The Transfers' Discussion Thread | Barça + Afellay - Ibrahim = The best midget army ever?

Discussion in 'Barcelona' started by Imperador3, Nov 5, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Loads of rumors about different players. Pastore, Cesc, Afellay, Bale, Llorente, Torres and Suárez.

All of them are really good players so I wouldn't mind of we signed someone of them. Afellay is probably the cheapest one since his contract is over next summer.

2. Don Nurilio

Don Nurilio Member

Sep 28, 2009
    E u r o p e
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Re: The 2010/2011 Season Thread Pt. 1 | The team of 8 World Champions... plus Messi!

The most likely signings are Afelley , Cesc(next summer, damn you wenger :mad:) and Pastore in the future i think, all the rest is bullshit, cause if we were after one of those striker you mentioned, it would mean bye bye to Bojan for sure and i cant see that happening.

I would like us to sign Afellay in January, a quality player and he cost only around 2-4M, im sure we can afford that :)

3. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Re: The 2010/2011 Season Thread Pt. 1 | The team of 8 World Champions... plus Messi!

Yeah Afellay, Cesc and Pastore are the most likely signings. But I wouldn't rule it out completely that Pep wants one more striker that can bring something different to the game. Llorente would bring something different and he showed that he can do it with the national team.

Well the names that I wrote before were just the names that Sport and Elmundodeportivo have been writing about lately.

4. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island

what position does affelay play

can we sign both cesc and pastore, or is it one or the other? where would that leave thiago?

5. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina

Pastore bossing the Palermo-Genoa game, gave some great passes that should of been goals. He did finally get 1, with a back-heel. 45 min gone and he has looked sharp. If you can get the kid, I think it would a be PERFECT place for the kid to grow and become another Barca star. Have my fingers crossed.

6. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I asked this in another thread... but i will ask it here again. Why do we need Cesc?

Pastore would be the best signing out of all the players listed above. Afellay is real good but I'm not convinced.

7. evil_allan

evil_allan Member+

May 3, 2004
    Turtle Island

who says we need cesc?

he is liked and wanted, for sure, but there are other alternatives as you point out.
    pastore sounds like he might be expensive though, so if he isn't significantly cheaper than cesc then we might as well just go for the first choice.
    afellay will be very cheap, maybe even free, which makes him an interesting option. he can play on either wing as well as an a ACM so that makes him an even more tempting opportunity. but i haven't really seen enough of him to know if he's really barca quality. we could sure use a player like him during the transfer window though to provide some depth.

8. manyfaces

manyfaces Member

Feb 4, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

There was/is a general desire to get additional attacking cover. When we lost Ibra, this became a bit more urgent. Right now, Pep isn't trusting Thiago, Adriano, or Jeffren much. JDS hasn't gotten a look yet either. So we've got Messi, Xavi, Iniesta, Keita, Villa, Pedro, and Bojan covering the five attacking positions. With Xavi at 50% and Bojan in a funk, we're stretched way too thin.

I still don't think it's worth spending crazy money on another attacker. If we can get someone for cheap (under 10million euros) then we should jump on it. If we spend any more than 10mil, then I better not be the only one asking why we didn't bid on Özil last summer.

I have this bad feeling though that we're going to spend stupid money this winter and then spend even stupider money on Cesc next summer.

9. PhiloBarca

PhiloBarca Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Austin, Texas
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Everything the club has said is that we're not buying this winter, but might promote.

I think in the summer we buy 1 forward, 1 attacking midfielder, and 1 CB if Fontas or Muniesa aren't getting more minutes.

Also, I hate to stay this, but I think Alves might be gone and will need to be replaced. He seems to be exactly the kind of personality that will want Man City cash.

10. manyfaces

manyfaces Member

Feb 4, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

The more his agent talks, the more I'm inclined to agree with this.

