The trick to it

Discussion in 'Player' started by Soccerboymi, Jun 23, 2004.

1. Soccerboymi

Soccerboymi New Member

Apr 10, 2004
    Brevard county
    whats the trick to juggling cuz 1 time i got 21 but all the rest r like 5 and 9? :confused:

2. sockacrazy

sockacrazy New Member

May 6, 2004
    Just to start drop it onto your foot then kick it back to your hands, watch where it is hitting ur boot just make sure it is hitting between ur laces and your toe then go back to what u were doing and just watching where it is hitting ur foot then just practice.

Good luck

-justin

3. Soccerboymi

Soccerboymi New Member

Apr 10, 2004
    Brevard county
    thanks i hope it helps
    any1 else i will still take more help!

4. Lg__o3

Lg__o3 New Member

Feb 28, 2004
    Petawawa Ont
    all you can really do is practice, but if ur screwing up, dont do the same thing over again and again, because you will keep screwin up over and over. if u mess up do what soccacrazy said and learn from your mistakes

5. jtowns3

jtowns3 New Member

Mar 29, 2004
    Chicago
    agreed. practice practice practice

6. Cornerkick

Cornerkick New Member

Start off with a balloon first... It sounds easy and it should be, but it will get the right body movements going.

7. ADIKeeper

ADIKeeper New Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Hackey Sack. Works wonders.

8. Jaspero

Jaspero New Member

Mar 17, 2004
    Netherlands
    the tricky part of hack e sack is that i dont bounce that makes it more difficult, yes im from holland and ikhave hack e sack :)

9. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah as silly as it does sound this works i used to do this as a kid at christmas and you'll learn where to hit it on your foot and the only thing you've got to worry about when swapping to a ball is the speed it comes back down

Not one bit of punctuation in there good luck reading it

10. ConorM

ConorM New Member

Jun 6, 2004
    There was an age when Maradonna couldn't juggle. Its just practice don't lose heart, persistance is whats required. Boring as it sounds there is no real trick to it, its as easy as people make it look.

11. Soccerboymi

Soccerboymi New Member

Apr 10, 2004
    Brevard county
    also can anyone score a corner, i can but i'm just wonderin

12. PSsoccer123

PSsoccer123 New Member

Jul 22, 2003
    When I practice I'll get in the hundreds and the next time I'll get only 20 or something. Just keep practicing

13. Futballer

Futballer New Member

Mar 23, 2004
    Canada
    Just gotta practice. The more you practice the easer it will be, and the more you will be able to do.

14. C. Ronaldo7

C. Ronaldo7 New Member

Dec 5, 2003
    Maryland
    Exact-a-diddly-Ackely (as said by Ned Flanders)

15. ConorM

ConorM New Member

Jun 6, 2004
    If you can't swerve the ball enough to score from a corner your pretty rubbish, do you mean from that position or like in a game? Good way too practice that I think, the correct technique, you must whip it with pace as well as swerve to get it in from the corner.

16. redalert101

redalert101 New Member

Jan 14, 2004
    Streets of Florida
    c ronaldo someones been watchin too much simpsons lately. the trick to juggling is to add enough backspin so that it doesnt go astray or to the side but not so much that it comes to close to you. also it is easier if your touches are quick and low. i started off with only my right foot and can do 396. now i can do even better alternating though.

17. soccermainiac2003

soccermainiac2003 New Member

Dec 1, 2003
    hit the ball, let it bounce, hit it again, let it bounce etc

18. soccermainiac2003

Dec 1, 2003
    this can also be done right foot only, left foot only, or alternating.
    works

19. senorbuckwheat

senorbuckwheat New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    That is how I learned.

Also, start with thigh juggling.
    - Drop the ball from above the thighs and try to just use the thighs.
    - Play the ball off your chest and catch with thigh and bring ball to the ground.

20. Tony Dellbird

Tony Dellbird English and Proud

Mar 26, 2004
    Jolly Ol' England
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yeah it's really not as hard as it sounds did it 3 games in a row at county level and countless times in normal schoolboy level.

21. guado

guado Member+

Jun 30, 2004
    ocotengo miedo
    Club:
    Inverness Caledonian Thistle
    Nat'l Team:
    Indonesia
    you might do this when you start, but as you develop your game, try using the other parts of your foot(heel, inside, outside, even though you're not really spose to use them when you juggle.) it'll work wonders with your ball control and you will benefit from being able to control the ball with any part of your foot. then move on to your other foot, use different body parts, etc...

22. senorbuckwheat

senorbuckwheat New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    I juggle like one would with a hacky sack. I have had many people come up to me and say "I see you play hacky sack", which I don't. It is just something I started to do to add more variation.

Now how often I actually use these moves in a real game is another story. But once in awhile one pops up. It also helps give you a better feel for the ball.

23. ConorM

ConorM New Member

Jun 6, 2004
    Some people do it with backspin, others don't, its definately not the secret, just a preference.

The ball won't go to the side without backspin, if you do put back spin on it you can put a lot on without it going anywhere near you. Neither of these points hold true.

Just practice, the worlds best juggler has done the most juggling, its an exact relationship. Holds true for most sporting achievements up until a point where talent takes over, that point is at a much higher level than you would think. You can't just pick up a ball and be good, you have to beome good. Its frustrating at the start you can't do it, just persist and keep trying. There is no secrets, no shortcuts in this life, same with juggling. Practice practice practice man. Good luck, you will reach 100 in weeks I am sure!

24. soccermainiac2003

Dec 1, 2003
    im not sure if you're supposed to add backspin or not. Coaches have told me not to but i usually do because it is easier.
    204 is my high

25. hambone

hambone New Member

Apr 23, 2002
    I am trying to learn to juggle without spin now. I think it is a lot easier to juggle with backspin, but maybe that is just my 'preference.' I don't know where to hit it though, there is this part on my foot just beside the bone that controls my big toe where there is a bit of hair and I think if I hit it about there I should be able to hit it no spin. I want to be able to juggle sitting down now, and that can't be done without learning to juggle no spin I don't think.