Review: The U15, U16, U17, U18, U19, PT And Young Orange Team - Thread

Discussion in 'The Netherlands' started by DRB300, May 4, 2012.

1. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Who is this dutch kido playing for Swansea u23. Tom plezier.

2. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    #3278 wilson00, Oct 13, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2016
    Did anyone watch cyprus and jong orange. Jus interested in Ake performance after he came on for Riedewald.

3. WAALWIJK - Tom Plezier (19) vertrekt na een jaar opleiding bij Brabant United, de gezamenlijke jeugdopleiding van RKC Waalwijk en FC Den Bosch, naar Engeland. De linkervleugelspeler uit Leiden tekende een contract voor twee seizoenen bij Swansea City.

Plezier, afkomstig van Alphense Boys, kreeg eerder te horen dat er geen toekomst meer was voor hem bij Brabant United, Zowel FC Den Bosch als RKC Waalwijk zagen het niet zitten in de snelle voetballer. Zijn zaakwaarnemer Greg Gorre bracht hem vervolgens naar de club uit de Engelse Premier League.

Directeur Remco Oversier van RKC noemt de overstap 'niet verbazend'. "Op basis van zijn snelheid en actie kan hij positief opvallen als hij bij een club op proefstage gaat. Ik ken hem niet zo goed, maar Plezier is uitvoerig door mensen van RKC en FC Den Bosch bekeken. Met Arnold Scholten, het hoofd van de opleiding, is geregeld overleg geweest. Hij is niet goed genoeg bevonden."

RKC en FC Den Bosch hebben uiteindelijk nog wel een vergoedingssom van 5000 euro bedongen voor Plezier.Bovendien maakt Swansea City 25.000 euro over als Plezier in het eerste team zou debuteren. Dat bedrag moet dan verdeeld worden over RKC, FC Den Bosch en Brabant United.

Bron: Brabants Dagblad

Maybe he turns into a "Vincent Janssen" kind of surprise

4. gabriel_guilarte

Aug 16, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Forget about all the other strikers.
    Lammers is the real deal.

5. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Well Kaj Serhuis is scoring goals in the Ajax youth teams like there is no tomorrow. He'll probably move up to Jong Ajax at some point because they don't have a striker on the squad since Dolberg moved to the senior team. I don't put much faith in scoring records at the youth level. Too many have ended up as disappointments.

6. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Nouri was just named best player in the Jupiter league for the first period ahead of Sam Lammers and a couple of other players. I hope he gets time with the Ajax first team. I think he can partner just fine with Ziyech (Please Somebody come in and buy Klaassen).

7. gabriel_guilarte

Aug 16, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Could this be possible?
    the news robben (bergwijn) sneijder (nouri) and van persie (lammers)?

8. thatkid

thatkid Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Netherlands
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    No.

The other two, potentially yes.

Oranje98 repped this.
  9. gabriel_guilarte

Aug 16, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Ok, thanks!!

10. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Bergwijn and Nouri with Janssen could provide a really interesting look for our NT. Janssen especially I think is kind of unlike a lot of our past strikers in his hold up play and ability to involve his teammates from it. Maybe I'm just being forgetful but I can't think of anyone that played in a similar fashion to him.

I really think in say 3 years or so, if Promes and Janssen continue to improve and Bergwijn and Nouri keep on their current courses we could have one of the most feared attacking units in the world. Nouri playing our creative midfielder behind two wide forwards in Promes and Bergwijn with Janssen as our centreforward.

Orange14 repped this.
  11. Mr.S

Mr.S Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I think Jr. Kluivert is a potentially top RW coming up. Van de Beek is also a very good CM IMO, I am not counting out Ramselaar at CAM & Riedewald, Bazoer etc should also be not given up upon.

The key is to give these players a consistent set of chances & have a coach who utilizes them well & believes in them!

It is sad what is happening with Nouri. He will be 20 this year, he needs to play regularly - Even when Ziyech isn't playing Nouri is not getting a chance!