11. Omideyi

Omideyi Member

Dec 13, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria

why do we need Cesc? I would've thought that was becoming more and more apparent every time Xavi can't play. the difference in our rhythm and ball movement when is is and isn't playing is as clear as night and day.

that Ozil signing is looking more and more impressive every time I watch him. I still don't really understand the transfer policy at this club when a player of that quality becomes available, costs about 15m euros, and makes it known he would prefer to come to Barca, and we ignore him and spend the whole summer going after Mascherano who cost more instead. bearing in mind we had a perfectly capable player in Yaya Toure that we decided to show the door instead. but then again, after the whole Eto'o fiasco, why should one expect to make sense of anything?

we've got problems if Alves goes, no one needs me telling them that. his position is so critical, both for what he contributes, but more importantly for what it allows the rest of the team (particularly Messi) to. what is the latest position with he and his agent?

12. gmonn

gmonn Member+

Dec 8, 2005

How could Pep keep Yaya when he wouldn't play him as much as he wanted to play, and Manchester City were willing to give him the biggest contract in the EPL? To replace Yaya you need Mascherano, not Ozil.

13. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Arshavin wanted to be culé too. Apparently the best way to get transferred to Barcelona is to say you don't want to come here.

I will only be cool with Alves leaving for Citeh if they literally break the bank to transfer him. If Barça let him go for under market value, it would be a bigger disaster than all the other disasters put together.

14. USCule

USCule Member

Jun 22, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA

+1

He's one of those guys I think we need to keep at all costs.

15. Omideyi

Omideyi Member

Dec 13, 2004
    London
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Nigeria

I probably didn't explain myself properly. What I was trying to get at was that we should never have arrived at a situation where Yaya wasn't playing enough, and wanted to leave. then we wouldn't have needed to go after Mascherano. and either way, Ozil at that price was a no-brainer

16. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Dani Alves is one of the most important players in the squad and the board should do everyting to keep him. There are no other players like him to bring if we lose him.

Sport wrote about Borja Valero today, he wants to play for Barca and it says that there might already be a agreement with Villarreal for about 16 million.

I have not seen him play that many times but from what I've seen he is not a player that we should spend 16 million euros on. Maybe I'm wrong though.

17. 35mmMessiah

35mmMessiah Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Canuckville
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Montserrat

Speaking of which... if you believe what is written in the sports rags....http://sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=730098&idseccio_PK=1507

Don't know how credible this Carazo is. He reminds me of a gossip columnist working for National Enquirer. :rolleyes:

18. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

I read something on Goal.com stating that Bojan is unsure whether he will be staying past May. It says he's definitely not leaving in the winter, but he will weigh his options come summer.

I know it's Goal.com but whatever. Just wanted to throw it out there.

19. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

Pep said that he believes in him very much. I don't think he will go anywhere.

20. manyfaces

manyfaces Member

Feb 4, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

That's assuming Pep stays...

And yes, I think Rosell may be that stupid.

21. SoDamnSmooth

SoDamnSmooth Red Card

Oct 17, 2007
    NJ
    Club:
    Bayer 04 Leverkusen
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico

You'd never tell by the amount of minutes he plays.

22. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil

He played 536 minutes so far. Just 11 minutes less than Mascherano for example. I don't think it's that bad. He will play today as well. Anyway, I'm not saying that he will stay for sure but if he wants and the club wants him so why not.

The goals will come and then all the speculations will end.

23. os_mutante

os_mutante Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2003
    City of Bad Carls
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Bojan will likely be the captain again today in the Copa del Rey. Surely it's a sign that he's staying... or is it a parting gift? :confused:;)

24. vagegast

vagegast Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Herndon, VA
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands

Dutch media reporting Ibrahim Affelay to Barca for between 2 to 4 million euros on a 4-year contract in the winter.

25. manyfaces

manyfaces Member

Feb 4, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

If true, that's a very good bit of business there. I believe he's CL-eligible too since PSV has only played in the Europa League.