolatse to come on and he only brought him for with 10 minutes left ugh. I'm glad Stuivenberg finally made that substitution though, Acolatse is so much better than Lumu it's not even funny. Changed the game when he came on once we finally had pace on both wings.

All those passes back to the defenders were really frustrating to watch especially in a game like this and against 10 men. Looks like Albert and Bert just really are typical Feyenoord coaches. :p

If he starts both Acolatse and Menig in the final then maybe we might see some goals or else it has 0 - 0 written all over it knowing that Germany has a clean sheet throughout the tournament. And once again, we want to see more of van den Boomen s'il vous plait Stuivenberg!

12. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Assist post :thumbsup:

13. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    As long as we instill style over winning mentality, Oranje will continue to disappoint for the rest of our lifetimes.

14. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    It's not just the lack of winning mentality, but the classic dutch arrogance..

"We can beat them in football"
    Why the F*CK would you assume your opponent want to play pretty football in the first place?
    The dutch U17 are titel defenders.. our opponents sh*t bricks when they see the orange jersey. What did you guys expect!?

Having said that, I am going to watch the final, because Germany is the only team that actually has the balls to play football against us. Should be fun!

15. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    As long as you insist that Dutch football is a matter of style over substance you will never understand the philosophy of Dutch field play. It's a matter of developing technique, tactics and players as much as it is about winning. Frankly, I don't understand how a person could even think such things when teams like Barça and Spain win everything there is with offensive, possession-based football, that has evolved from this condemned Dutch football "style", in the process conceding fewer goals than any other teams.

If we're able to disappoint, at least we try.

16. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I'm not talking about excluding all those things you mentioned. It's what I grew up myself as I started with the F-jes when I was 6 years old. The Dutch mentality misses a winning mentality, however. It's not something that is completely separate of the Dutch way of playing but it can be completely complementary to the way we play.

Let it be noted that Barca hasn't won anything this season. I was 1 year old when Oranje last won something. You can be content with looking good and not winning but I am not.

17. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Final day people. This German side is one of their best ever or so. Good. Means the Dutch boys will learn. Hup Holland.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    i just checked and none of the 8 sports channels in or Rome hotel room are carrying the match

19. nve2k

nve2k Member

Jun 19, 2004
    Menig hit the upright and it looked like the ball crossed the line.

20. curbo

curbo Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    Incredibly close anyway, very good play/shot and its a delight to watch so far.

21. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ball crossed the line.. should be 1-0
    The kids are playing good football btw..

22. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    Try oleoletv or firstrow.

I agree with nve2k, that was a goal from Queensy Menig, he's the most dangerous player once again. I'm watching the English feed since the Dutch commentator can only recognize a few players like Ake lol.

23. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Could not watch the first half.

Stats so far:

[​IMG]

24. DRB300

DRB300 Member+

Sep 21, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Dutch right winger didn't track back there.

25. he so scrumptiouz

Jun 1, 2006
    amsterdam
    They've scored, our defenders didn't even bother to jump lol.

Please bring Acolatse on and play Menig in the middle.