The Trump Presidency Ocho :: It Can't Go On. A.K.A. We All Gotta Duck / When The Shit Hits the Fan

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by crazypete13, Sep 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Proud Boys heading to the Trump rally and flashing white power signs.....

Deadtigers, sitruc, Dr. Wankler and 2 others repped this.
  2. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    UN says MBS did it. Wonder if this will sway Donnie & Jared

Deadtigers, sitruc and charlie15 repped this.
  3. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My wife and I stayed on Peter Island in the BVIs about ten years ago. Beautiful place, but it took us a day or two to figure out why most of the other people we would chit chat with would ask us what "level" we were. At that point, I Googled who owned the resort. Huh, who knew? (at least not me).

4. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    So what level are you? :D

At first I thought you mistakenly landed on a Scientologist island and were greeted by Kirstie Alley and her Tattoo, Tom Cruise

5. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the look on mine and my wife's face, they would quickly realize it was "level-I-have-no-fecking-clue-what-you're-babbling-about."

6. taosjohn

taosjohn Member+

Dec 23, 2004
    taos,nm
    In 1992 a bunch of people actually thought that a "permanent majority" existed, and when Clinton shocked them with his "its the economy" approach, a bunch of them were so upset about it that they took a "no more Mr' Nice Guy" approach to setting about creating a real one. Doesn't seem to occur to them that a civil war doesn't really create permanence...

Deadtigers and Dr. Wankler repped this.
  7. Claymore2

Claymore2 Member

DC United
    United States
    Jun 19, 2019
    I'm baaaaack...

Nice to see Trump is still running against Hillary Clinton.

bigredfutbol, sitruc, stanger and 7 others repped this.
  8. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Corporate tax take down?

I am shocked I tell you

9. Dr. Wankler

Dr. Wankler Member+

May 2, 2001
    The Electric City
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Typical liberal hypocrisy. No one gets upset about Antifa showing up at Biden or Warren rallies.

[/bothsidesdoitism]

sitruc, chaski, Auriaprottu and 2 others repped this.
  10. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is Krugman still sticking to his old writings that a 15 dollars per hours minimum salary would be bad for the country or has he changed his mind due to political pressure by his readers?

11. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    He retracted his opposition to raising the minimum wage in 2015, citing new research. He said that the mainstream economic view, which he had shared, had been proven wrong.

Every year a Republican say that new evidence required a different conclusion,? Yeah, me neither.

12. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The Reveal podcast did a 3 parter on Mitch that made it very clear he was interested in power. Talked about how he was a moderate to start, but knew he had to become more conservative to retain power.

Deadtigers and The Jitty Slitter repped this.
  13. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We are winning!!!!!

How China Is Outplaying the U.S. on Trade

The Atlantic: “Trump started the trade war by levying new taxes on $250 billion worth of Chinese exports. China retaliated both by increasing the duties Americans face and by decreasing the tariffs that confront everyone else: It has cut tariffs on thousands of products from the rest of the world’s fisheries, farmers, and firms.”

“Even as Tariff Man, as Trump likes to refer to himself, focuses only on disruption, Beijing is evidently operating on a higher level. China is outplaying the United States on two fronts.”

“First, while Trump is on the verge of slapping tariffs on almost everything the U.S. imports from China, Beijing is picking and choosing wisely… Second, Trump has no real mitigation strategy to help the Americans facing the entirely foreseeable costs of his policies.”

Boloni86 and Sounders78 repped this.
  14. Sounders78

Sounders78 Member+

Apr 20, 2009
    Olympia
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Evidence from places like Seattle provide an alternative view - he changed his mind not because of pressure, but because of actual evidence (as JohnR noted)

15. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Perhaps it was pressure, although I doubt it. Either way, he admitted to being wrong, something no Christian/Teumpster will do. And that means everything. There is no used talking to somebody who can never face up to the possibility of changing. Might as well talk to your kitchen stove.

16. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium
    Exacto

It's actually a good sign that he adopted reality based beliefs - unlike the GOP

But in any event, the adhom doesn't work in this case

Corp Tax rev is massively down - its not an economic theory

LOOOL

Deadtigers repped this.
  17. ceezmad

ceezmad Member+

Mar 4, 2010
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was never against raising the minimum, he was against the 15 national wage, he published an article about the negative effects 15 would have in many states and in Puerto Rico.

Most economist that are not paid by some right wing think tank agree that there is a need for higher minimum wage, they just balk at the 15 dollar per hour and some at this being set nationally (some prefer it national).

There seems to be a range of around 60% (+-) of the median salary for where the godly locks zone for a minimum wage. That is why many economist worry about the one size national level.

https://www.citylab.com/equity/2019...obs-data-employment-economic-research/587992/

This fact check from 2016 shows where most economist fall (at least where they did in 2016).
    https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2016/may/09/fact-checking-minimum-wage-debate/

Here is an article of some of the most recent studies.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-starting-to-find-out/?utm_term=.5cd8eb6a9966

HerthaBerwyn, Chicago76 and Sounders78 repped this.
  18. charlie15

charlie15 Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    Bethesda, Md
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pompeo is such a gasbag. He is full of s****.

New York Times: “Administration officials are briefing Congress on what they say are ties between Iran and Al Qaeda, prompting skeptical reactions and concern on Capitol Hill that the White House could invoke the war authorization passed in 2001 as legal cover for military action against Tehran.”
    “Statements tying Iran and Al Qaeda by Mr. Pompeo and other officials point to the potential for the administration to justify invoking the 2001 authorization… And when asked in recent weeks by lawmakers and journalists whether the administration would use the 2001 authorization, Mr. Pompeo has deflected the questions.”

jmartin1966, Deadtigers and sitruc repped this.
  19. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Trying to slip by the old Sunni/Shia alliance story and hoping clueless Americans don't know the difference. Dubya actually didn't know the difference between them on the eve of his Great Glorious M.E. War.

Deadtigers, sitruc and charlie15 repped this.
  20. roadkit

roadkit Greetings from the Fringe of Obscurity

Jul 2, 2003
    Fornax Cluster
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Al Qaeda? Is someone at State cutting and pasting from a 10 year old memo?

sitruc, Deadtigers, charlie15 and 6 others repped this.
  21. superdave

superdave Member+

Jul 14, 1999
    VB, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because I’m a real bastard, I’m going to taunt @American Brummie .

Hey Brummie, Brad Parscale says the US is too complex for opinion polls. I guess that puts you out of business, huh?

American Brummie and Deadtigers repped this.
  22. Cascarino's Pizzeria

Apr 29, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Ooh now they've gone & done it! Shot down one of our precious drones. Debate if it was shot down over Iranian or international waters. I know what Bolton has concluded.

23. Timon19

Timon19 Member+

Jun 2, 2007
    Akron, OH
    We've been "accidentally" violating Iran's ADIZ for decades.

bigredfutbol and Deadtigers repped this.
  24. Deadtigers

Deadtigers Member+

Jul 23, 2015
    Independent Republic of the Bronx, NY
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ghana
    54 percent of white women will still vote for him. Also what is it about supposedly powerful men and beating women. These guys are bullies and can't face anyone challenging them.

Auriaprottu and Sounders78 repped this.
  25. American Brummie

Jun 19, 2009
    There Be Dragons Here
    Club:
    Birmingham City FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Brad Parscale couldn't run a solid campaign if Begala and Carville ran it for him.

Deadtigers, dapip and charlie15 repped this.