The Truth about Team Germany (r)

Discussion in 'Women's Rivalry Forum' started by jocasta, Dec 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    SOMEBODY needs to clear out her Inbox. :rolleyes:

2. arctica

arctica New Member

Dec 21, 2008
    The Photoshop Fairy sent me a picture today and I thought I'd share it with the class

[​IMG]

3. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh...

You know what gets me most? The pink ballet slippers.

Quick, someone post this pic in her guestbook!

:D

4. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    See the dainty way she holds her wand? I think this should be sent to all those Frankfurt sceptics who doubt her ability to work miracles at her age - everyone knows that a fairy is ageless (and has two perfectly functioning knees at all times - or, failing those, wings), and now we have proof positive that here is someone to grant their wishes. Ah, this gives me hope.

5. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    It's not hope you need, Frankfurt Fan; it's exorcising.

;)

6. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Exorcising? But the (Tasmanian) Devil hasn't even properly arrived yet! :confused:
    (I prefer to think that you're not suggesting I am obsessed. :cool:)

7. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Obsessed... Possessed... Not sure which is worse, really.

(And it's the off season: What else are we to bicker about?)

8. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Oh, hello Mr Freud. :eek: :p

Hasn't the German transfer window opened? Can we hope for any spectacular signings or at least significant speculations? (Julia Kremser is leaving Bayern for Wacker München, but since her name had never really registered with me before today, I didn't think it too newsworthy... :rolleyes:)

9. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    OK, I can take the gender "slur", if you will... But how dare you suggest I'm a Freudian! :eek:

Well, I suppose we'd have to drag our speculations kicking and screaming over to the Bundesliga thread...

10. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Oh, I was referring to what was happening in my own head - will you get out of there! :D

I'm glad you said it. ;) Now all we have to do is get you to practise not to kick and scream.

11. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Oh, there are some very simple ways of avoiding that...

12. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Well, let's see, is there one that I could think of that would involve Team Germany, so as to stay on topic and avoid jocasta's wrath in this thread... would you have any ideas/particular preferences? :confused:

13. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    I can try and distract you...by asking for suggestions as to what you would 'throw' at various players. I ask this because word reaches me that some German fans in Chile, after chanting her name, threw a Barbie doll at Julia Simic.

14. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    :D You know, she may actually have the voice of a whisky-slugging, cigar-smoking German Janis Joplin. Or she may just have had a cold at the time. I'm hoping for the former, to give her a little bit of an unexpected edge.

A Little Igloo lunchbox at Baunach... Grecian 2000 at Nicole Banecki... Sadly, they're far too close to "jailbait" to trot out the obvious answer, which I'm sure redcard will come up with later instead.

But I'm sure this should still be in Eurotrash.

15. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    So, I can't say, "A nappy, at Pohlers," on this thread? :(

She's a baby liner, innit.

16. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Is that some sort of rough, Northern rhyming slang? :confused:

Anyway, I thought we were only doing the U20s, so to speak. In that case... A chainsaw at Angerer, hopefully cutting off her head and thus negating the need for any more ugly hats. (Sorry, Micol, it had to be said.)

17. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    Nope. A baby liner is someone who hangs about on the goal line to score goals and tap in other people's shots. It's basically shorthand for someone who is childishly selfish in their search for glory - it is therefore positively discouraged in games where you aren't playing offside.
    Am I really so obscure? Do NOT answer that. :eek:

I second the chainsaw/hat motive. Though there is a danger it might castrate her if your aim is not 'true'. :p

18. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    Ahhhhh, a goal poacher. Why didn't you just say so? ("Divided by a common language", it seems. :rolleyes:)

Not sure she could really be out and about with her *ahem* nether regions anyway, if she lacked a head. :eek:

19. Dandal

Dandal Member

Jul 20, 2002
    Sweden
    Club:
    --other--
    [​IMG]

No need for decapitation. Seems like the Dutch Banjo Girl already has stolen the Angerer Hat.

20. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Are you sure you have such a good aim that you wouldn't risk hitting her faithful defence instead? :rolleyes: Alternatively, you'd need to distribute the fancy headgear that Hegering was sporting at the U20 WWC to everyone but her first - but for all we know it might only give her ideas for further fatal fashion errors (which, I will grant you, she is sadly prone to commit).

21. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    :eek: Hopefully, she's just protecting her cheek. Though a 'Phantom of the Opera' style mask might have been more functional/amusing.

22. Smulan

Smulan Member

Apr 3, 2008
    I'm not seeing a pic. :confused:

23. Jenson

Jenson Member

Mar 2, 2005
    I'm intimidated by Arctica's prowess. :(

24. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    Praise from ex national team coach Tina Theune-Meyer for players at the U20 WWC: First she lists Naeher, Leroux and Morgan from the US team; from the German team she remembers only Nicole Banecki, "who has great potential, is always present and plays with a fine technique and from her heart".

And at the WWC 2011 she expects to see things no one has ever seen before. :confused:

http://de.fifa.com/aboutfifa/developing/women/news/newsid=986126.html

25. Micol

Micol Member+

Sep 16, 2008
    According to an article on her home page, Silke Rottenberg is now taking care of the German U15 to U23 goalies. I assume this means she takes over as goalkeeper coach from Michael Fuchs, who was last seen accompanying the German U20s at the WWC in Chile.

I'm also assuming that Fuchs's contract as goalkeeper coach of the A team has been extended but I haven't read anything about it.