The "Thoughts That Don't Require Their Own Thread" Thread XII

Discussion in 'New England Revolution' started by msilverstein47, Feb 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    You go, Rob -

836627645009911808 is not a valid tweet id

dncm and VTSoccerFan repped this.
  3. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    swedust, msilverstein47, dncm and 2 others repped this.
  4. patfan1

patfan1 Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 19, 1999
    Nashua, NH
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    pwykes repped this.
  5. dncm

dncm Member+

Apr 22, 2003
    Boston
    Thank Heavens!!!! I heard it today on Siriux XM Jason Davis show and thought I would have to transcribe it (like I have done in the past) - so glad someone else did in a nice clean way. Thansk for finding and posting!

And glad to see because of what he said - it generated some serious interest in the "intra-web" :confused:

6. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    At the Dc United stadium ground breaking, Garber said this about NE. Of course the running joke after he said this is that he will never retire :)

==========================

“Our league needed one of its most historic — if not its most historic team — to be a frontrunner as opposed to being one of those teams that just couldn’t get it done,” Garber said.

“So we have one more to do in New England,” Garber said, smiling. “I think that’s the one where I might hang up the cleats, at that groundbreaking.”

swedust and firstshirt repped this.
  7. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Commissioner for Life!

Crooked repped this.
  8. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    Jon Martin, a517dogg and msilverstein47 repped this.
  9. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    VTSoccerFan, BERich and RevsLiverpool repped this.
  10. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #11 firstshirt, Mar 1, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2017
    Rob is spot on. Unfortunately it will take people not showing up to the games for the team to change its way of doing business. Way too many fans that talk the talk but not walk the walk for that to happen. I personally would love to have a town hall meeting with Kraft, Burns and Billelo and just lay into them. Put them on the spot. its been what 5 years now since they said we should have a ground breaking in 12-24 months? 3-5 tam level players will be signed this year! We know we sucked and we are going to fix that ! last year was not acceptable! Horse shit. They spew crap we want to hear and then do the same shit. They didn't leave all these spots open on the roster because they want to wait and see. They did it because the are incompetent and could not find players that actually want to come here and be able to sign them to a contract.
    To coin a phrase from all those candy ass cry baby democrats "NOT MY OWNERS!!!, NOT MY FRONT OFFICE!!!!!!!"

12. VTSoccerFan

VTSoccerFan Member+

New England Revolution, Vermont Catamounts, NCFC
    United States
    Jun 28, 2002
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Rob Stone should act as the moderator/host.

RevsLiverpool repped this.
  13. VTSoccerFan

VTSoccerFan Member+

United States
    Jun 28, 2002
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had a brief twitter conversation with Julian Cardillo last night. He stated that some local media (Julian, FDA, Bent Musket, and NE SoccerToday) have been saying the same things for years, but that they do not have ESPN/SiriusXM/Fox as a megaphone.

Do others agree with this? The only other article I have ever seen that openly challenges the Krafts handling of the Revs was the "The Krafts are the worst owners in MLS" article.

If the press ignores things, then things are allowed to continued unchallenged. The Boston soccer press (whatever that is), MLS press, and US soccer press have all ignored many aspects of the Kraft's stewardship of the Revs (for at least a decade) which has allowed the status quo to persist unchallenged.

14. VTSoccerFan

VTSoccerFan Member+

United States
    Jun 28, 2002
    Cary, NC
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. firstshirt

firstshirt Member+

Bayern München
    United States
    Mar 1, 2000
    Ellington, CT / NK, RI
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    on a side note our new player's wife is a babe

16. ToMhIlL

ToMhIlL Member+

Feb 18, 1999
    Boxborough, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, the article soft-pedals it just like it was described a few posts back. If these people have allegedly been critical of the Krafts, I haven't seen it. But NEST misses the point by a wide margin and is again making excuses for our apathetic ownership.

Yes, it is extremely difficult to build a stadium in Boston proper, we've gone over that more times than anyone can recall. But the real issue is that they aren't really trying. Sure, they'll build it if the city/stade/whoever gives them free land and pays for the stadium, but that ain't gonna happen. We will be in Gillette until the Patriots decide it's "obsolete" in 15 or so years.

It is not about them spending a gajillion dollars on DPs like the Galaxy and a few others do. It's about them trying to play "moneyball," which requires you to be smarter and harder working than the big spenders, but we have people who are lazy, C+ level intelligence. It's either one or the other, and we do neither.

The Krafts are on cruise control. Yes, the team is OK to the point that we get decent enough attendance and we'll never be as bad as the 1999 Metros, 2001 Mutiny, or 2004 Chivas, but we will never be leaders in anything, well, except budgetary compliance.

17. RevsLiverpool

RevsLiverpool Member+

Nov 12, 2005
    Boston
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tom did you mean 2014 Chivas USA? They didn't hit the field until the 2005 season.

18. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
    Same here.

So, Brad is sporting a new look - shaved head. Looks like hair is still there (shadow is visible), so I am guessing it was a choice, as opposed to a medical condition.

That being said, Brad did not look well to me. Maybe just the lighting, but looked more to me like possible illness. Sunken eyes, looked rather pale/grey.

Does anyone know if Brad is dealing with a medical situation? I hope not - but I was thinking maybe I had missed news of it, if so.

[Apologies, Brad, if you were just tired and/or victim of poor lighting.]

19. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    NFLPatriot repped this.
  20. KevinUtd

KevinUtd New Member

Nov 15, 2016
    Boston
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually dropped two spots thanks to expansion

Crooked and Andy_B repped this.
  21. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    VTSoccerFan repped this.
  22. Andy_B

Andy_B Member+

Feb 2, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It is so depressing to read about all of the training facilities around the league and the Revs
    response is "we have a dedicated grass field" :(

23. A Casual Fan

A Casual Fan Member+

Mar 22, 2000
  24. BERich

BERich Member+

Feb 3, 2012
    New England
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Grant Walh is always - they don't have a SSS, they're not ambitious. Let's start with the obvious, they don't have a complete roster, they don't have a USL affiliate, to say nothing about having a Revs II playing in the USL. I would like to see these short falls taken care of first; then everybody can hammer them on a stadium.
    I see in the breakdown that they hired 15 new staff members in the past year. Maybe that's where they carry the end of the roster players. :)

Crooked, VTSoccerFan, pwykes and 2 others repped this.
  25. NFLPatriot

NFLPatriot Member+

Jun 25, 2002
    Foxboro, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States