Review: The U15, U16, U17, U18, U19, PT And Young Orange Team - Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, May 4, 2012.

1. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Brazil comes back after conceding two and win 3-2. Both these teams have excellent players. Probably good Dutch didn't advance, they would not do well against Brazil.

2. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    Poor display all around from Oranje u17 today. Too many wasted chances and no game plan/coordination in general. Taylor was badly missed. Both Braaf and Unuvar are such an enigma in the 3,5 matches I've watched during this tourney. I failed to see the hype surrounding them. Neither was a difference maker. Braaf had some crafty skills, but lacks of footballing IQ. Unuvar was too often too invisible, and he seems physically struggling (being as small as he is). He's one of the youngest squad member, so he's definitely got some growing to do.

If there's anything positive to take home, well... this team was dead in the water not too long ago. 2 losses in first two matches with -5 GD. The perseverance and ability to get results in midst of adversity (3 consecutive wins en route to SF) were quite admirable for 16-17 y.o kids. Hopefully this comeback experience will serve them well in the future!!!

In a more uplifting news, Oranje u21 with a simple 6-0 win today vs. minnow Gilbraltar. 4 wins in a row, top of the table in u21 Euro qualification.

3. gabrielguilarte

Feb 23, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Funny thing is how we were crying for Dest and Zeefuik is miles better than him lmao.

4. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I don't know why Ajax gave up on him so soon. He seems to be doing well at Groningen.

Regarding Unuvar, I hope his poor performance in the U-17 WC is just a result of being a little too young for this competition. One of the things that worried me was he was not quicker than some of the players he was up against. I also think he was wasted out on the left wing in the first two matches of the tournament. He has been good at the youth levels at Ajax, playing above his age group. However, I don't think he has the same qualities as Nouri did at a comparable age. I also hope he is never in contention for the Freddy Adu award.

5. gabrielguilarte

Feb 23, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I think when he was at Ajax he wasn’t good defending. I remember him doing a lot of silly mistakes. Now they guy just looks super solid. Reminds me a little bit Maicon and he is definitely smarter than Dumfries and has more flair.

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He got some starts but it was clear that Mazraoui was a better RB. I believe he was loaned out before Veltman was injured in 2018 so Ajax had two potential RBs above him.

7. BaritoPutra

BaritoPutra Member+

Jan 26, 2007
    BTW - who is the reigning holder for Freddy Adu award? I think I voted for Drenthe... I remembered there were some good call-outs.

Back to Unuvar… first came to mind was Ismael Aissati. He too played 2-3 years above his level. Showed a lot of promises early on, very hyped - got a lot people excited. Quite technical. Seemed like a decent and likeable fella. But always too small for the game. Injuries got the best of him. Never quite made it in the end and became a journeyman.

Pretty sure Unuvar can and will do better... the question is by how much. The good news is the other talents around Unuvar (those born 2002-03) are just ridiculously good. Perhaps best generation since b. 1997 (Frenkie, Bergwijn, Appie, Donny, Neres, etc.)? I think having close friends/rivals will help motivate and push Unuvar far.

8. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I think you guys are being too harsh on our U17. They totally outplayed Mexico, the ball just wouldnt drop.

It reminds of that famous saying, goals wins fans but defense wins tournaments

9. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    When you lose to an inferior team criticism is ok

Brilliant Dutch repped this.
  10. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    #4185 Brilliant Dutch, Nov 16, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2019
    As soon as we hit that crossbar, I knew we werent gonna win this one!!!

It is typical Dutch, we always finish SECOND!!!

11. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  12. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    I hate you right now!!

13. ??

14. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Never mind, I'm drunk.

Too many Jenevers

15. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Game was not telecast in the US and the Dutch U-17s fall to France 3-1. French striker with a hat trick.

16. gabrielguilarte

Feb 23, 2016
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    I saw it through fubo tv. Wasn’t impressed at all with the Dutch team. Unuvar had an average game. Taylor looks like another Strootman not a DeJong. Matsen I liked him and Hansen. The GK I thought it was good. Nothing special from Hoever either.

17. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Netherlands are quite talented at that u17 level, though missing Gravenberch and Ihattaren is obviously a big miss given they're two of the best u17 players in the world.

With that said, as is normal, only a few are likely to make it at the top, top level. For me the most likely are Hansen, Maatsen, Rensch and Unuvar. I think Taylor, Salah-Eddine and Bogarde have good shots of being solid but unspectacular professionals as well.

18. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^In addition, Heitinga is really not a very good manager. I honestly don't see much of a future for him, certainly not at Ajax.

19. Yeah, right mr Braaf
    https://www.voetbalprimeur.nl/nieuw...niet-goed-behandeld-ik-was-er-klaar-mee-.html
    [​IMG]

Oranje-talent Braaf: 'PSV heeft mij niet goed behandeld, ik was er klaar mee'

Gepubliceerd: zaterdag 2 november 2019 om 14:12

Jayden Braaf is momenteel het Oranje actief op het jeugd-WK in Brazilië, maar timmert in het dagelijks leven aan de weg bij Manchester City. De zeventienjarige Amsterdammer heeft het uitstekend naar zijn zin bij The Citizens, die hem vorig jaar overnamen van PSV.

20. I already got that impression after the hooligans invitation to the Ajax-Feyenoord U19 match.

Orange14 repped this.
  21. Another two red cards for Ajax U19. Are there enough players left to fill the team?
    https://www.ad.nl/nederlands-voetba...rie-rode-kaarten-in-mini-klassieker~a0090cdf/
    Winst voor Ajax O19 en drie rode kaarten in mini-Klassieker

Geen saaie mini-Klassieker in de Kuip. Het hoogste juniorenteam van Ajax versloeg de leeftijdgenoten van Feyenoord met 3-0 in een duel waarin drie rode kaarten vielen.

Sportredactie 07-12-19, 16:56 Laatste update: 16:59

22. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    ^^Didn't help the Feyenoord U-19s as they couldn't score. Ajax also were missing both central defenders because of injury!!!

23. PuckVanHeel

PuckVanHeel BigSoccer Yellow Card

Oct 4, 2011
    Club:
    Feyenoord
    gabrielguilarte repped this.