Sam Lammers has Luuk & Locadia ahead of him & maybe Siem who is in loan. It will be very hard for him to break into. Maybe if he was a winger, it would be easier!

I also don't believe we will have another Robben in the near future. We also look at talents & say ohh this will be Future X or Y. Have we ever had a Cryuff? or a Van Basten? The level of Jupiter League & U-17, U-19 etc is very moderate at best. It is kindergarden level - There is no confirmation that someone who was good in kindergarden will automatically be good in the long term!

12. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Sitting around waiting for the next superstar is a fool's errand and only disappointment will come. I would settle for a new Johnny Rep or Robbie Resenbrink for a front line player. Both players were extremely good but overshadowed by Cruyff.

13. wilson00

wilson00 Member

Oct 14, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    On a sad note some of the players who will not be eligible to play for u21s will be lost come after this season given the ongoing preference,when they should be the heir to the senior team. Ake,Rekik,Luckassen,Hateboer,overeem,Krishna, El Ghazi.Hoedt,boetius,Vilhnea.this is how ********ed the transition will be.

14. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    I don't think that 'waiting' for the next superstar is really a problem. If anything the Dutch have always been blessed in that regard. Lenstra, Rijvers, Wilkes, Cruyff, Neeskens, van Basten, Gullit, Bergkamp, Rijkaard, Sneijder, Robben etc. that leaves out a lot of really top names as well. Sure there have been a few down periods but I'd say the Netherlands have almost been more lucky than any other country in this regard. I have no doubt that at least one of Nouri or Bergwijn will become a true world class player, though I'm hoping for both.

The thing is that you don't need to build a team with superstars to really win. The Portugal team that just won the Euro was not led by superstars. Even Ronaldo, who is past his peak, didn't play much in the final game. It's much more important to have a team that works in unison or that complements the other players on the team. Obviously having a superstar helps, but the collective is more important. Just look at how LvG had us playing in the WC14...it was not beautiful, it was not typical Dutch football, but it was built well for the players we had and if not for a ridiculous defensive performance from Mascherano I'm convinced we'd have won that WC.

15. DrFootball1

DrFootball1 Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Brussels
    Club:
    Atletico Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Poland
    Fantastic performance by Sam Lammers vs Bayern in UYL. I love this kid.

16. Frysk Bloed

Frysk Bloed Member

Sep 6, 2014
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Every time I've seen Kaj Sierhuis I've been impressed. Hope he keeps it up.

Phenomenal goal.

17. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    He scores lots of goals. Will he continue to do so as he moves up to a higher level? It looks like the Ajax youth team will advance to the next round as they have an insurmountable lead right now with the match in the 2nd half.

18. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Orange14 repped this.
  19. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Ajax A-1 draw PAOK Salonika in the next qualifying round.

20. Brilliant Dutch

Brilliant Dutch Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Oct 14, 2013
    Amsterdam, Holland
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
  21. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Look at Antonucci's goal, it's also a first class shot. Maybe this Icelandic club isn't very good but the Ajax A1 team shows a lot of promise. We'll see how far they advance in the tournament. One more qualifier to win.

22. gabriel_guilarte

Aug 16, 2014
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    What really strikes me about Sierhuis is how strong he looks for his age. I mean he looks so powerful, when I see him he reminds me a little bit of Janssen, but he seems to be better to me.
    What do you guys think?

23. Orange14

Orange14 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 27, 2007
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    As I noted earlier, Serhuis scored an insane number of goals for the B1 team last year. He is very strong and is good inside the penalty box. He's 1.8m tall which is a touch on the short side for a striker. Right now Jong Ajax do not have a striker as Dolberg, who was scheduled to be the Jong striker, starts for the first team. Cassiera has been playing there but he's the only true striker. I'm not sure it's wise to move Serhuis up right now but maybe after winter break??

I don't remember any youth striker at Ajax who has put up these kinds of goals and a number of them have been spectacular.

gabriel_guilarte repped this.