News: The Transfer thread

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Stokstaartje95, Aug 29, 2020.

1. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    I can confirm they are very keen to sign her. I think Endler is also coming to Lyon.

Klingo3034, blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  2. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Endler to Lyon? So who will be PSG’s Gk?

3. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    Endler or Engen--the Wolfsburg midfielder? If Lyon is trying to sign Rolfo, that would explain why she did not accept Wolfsburg's contract extension offer. She would have to have gotten offers from some of the big clubs to turn down Wolfsburg. The same may apply to Engen. Wolfsburg has lost those two good players plus Popp has torn her ACL, I believe, and will be out for close to a year.

4. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Christiane Endler.

5. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    There is tweet related to it:

Klingo3034 repped this.
  6. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    I wonder if Endler will come to OL Reign in near future.

7. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    Bouhaddi is playing with OL Reign this season, but after that who knows. Le Sommer also.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  8. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ho...11/red-stars-report-ready-to-roll-vs-portland

Chicago may sign two players from Europe so let’s see they be. Can you guess?

The European season is wrapping up, with the UEFA Women’s Champions League Final to take place just a few hours before the Red Stars kick off in Portland on Sunday.

Asked about the club’s ongoing pursuit of players in Europe, Dames continued to play things close to the vest. He did confirm they continue to pursue two European-based players.

59Amerinorsk repped this.
  9. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    From the article, they are signing free agents and not paying transfer fees.

sbahnhof repped this.
  10. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    Any websites that shows who’s free agent or doing transfer, etc.?

11. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    I’m reading on Twitter that Lyon is interested in sign Lindsay Horan to 1 year deal.

sbahnhof repped this.
  12. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yes it comes from Le Progres paper.

13. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    They reliable in terms of rumors and sources?

14. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Yes, I know Marion who wrote it, she goes to the OL training center to get info very often. Lyon are interested but it does not mean Horan is or Portland is also interested in loaning her.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  15. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    We might see more transfer action involving Wolfsburg given that CF Popp has blown out a knee, apparently.

sbahnhof repped this.
  16. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Horan has a two year contract with the Thorns. Perhaps they will be willing to loan her -- perhaps in exchange for the loan of an OL player to the Thorns. The Thorns have said, however, that they are not interested in having loaned players on their roster.

17. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    L'orange and blissett repped this.
  18. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    And then Arsenal want to swap Miedema for Parris with Lyon

Somebody has smoked drugs at the Emirates.

sbahnhof and blissett repped this.
  19. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    True but at the same time next season Miedema would leave when her contract ends. So Arsenal wants to get Paris who is a good player but not as good as Miedema but at least they trying to get something out of the situation when Miedema leaves.

Also Miedema would be playing with a team that have very high chance of getting to CL trophy and getting paid more.

20. blissett

blissett Member+

Aug 20, 2011
    Italy
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    I try to also watch this from an OL's point of view: of course they have to be aware of the statement above too. So, I suspect that, if they feel the need to put their hands on Miedema, it's not only because they aim at a Parris' upgrade, but also because they're actually not sure about Ada Hegerderg's full recovery. If you think about it, Miedema is more an Hegerberg-like kind of player than just a Parris' replacement on a 1-on-1 basis.

Klingo3034 repped this.
  21. Klingo3034

Klingo3034 Member+

Dallas FC
    United States
    Oct 11, 2019
    I hope Ada recovers. Not sure how long she will be out. Feels like forever now.

sbahnhof repped this.
  22. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    This Meidema for Parris trade possibility doesn't make any sense to me. I thought Hegerberg was fairly close to being back after having knee surgery and one other physical problem, but can't remember what it was. She's 25, and I have to think she'll make a full a recovery. If that is the case, I have no idea why Lyon would want both Hegerberg and Miedema, who play the same position! Also, Miedema has a year left on her Arsenal contract, so Arsenal would be insane to trade her for anybody now. And how exactly would Arsenal sell its coaching job to candidates if the team were thinking of trading the best player in the league?

Now, I think Miedema has been quite happy playing for Arsenal and Montemurro; she, like everyone with the club, likes the style of football Arsenal/Montemurro play. Monte's departure, however, makes Miedema's contract situation more interesting. She will want to have a comfort level with the new coach and his style of play/intentions, etc. before resigning with the Gunners. She's played with Iwabuchi before, so I have to think her signing would be quite pleasing to Miedema. I don't know if there have been contract extension talks between the player and Arsenal, and what Miedema's demands might be.

Seems a strange idea from the perspective of both teams, no?

sbahnhof and blissett repped this.
  23. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Is OL also interested in Lisa Evans?

Lechus7 repped this.
  24. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Apparently Miedema does not want to extend her contract, so Arsenal have to sell to prevent her from going on a free next year. It is clearly a business decision.

blissett, Ethan Frank and L'orange repped this.
  25. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    Where'd you hear this? I think Montemurro's departure has unsettled the team, not surprisingly. Arsenal also have two Aussie players--Foord and Catley--who I'm sure signed with the club in large part because of fellow Aussie Montemurro.