The Swamp Thing

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by K, Aug 4, 2002.

1. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
  4. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    Just under 5 days until kickoff!!! Who's gonna be in the Swamp to see Phase 1 of DC dumping the Donkeys out of the playoffs??

I can't wait. Is it Sunday yet?

5. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    I'm there. The Goals of the 2002 WC video came today. Will have it on the bus.

Dave

6. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    Bump. Looks like I might be able to make it to the Swamp - if mi mujer agrees to visit her folks in NYC and, oh yeah, catch the match on our way out of town. Are game tix in the section still available? (Guess I should write the folks in charge of that, but I'm lazy, and not ready to purchase yet.)

7. Bison1997

Bison1997 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 30, 2001
    RFK - Lot 8
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll be there as well. Should be a lot of fun.

8. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just send an email to roadtrips@screaming-eagles.com when you're ready to purchase your tix.

K

9. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've got daily requests for seats so don't wait too long

K

10. liverbird

liverbird BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 29, 2000
    Mars
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    I'm there, dude.

I have placed my order, and will be there in the stands, though not on the bus, which is too bad, because I was going to bring my 100 Great Liverpool Goals video and a roll of duct tape for Rev, just to see if a little "Clockwork Orange"-style conditioning could turn him away from the Dark Side. ;)

Anyone know how many tickets have been sold thus far? Anyone from La Norte making the trek?

12. entropy

entropy Member

Aug 31, 2000
    People's Republic of Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    I'll see everyone in the stands as well. I'm driving up a few days early and staying a day afterwards.

Will we have a bass drum among us? This is crucial. If our usual drummers aren't able to make the trip, I volunteer to take up the duty, though I'd need to borrow someone's drum.

13. Victory

Victory Member

Sep 20, 2000
    RFK LOT 8
    I am in, but it is an odd feeling. It is hard to get excited about going to the swamp...I mean it smells and is a horrible place.

14. GDopplerXT

GDopplerXT Member

Jun 12, 2001
    DC Area
    I think you have to sign up by COB today if you want to be on the bus to the Swamp on Sunday. If you're on the fence, then you should get off it and sign up for the trip. :D

This could be our most important game of the season, and I certainly am not going to miss it! Is it Sunday yet?

15. EdTheRed

EdTheRed Member+

Feb 6, 2001
    Loose On The Town
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Cook Islands
    How many tickets sold?

As we approach the COB deadline for ticket orders, could we get a count of how many were sold? I'm just curious as to how many of us will be there.

16. K

K BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 16, 1999
    DC, Fake America
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: How many tickets sold?

On Wed it was near 40 (I haven't spoken to the Roadtrip King since then) so it could be more than that now.

K

17. etcheverrito

etcheverrito New Member

Jun 12, 2001
    the heartland of NOV
    Hey Jay,
    go down to fair city mall in farifax, there's a military store there, they got gas masks...19 bucks!
    NO camera duty tomorrow so that means I get to stand with you all and cause havoc! I miss being a fan from time to time!

18. Victory

Victory Member

Sep 20, 2000
    RFK LOT 8
    Sunday.....not tommorow....Sunday. Just a friendly reminder. So what should te beverage selection be.

19. Sandy

Sandy New Member

Mar 31, 1999
    Suffern, NY
    I'll be driving up from the Pikesville area at the same time. Please hang you banner where I can see it, so I can be sure I'm cutting off the right bus :D

20. etcheverrito

etcheverrito New Member

Jun 12, 2001
    the heartland of NOV
    I'll bring a couple of guinness packs and Ice blue...chips dips, don't know...
    Oh Sandy, we'll be riding into the stadium with the Metrostars logo in front:)