"The Twelfth Hour" Transfer & Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Legacy, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Woodgate is a top class CB, one Ericson was about to recall to the English NT, so save your passive-agressive act, Zidane05.

The question has always been Woodgate;s fitness. He goes from one horrific injury to another.

Still he did go the whole pre-season healthy, which is almost surprising.

It is strange also that RC gets a free pass while Woodgate gets shipped out.

2. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    :eek:
    Just because he was set to be recalled to the English squad doesn't make him a World Class CB. He wasn't about to take over John Terry's spot or that of Ferdinand in the English squad. He was there as the fourth CB, behind Campbell. And look at the defenders behind Nesta in the Italian NT. Matterazzi and Barzagli! You seem to fail to understand the concept of what a World class CB is. Again, you can't put Woodgate with the likes of Nesta, Cannavaro, and John Terry. Those are World class CBs. Woodgate is not. He is a good defender, no one can disagree with that. He is certainly not one of the best. You have absolutely no ground to build on. How many games has he played over the past two years?? What has he acheived over his career?

3. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    HAHAHA!! You are funny! Just because you were here before me, it doesn't mean you know more than me. And plus, you were here only a couple of months before me, so quit boasting. The problem is not at RB. The problem is at CB. There is no logical replacement for any of the two CBs if one gets injured. Are you comfortable playing Helguera or Pavon in CB in a game against Chelsea or Barcelona. Woodgate has barely touched a football pitch over the past two seasons, and there is nothing that leads Capello to believe he will do so this season.

4. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fair enough, you don't consider Woodgate a world-class CB. But RM did when he was purchased & you jumped down Legacy's throat when he said the same thing.

5. Real_Madrid_for_life

Feb 3, 2005
    Salgado : Good at defending, rubbish at offense.

Cicinho : Good at offense, not so good at defending (Reyes made mince meat out of him last year.)

Sergio Ramos : Very good defending + decent at offense = balance.

6. LosMerengues89

Jan 1, 2006
    Hong Kong
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ^Yeah, but to be fair, Cicinho looked the most likely to break through in that first leg. And R. Carlos didn't do well at attacking OR defending.

7. Chuchuko

Chuchuko New Member

Aug 20, 2006
    Man you talk about players as if you were playing FOOTBALL MANAGER.
    Things aren't so simple!

8. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005

Donde ********ing Esta KAKA!?!?!

Yes, ladies and gentlemen the phrase that pays is back. Thanks for the modifications Eduu!

9. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    You're kidding right? I didn't respond because I fell asleep...

Why the hell would I want a guy to think I look good? Ask yourself that...

Then ask youself why you would even grade my looks?

I don't grade men's looks, you do, why would you grade men looks and not women? :confused:

Like the english say... cheers!!

Like the angry mobs says.... Donde ********ing Esta KAKA!?!?!

10. Legacy

Legacy New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    London
    Thanks Lockjaw!!!:p

welcome back Zidane05...after a long time....

Wow!!! I was out, and when I return, I get to see an argument about Woody being world class or not...:eek:
    Well Real paid about 20+mil euros for Woody, so he was definitely considered world class and theres no doubt about that.....but the whole issue is about him being fit and consistent through out the season...and to prove that Woody is probably being loaned to BORO...
    Capello doesn't want to take a chance this season IMO, so he'd rather Buy CHIVU than gamble on HELGUERA/PAVON/WOODY.....

Once we get Chivu, he'll probably be playing in CB with canna.....Ramos is gonna play CB now, but soon he'll move to RB and Salgado will be his back up....

I have no IDEA what Capello is gonna do about the LB problem, Carlos WILL NOT last the whole season....Bravo is OK but not good enough....

HALA MADRID :)

11. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    In Bravo's defense he looks alot better than RC. Same could be said about Salgado and Cicinho offensively.

12. Real_Madrid_for_life

Feb 3, 2005

I don't play Football Manager............man.

13. MadridForever

MadridForever Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 29, 2001
    Madrid, Spain
    Well, Woodgate is a great CB, he has been one of the players that has played more minutes in the preseason and he hasn't injured, Capello likes him but it seems that Capello hasn't the confidence that he can resist a whole season with a big injury, and it is very understandable. In these circumstances the best solution is loan Woodgate, and if he is able to resist a whole season in England without big injuries, he will return to play with us the next season.

What it is very clear is that if we loan Woodgate, it is totally essencial to sign another great CB, Chivu is my favourite although i don't know if it possible only few days before August 31.

If we sign a new CB, the new signing probably will play with Canavaro, and Ramos will play as rightback. I like this solution, personally i prefer Cicinho as Rightback, but Capello has said that he prefers Cicinho in the midfield, and Salgado plays as Righback. And if i have to chose between Salgado and Ramos, i chose Ramos as Righback.

This is how i would play (knowing that Emerson and Diarra have to play, and cicinho has few chances to play as defender):

---------------------Casillas
    Ramos------Canavaro-----New CB------Roberto Carlos
    -------------Emerson-----Diarra
    Robinho-------------Guti--------------Cassano
    ---------------------VNR

14. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Like what you said about Woodgate, I too hope this is just for one season and more importantly he can sustain himself injury free. He is a great character and could be great for us in the future IF healthy.

I wanted Gallas at first (because I think he is awesome!), but since that report came out that "money man 'bromavich" block us, we might as well go for the next best in Chivu.

The formation you have up is perfect for us (well that's if Guti can stay consistent, he has no excuse now since he has been relieved of defensive duties). For the first game though I expect a Salgado, Cann, Bravo, RC line.

To end....

Donde Esta Kaka?

15. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    am i crazy, or did joaquin just get loaned to albecete?!?!?
    i read it on goal.com somewhere.. seems pretty true to me..
    anyone got confirmation wether valencia have signed him? like was he presented to the fans? or..?

16. Real_Madrid_for_life

Feb 3, 2005

Hahaha, that'd be pretty funny if it was true.

17. WhiteBlood

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
  18. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    sounds more like a rumor...plus it's goal.com...

19. WhiteBlood

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    prove it wrong then a show me a pic of joaquin in a valencia shirt..?

20. sufyan

sufyan New Member

Jun 29, 2005
    Toronto & Saudi
    Show us a pic of Joaquin in an Albecete shirt

21. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    show me Kaka in a milan shirt!! :D

Donde Esta KAKA!!

22. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Joaquín in Albacete is actually true. Apparently there is a clause in his contract in all Betis players that allows Betis to loan him wherever they want and fine him with 3M€ if he refuses. Lopera used it to punish Joaquín for pressuring him to sign for Valencia. Joaquín had to do 1000 Kms in a matter of hours, take pics of himself in Albacete and after that he was ordered to come back.

Yes, Lopera is evil.

23. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    lmao...esta muerto!....that deal's dead hombre.

24. YOUNGSTARS87

Dec 21, 2005
    Eh, dmar you can easily tell just by his looks... :D

You thought I was serious? LMFAO, this is a phrase between me and Eduu. I just like poking fun at the fact that we had a "mob" challenging the management with that phrase. It als is a serious question...

Donde Esta KAKA!?!?

25. dmar

dmar Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Madrid, Spain
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Looks? What looks are you talking about?

[​IMG]