The U.S. U-19 Program (2022 season)

Discussion in 'Youth National Teams' started by EXALIFTIN, Apr 5, 2022.

1. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Two more headed goals from Neri.

ielag, SCSAutism, butters59 and 3 others repped this.
  2. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Again, I was only providing information for the purpose of people formulating their own opinion FROM the information. There was no single link. I literally looked up each player individually. If you do so, you will confirm that my post is correct.

Winoman repped this.
  3. ussoccer97531, Pl@ymaker and Winoman repped this.
  4. Master O

Master O Member+

Jul 7, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Søccer's Cøming Høme!

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  5. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    #130 SUDano, Jun 9, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2022
    Now the letter team thing emerges it's head. Post all the lineups with Birthdates and we can figure it out if you really want to find excuses. Simple search (actually not so simple) finds the first 3 starters I looked up for Norway vs Netherlands on 6/4/22 is Fiabema is a 2003, Gullickson is a 2003 and Hanson 2004 for a true U19 official tournament. You can call a tournament anything but there is an agreed upon cut off years for exhibitions no matter the name of the tournament. I've seen so called U17 tournament with cut off dates for 16 and 15 yr olds. We should all know this. These 2xexhibition games are for 2004 and 2005's not 2003 for a true U19 tournament. If we did we would be playing Ricardo Pepi and alot of MLS players too...It's not their U19 B team it IS a 2005 team. It's not a true U19 tournament or 2003s would be involved. Its really a U18 tournament. The US team is not all their best 2004/5 either. So please stop with the mis information or guesswork.
    Either post lineups with birthdates or don't speculate. You were incorrect. Both teams were playing with the same rules, age cutoffs and we won 3-0. That's it.

6. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    That's why I said not your post. In the name of true informational fairness do you have the subs too?

7. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No sir. I thought about looking them up, but ultimately chose not to.

SUDano repped this.
  8. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Of the 9 people on the subs bench for the US, 7 were 2005s with the other 2 being 2004s. Of the 9 Norwegian players, I could only definitively find the birthdate for 8 -- and all 8 were 2005s.

SUDano repped this.
  9. Campeones123

Campeones123 Member

Barcelona
    Brazil
    Sep 2, 2021
    The Norwegian team were all 2005's, here's the lineup from their match vs England. Can feel free to google each player for extra proof, I wasn't going to hover my mouse over each player/sub and screen shot to show birthdays :D

England the same... Even had an 06 in Lewis-Skelly

Attached Files:

10. KeaneO16

KeaneO16 Member

Manchester United
    France
    Mar 4, 2020
    Everything I've seen indicates these were true u17 teams from England and Norway, with the US's being a "next year's u19" team. But it's worth mentioning that a lot of our 04's, and at least one 05 are with the u20 team and not on this team, so it's not quite a u18 vs u17 team. Also worth mentioning that in the first half (when we scored all 3 goals), we weren't playing hardly anyone who started against England. And judging purely by the numbers our players were given, we played our best starting 11 vs England.

All this is why we shouldn't take much from this or any other game result or performance, particularly international, but really all youth games. We know details of our teams, but absolutely no details of who we're playing. And can make no conclusion from a grainy single camera whether someone is dribbling past a guy because he's an incredible prospect, or because the guy he's dribbling past is the equipment manager who is playing because the coach owes his dad a favor.

Husky13 and Ray Shoesmith repped this.
  11. Ray Shoesmith

Ray Shoesmith Member+

Valencia
    United States
    Nov 14, 2021
    i don‘t know. Pulisic may have died his hair again and Tyler may be out there also. They aren‘t the biggest guys so we could have easily slipped them in without anyone noticing. McKenzie isn‘t at full camp so could have been him back there. I think we fooled most folks but some are way to smart and have seen through it, The jig is up!

12. Dave Marino-Nachison

Jun 9, 1999
    Bottom line, Norway is getting what it deserves for publishing detailed information for its fans about a random YNT friendly. ;)

Winoman and TheFalseNine repped this.
  13. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Couldn’t see the goal. Looked like Castilla played the pass.

