The thread where it is legal to behave like a cry baby!

Discussion in 'Russia, Ukraine, Belarus, & the former Soviet Repu' started by goliath74, Jul 11, 2010.

1. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Hollywood, FL, United States
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Whaaaaaaaa! Why did you have to close the WC thread before I have had my say on the final?? Whaaaaa!

2. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Whaaaa! How was I so blind not to see the postmortem board?

Moderators: you're free to delete this thread. Unless, of course, you're sadistic sons of b*tches and get off on leaving this thread hanging around to torture me.

3. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :) hmmmmm.....

4. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    maybe we can move the jemelle hill rant here

5. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I hate Mondays.

6. LokomotivZee

LokomotivZee Member

Aug 28, 2009
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I predict big things for myself in this thread when KU football does miserably.

7. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I hate Ghana

8. Devioux

Devioux New Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    I can't believe Forlan got the Golden Ball -_- was this awarded before the final?

There should be a rule saying if you're on the shortlist and you score a goal with 2 minutes to go in extra time you should win it

9. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Can't believe you don't think Forlan didn't deserve it. He had 7 straight spectacular games, pure magic from him each time. I was convinced he wouldn't get it cause they would do what you are implying they should've done. Iniesta is one of, if not my favorite player the past few seasons, and he was the difference maker in all 4 goals of Spain's 1-0 wins in the knockout stage. But he was not nearly as in form as Forlan, Forlan was the definition of a true #10, leading a team nobody picked to get out of the group stage into the semifinal....and rightfully awarded player of the tournament. Great job by the voters on this one, sorry my friend no way anyone but Forlan deserved it.

10. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Iniesta was one of about 5 superstars on a team full of stars. Uruguay's strategy consisted of defend and let Forlan do something. They got to the semifinals basically on his back.

11. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Him and the guy with the handball.

12. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    and Suares' hand, otherwise, not even Forlan would help them advance past Ghana...

13. Devioux

Devioux New Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Suarez did as much as Forlan

14. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    lol

15. Devioux

Devioux New Member

May 6, 2010
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkRCQJrebGc"]YouTube- World Cup 2010 Day Sixteen Best Goal of The Day - Luis Suarez[/ame]

lol

Forlan was great but I also believe Suarez racked up 3 goals and they weren't because of Forlan. Against Holland Forlan had as I recall 2 good shots from a distance but he didn't make a huge impact without Suarez.

Against South Korea(the first real challenge) he provided the cross for Suarez but that was just horrible play but the SK defenders and a great finish by Suarez. The second goal was all Suarez. His 3rd goal was the winning goal in the Mexico game.

16. FootyFan365

FootyFan365 Member

Jun 23, 2008
    Indy
    Club:
    FC Dnipro Dnipropetrovsk
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    Forlan was magical, Suarez was good. Could have had like 5 assists if teammates finished the chances he created for them. While many a times times you can see Forlan showing his frustration when Suarez chose the wrong option in attack, on the other hand Forlan seemingly always made the right decisions, played practically 7 flawless games. In the 3rd place game alone he should have had 2 assists. One was a pass to Suarez where only maybe 5 players in world are smart enough to find that pass. Suarez didn't finish, and didn't finish a 2nd time when Forlan played Cavanni through on goal and missed the target. Suarez is a great finisher, Forlan is just a much more complete player.

Forlan didn't struggle without Suarez, he just wasn't allowed to play behind 2 strikers in the #10 role and instead was used higher up the pitch with only Cavanni to create chances for instead of 2 strikers.

btw, Forlan was involved in the Mexico goal, he linked the ball from the back and played Cavanni through to cross to Suarez. Just like Iniesta, nobody will notice he created all 4 goals for Spain in the knockout rds with only 1 being on the stat sheet :)

17. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pulling this thread back on topic, I hate people who do pointless facebook updates, like... "omg it's raining today, am so bummered"

18. LokomotivZee

LokomotivZee Member

Aug 28, 2009
    KC
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm broke. Its bullshit. This whole 'lean years' thing can kiss my bollocks. I'm going to join the National Guard so I'm not poor any more.

19. yasik19

yasik19 Moderator
    Staff Member

Chelsea
    Ukraine
    Oct 21, 2004
    Daly City
    I just ate too many sunflower seeds and my stomach hurts.

20. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    watchout for dehydration and constipation

21. Drake44444

Drake44444 Member

Jul 5, 2008
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    on the bright side, Luch beat Grozny in the Russian cup. 4-0 even! and terek grozny is pretty good. one step closer to european football in the east

22. goliath74

goliath74 Member

May 24, 2006
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Nat'l Team:
    Ukraine
    I totally have to get up for work in less than 5 hours but i can't sleep.

Too excited about Ukrainian clubs' start in the UEFA competitions tomorrow. Why? Who knows.

23. Real Corona

Real Corona Member+

Jan 19, 2008
    Colorado
    Club:
    FC Metalist Kharkiv
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am on a four day vacation to the Olympic peninsula for some hiking and kayaking and on the 2nd day I sprained my ankle severely. I literally hopped for .7 miles. It took me an hour an a half. :mad: