"The Twelfth Hour" Transfer & Rumours Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by Legacy, Aug 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Battlecat714

Battlecat714 New Member

Jul 14, 2006
    Anaheim, Ca
    wow...but damn man, that injury seriously hurt him deep during his stay here.

2. ELADO

ELADO New Member

Aug 9, 2005
    washington dc usa
    hey man if i hurt you feelings i am sorry! well you got personal calling me names like "HIV" and ronaldooooooo "Aids" etc which i did not find funny and i was just looking for any reason to get back at you even calling you ugly which you aint! i just said it just to say it not because i actually think you are so trust me you are not!
    i know what you said was bad but it was even worse what i said man! i am appollogising coz i feel awful about it not coz i chickened out or afraid of anything, its just the human decency in me speaking!
    hey i dont want us to be friends or anything like that. i still expect and want your attacks on me! its fun!thats why we are here to disagree!
    i am sorry okay man! peace!

3. West 'am 'till I die

West 'am 'till I die BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 28, 2006
    London

Is that a photo of Woody out-jumping Djilla (Diarra) to score against Lyon??

4. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I don't think it was Lyon he scored against - it was someone else, maybe Rosenborg? Can't remember, but I don't think it was Lyon.

5. WhiteBlood

WhiteBlood BigSoccer Supporter

May 31, 2006
    Kuwait
    yeah rosenborg.
    and i just read that milan have bought ricardo oliveira? that means they're not into ronaldo anymore.?

6. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nope, the deal collapsed

7. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    According to MARCA, Capello wants to sign either Chivu of Roma or Alex of PSV (good choices) I saw another article that said Pedja inquired about Chivu to Roma reps during the champions leage draw

8. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    I haven't seen a lot of Alex. I understand he can play as a central defender or fullback. He is young too, 24 I think. I'm guessing Chivu is Capello's first choice, but he's had some nagging injuries, hasn't he?

9. Oscar

Oscar Member+

Nov 30, 2001
    Holland
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    Alex is a solid defender. Good in the air both defensively and attacking as well. Reads plays well to be in the right spot at the right time. Which he needs to do, because he's not fast. Ballskills aren't high either, so don't depend on him to further any plays when he wins back the ball. The last 'minus' is that Chelsea pretty much own him even though he plays at PSV.

10. Real_Madrid_for_life

Feb 3, 2005
    Buying another defender is good, but the offense of the team still concerns me. We look anything but solid going up against opponents defenses. The stupid thing is that managers don't tend to see this until we are half way through the season.

11. nuff_said

nuff_said Member

Jul 25, 2005
    BigSoccer - RM Forum
    Found this on another forum

Does that mean Wenger thinks we're pretty? :D

12. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Chivu is the best of the two. The fortunes of Roma changed significantly when he and Mexes played together in the center of defence. Although I would prefer to have Mexes on my team, Chivu is still an excellent defender who is also able to play the LB position in emergencies.

13. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    hehe he's always been jealous

14. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    its official, woody is going out on loan to a prem club. This is stupid as hell IMO...One of my favorite players in the squad mainly because of his attitude, and he looked great in preseason.

The way this sounds, they might as well just stop the bullsh*t and say they want to sell Woodgate to a Prem club.

15. Coldplay

Coldplay Member

Apr 1, 2006
    i wish Woody all the best, hope he gonna do great in Premiership, stay healthy, and come back to us.

16. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    why do we need to buy Mexes or Chivu though...we have Canna , Ramos, Mejia, Helguera if necessary, and Pavon way down there. Add Woody to that and we are alright at CB. Fc8kin Capello just wants italian league players, why the f*ck is he gonna throw Woodgate under the bus.

17. Alma Merengue

Alma Merengue Member+

May 5, 2005
    Woodgate is included in the squad for tomorrow - although he probably won't start or get many minutes. I don't think Capello is throwing Woody under the bus at all. He is doing us and Woody a favor. Woody will have a chance to prove that he is healthy and show how good he is. If/when he does this we can either get him back or sell him at a better price. I think the decision is quite sensible.

18. Legacy

Legacy New Member

Jul 6, 2006
    London
    When woody is in form he is among the best CBs in the world, woody just needs to gain some confidence and prove his worth, even if by going to a EPL team and prove his fitness....I just wish him the best of luck, He'll probably Replace CAnna once he's gone.....

Ramos will gain some experience by playing alongside canna....good luck to em all

19. Real_Madrid_for_life

Feb 3, 2005

Because Mexes or Chivu are much better than Mejia and Helguera, and incase you haven't noticed, Capello wants another central defender so he can move Ramos to the spot in which he is most effective, right back, or would you rather have Salgado in that spot all year?

20. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    First of all, neither Mexes or Chivu are Italian. Second of all, if you think tha Helguera and Pavon are defenders that will be able to fill in in a key CL match down the road should an injury crisis happens, then you are seriously wrong. We need another CB, and that is clear. Ramos is not a true CB and is better served playing at RB. He is a capable fill in at the CB position, but shouldn't be counted on to perform at the highest level through out the entire season. Woodgate has missed the last two couple seasons due to injury. What makes you think or gurantees Capello that he will be healthy this time around?

21. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH! Take a deep breath! Woodgate is nowhere near the best Centerbacks in the world. Nesta, Cannavaro, Terry... Those are the best CBs in the world... Woodgate is, at top form, a second class CB. Lets not get carried away.

22. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    When did you start watching football huh? I love how people are s**ckin John Terry's d*ck right now because he's on a current winning team. Did you see the World Cup, Rio Ferdinand was much better than Terry the whole tourney but rather predictably, the English player in the FIFA squad of the tourney was Terry.

Jonathan Woodgate at Leeds and Newcastle was easily the best English defender period. He still can be better than Terry but we shipped his ass of to Boro. And read my post, I said Italian league players not Italians.

If this f*ck Calderon or Capello don't win anything after what they are doing to the team I will l be quite incensed.

23. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    People like you is what causes me and other posters not to post on this forum as often as we would like. We are talking about football, and as soon as someone disagrees with you, you start with your insults. All Terry has acheived over the past two years is a couple of Priemership titles, while Woodgate has barely touched a football pitch. Where was Woodgate during the World Cup?? He was recovering from injury. And just because he didn't perform up to expectation during the world cup, it doesn't mean he isn't a world class player. He was playing in a dysfunctional team. Ronaldinho didn't perform. Neither did Lampard. And where was Totti?

24. Lockjaw

Lockjaw BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 8, 2004
    Kaiserslautern
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ELADO is taking a time out from our forum.

25. sdotsom

sdotsom Member+

Manchester United
    Mar 27, 2005
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I cam out a bit harsh yes, but I've been here longer than you and I know what I'm talking about. Terry aint the only reason Chelsea has won titles, they had Terry before at Chelsea and they weren't winning sh*t. Woodgate is a world class defender when fit, the Spanish press were going nuts when he was back for those games. And he was looking fit this preseason, ready to play, and in very good shape.

2Nd, why would having Salgado or Cicinho play as RB be a bad thing? They've done fine there as it is, its not like we have a glaring need at RB. Look at the other side of defense for that.