Campeones123 repped this.
  14. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    #139 SUDano, Jun 10, 2022
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2022
    No who got into the game, how many subs were there? Usually unlimited in a youth game or at least 5, could even have been more...and they usually start at half or early in the 2nd half. We brought 6 2004 and they brought 2 2004. So theoretically their 2x 2004 came in at halftime and 2x of our 2004 were replaced by 2x of our 2005, so 45 minutes they had 2x2004 and we had 4x2004, but their 2005's on the field could have been older than our 2005's by many months so the cumulative age of Norway could in be in fact older than US. But we would need the box score roster with lineups and birthdates for everyone that PLAYED and not just started or rostered to play this silly game. See what I'm doing here..:) I'll chase anyone down this absurd rabbit hole of making comments about ages of starters at youth games because it doesn't really tell the whole story and the whole story really could come down to a few months spread across who played. Something no one wants to do or really should. It's irrelevant really. To repeat: All teams at tournament have the same age cuttoff rules to follow. We don't cheat or get sympathy spots

15. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We only made 3 subs -- which were all 2005s. The 3 subs replaced 2 2005s and 1 2004. Norway made a lot more changes, but since they were all 2005s, the age dynamic did not change.

16. Don't look for it on the turf, it was a sombrero.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  17. Kysoccer79

Kysoccer79 New Member

Jul 15, 2015
    This is another problem with trying to figure this stuff out based on random things posted on the internet. Someone tweeted something showing 3 subs when in reality the US made 10 substitutions in the Norway game starting at halftime.

18. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I took this from the Norwegian link someone provided earlier in this thread, so they may have only been correct about THEIR subs.

19. Kysoccer79

Kysoccer79 New Member

Jul 15, 2015
    I saw an American tweet that showed three subs, which now I’m guessing they got that info from the same place you did. But we subbed everyone. All this would be much easier if our own federation gave half decent updates.

willydonc and onefineesq repped this.
  20. FYP

Winoman repped this.
  21. NietzscheIsDead

NietzscheIsDead Member+

NO WAR
    United States
    May 31, 2019
    NO WAR
    Time to call Neri up on trial with the men?

22. TheFalseNine

TheFalseNine Moderator
    Staff Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Jul 15, 2014
    Norman, Okla.
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

23. Husky13

Husky13 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Sep 11, 2019
    Thanks. This captures what was in my mind when I made an earlier post on this topic, a post that received a similar rant from the same source. I think this is a logical way to look at it, if the other poster wants to take umbrage, he is free to have a different opinion.

24. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    This is no where close what you were saying that our team was 03s and 04s and they were 05s. Its so untrue. His post is even incorrect and hyperbolically stupid. No other teams do not have equipment managers playing for favors. I'll repeat this everytime I see not factual, unknowable, unfair, and downright silly posts about false points on age cutoffs.
    All teams have the same age cutoff, play by the same rules. If in fact we had 10 subs at halftime then someone quotes ages of just starters then that is extremely misleading and wrong. So quit trying to do it. The score is the score and anyone can react anyway they want to the result. I am not arrogant enough to lecture anyone on how they should react to a youth national team game. Celebrate, ignore, disdain, I do not care how you react, I am not your emotional advisor. But please stop to try to use mis-information or incomplete information to try to influence or diminish everything we do.

25. Husky13

Husky13 Member

Chelsea
    United States
    Sep 11, 2019
    And I admitted, immediately afterward, that I was confusing the age groups with the U20 thread, but you are now citing my original post as a more extreme example to support your rant. In my second post, after correcting my confusion between the U20 and U19 age groups (which I attribute to our wildly inconsistent usage of U__ titles at the YNT level!), I said the main point was that our team still may (and appears to have) been older than the England team. And, I think this would be obvious to most, but the implication there wasn't to diminish the win, but rather that we are good enough to beat (or at least go toe-to-toe) with these countries with same age, best-on-best, rosters - so when we win 2-1 over a somewhat younger team, our focus is probably best placed on analyzing the individual performances rather than getting too excited about the team result. As Keane06 said, I don't read too much into the scores, because we don't know all of the angles/objectives/etc. that each country is pursuing with their particular rosters/lineups for these games.