News: The Transfer thread

Discussion in 'Women's International' started by Stokstaartje95, Aug 29, 2020.

1. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #226 Lechus7, Mar 9, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 9, 2022

For 3 months before she will join Eintracht in the Summer.

2. tjabba92

tjabba92 Member

Arsenal
    Sweden
    Jan 12, 2022
    BK Häcken's dutch keeper Loes Geurts recently announced a pregnancy leave of absence and as a result the club has hastily acquired Northern Ireland's keeper Jacqueline Burns on a Bosman transfer.

JanBalk and sbahnhof repped this.
  3. tjabba92

tjabba92 Member

Arsenal
    Sweden
    Jan 12, 2022
    cooney-nevin.jpg
    Signed thru the 2023 season. Will definitely put the pressure on Rosengård and Häcken...

4. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw

JanBalk and sbahnhof repped this.
  5. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    #230 Lechus7, Mar 20, 2022
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2022

Huge signing for ABB Fomget KFT as those are arguably the best four players from Ukraine NT.

Fomget club already qualifiied for Turkey WSL champioship playoffs.

blissett repped this.
  6. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw

sbahnhof and blissett repped this.
  7. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw

8. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw

blissett and L'orange repped this.
  9. Lohmann

Lohmann Member+

Arminia Bielefeld
    Germany
    Feb 24, 2020
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Lechus7 repped this.
  10. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Last year, it seemed like a good number of strong US players were transferring to Europe to play. Now, it seems like a good number of strong Euro and Asian players are transferring to the US to play. I am wondering why these ebbs and flows.

11. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw

blissett repped this.
  12. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw

Lohmann repped this.
  13. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
  14. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Rumour has it that Miedema will sign for Barca within the next two weeks.

blissett repped this.
  15. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    I was rather hoping that Miedema wouldn't do this. As super-talented as she is, can she make Barca any better than it is now? That would be hard, given that Barca not only routs everybody in the Spanish league but routs the other top clubs in the world. Maybe Lyon can challenge them--we'll see soon enough--but nobody else has come close. So in that sense adding Miedema just seems overkill. A super-setback for Arsenal but one has got the sense that club has been preparing for it.

SiberianThunderT and blissett repped this.
  16. WoSoFan

WoSoFan Member

Dec 23, 2017
    There was rumor last season that Lyon was interested in Miedema, not sure if they are still.

Unless one of their top scorers Macario(21), Malard(16), or Ada Hegerberg(14) are on the move, Lyon doesn’t really need her. Where they need help is on the backline. Rumor has it that Renard and Buchanan are moving on.

blissett repped this.
  17. Bauser

Bauser Member+

Dec 23, 2000
    Norway
    Club:
    Fredrikstad FK
    If that's true, then I suppose Jenni Hermoso is on her way out. I don't think any of them would accept a rotation role at this stage of their careers.

blissett repped this.
  18. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Yes, Hermoso is heading to NWSL.

blissett and Bauser repped this.
  19. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Arsenal is striking back. Miedema has been offered 1 year extension to her contract (supposedly with higher pay).

20. shlj

shlj Member+

Apr 16, 2007
    London
    Club:
    FC Nantes
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    One year is not bad for all parties, if she is unhappy with the team she goes next year on a free and if she is happy she can extend again.

blissett and Lechus7 repped this.
  21. cpthomas

cpthomas BigSoccer Supporter

Portland Thorns
    United States
    Jan 10, 2008
    Portland, Oregon
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Do you know which NWSL team?

22. Lechus7

Lechus7 Member+

Aug 31, 2011
    Wroclaw
    Nope. Well anyway it's all only a rumour. Last mention about her possible NWSL transfer is from April this year.
    She has "received offers from NWSL teams" in summer 2021 but said at the time that "continuing at Barça remains a priority, as long as she is valued by the club."

She's 32, competition in Barca is fierce so my guess it's about the money at this point.

cpthomas repped this.
  23. L'orange

L'orange Member+

Ajax
    Netherlands
    Jul 20, 2017
    Ha: I would have thought Arsenal would have made her a lucrative, multi-year extension offer months ago! A one year extension with some sort of pay raise is the absolute least they could do--assuming they are serious about trying to win the Champions League. I would think one factor is whether or not Miedema wants to keep on playing the 10 role for Eidevall.

24. WoSoFan

WoSoFan Member

Dec 23, 2017
    There may now be some truth that Buchanan is headed to Real Madrid after all. She has basically been a mainstay on their backline leading Lyon in minutes played. She did not start the last 2 games, and in the last pivotal match against PSG, only played 5 minutes. In their last game she didn’t even play. Rumor was that Renard was getting various offers, but now has signed till 2026. Could be with the Buchanan situation, Lyon made her a better offer, one she could not resist.

25. tjabba92

tjabba92 Member

Arsenal
    Sweden
    Jan 12, 2022
    If there is any truth to the rumors, I'm pretty sure it's Viv dictating the terms. I think she wants to give it another year to see if Arsenal can win som trophies. She's said for awhile that she wants to play the 10 position and Eidevall has accommodated her, brought in an accomplished 9 in Blackstenius and has strengthened the backline with Rafaelle and Wienroither. They secured Catley but they need to secure Foord and add a player or two to the mix as well.