The Surreal Life v 5.0

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by MLSNHTOWN, Jul 12, 2005.

1. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    Let me get it started. I can't turn off the train wreck.

Balky is a dirty old man who thinks all the woman will have sex with him.
    The first supermodel is a drama queen who was hamming it up for tv time.
    Peppa is cool, but I still think she is a dude.
    The blond chick and motorcyclist are laid back which by comparison to the rest of the crew makes them dull and boring.
    Omarosa is a pretentious biznitch, doesn't matter the show.
    Jose has one heck of a backstory (wife beater, assualt, prison time, the steroids book, etc.)

This season loooks nutty, but I also think you are beginning to see the "real world" effect. Others trying to use the show to springboard into other things, instead of just being a couple of celebrities coming together and doing some crazy crap for however long. I mean, if Flavor Flav and Brigette Nielson can get a show out of it, the rest of the cast has to think that it can.

PS I know I should be shot for starting this thread and/or watching this show.

2. DJAnimosity

DJAnimosity Member

Aug 15, 2001
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think this will be the "zaniest!" season yet. Janice Dickinson and Omarosa have the potential to make life miserable for the rest of the guests.

Balki is just bizarre...he's got Ron Jeremy's body and dresses like Jimmy Buffett. And thinks he can get "da ladies" with no trouble. I'm interested in seeing how far he takes this "perv" routine.

I have a feeling the motocross dood will play the Marcus Schenkenberg role for this season--he's the houseguest that you will consistently forget is actually on the show.

I have no idea who "Caprice" is, but she's hot enough, I guess.

Jose is the wild card--he could be really good, or really lame. I'd like to see him get into a fight with Balki.

Oh, and based on Janice Dickinson's comments...could we see a Pepa-Janice lesbian scene this season?

3. MLSNHTOWN

MLSNHTOWN Member+

Oct 27, 1999
    Houston, TX
    By the way, Lucky is the star of the show right now. Got to love the three legged dog.

4. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca
    that Janice whore is a horrible, horrible human being. i would pay 500 bucks for the chance to dropkick her in the teeth.

5. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd pay $1000 to do that to Omarosa. I'm surprised she hasn't screamed "racism" yet.

6. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One of the main differences between this version and the previous two versions is the lack of a "normal guy/father figure" (i.e. David Coulier in v 3.0 and Christopher Knight in v 4.0).

After only two episodes, v 5.0 is already shaping up to be more interesting than v 4.0, though it remains to be seen if it can live up to v 3.0. :)

-G

7. Crimen y Castigo

May 18, 2004
    OakTown
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm really disappointed in you guys.

You should both really re-examine your outlook on life, because I'm sure you could get quite few people to pay you to kick those people in the teeth. It'd be like a Jerry Lewis telethon, with a big board counting up the highest bidders.

Fox is the obvious candidate for televising the telethon and the eventual teeth-kicking -- but don't overlook cable outlets like Spike or A&E where you could get a bigger cut of the profits.

I'm just here to help.

8. guamster

guamster Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    Winnetka, CA
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Guam
    For me, the biggest surprise of this season is that Omarosa is NOT the least likable "character" on this show...so far. I had never heard of Janice before this show and in some ways, I wish that was still true.

9. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca

the most "normal" guy on there is the motocross dude with sheetloads of tats. i think that's pretty funny

10. jec1

jec1 Member

Sporting Clube de Portugal
    Portugal
    Aug 27, 2004
    Los Angeles ATM
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    someone told me that canseco was a different person on this show

11. scaryice

scaryice Member

Jan 25, 2001
    Omarosa is the most annoying person, I can't watch her.

12. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's hard to tell sometimes how much of Omarosa's unlikableness is real and how much of it is an act (when asked about it on NBC's Fear Factor with none of the other contestants around, she admitted to the host that "it helps pay the bills"), but Janice really does seem totally unlikable. :eek:

-G

13. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, but as DJAnimosity correctly stated, he seems to be more of the "normal/quiet guy" ala Marcus Schenkenberg from v 4.0 rather than the "normal guy/father figure".

It seems that the show's producers purposely left one out this time around so that there'll be no one to stop the eventual fur from flying. :D

-G

14. rayado#1

rayado#1 New Member

Jul 16, 2005
    Ft.Worth
    i cant believe that Janice called those people retards to their face
    i was shocked :eek:

15. sangreazul

sangreazul Member

Nov 17, 2003
    Belmont, CA
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I personally have never seen Omarosa before and knew her strictly from what other people say about her as well as her image. I was expecting her to live up to that image she has created (who knows, she still may.) However, I was surprised at how she handled and dealt with the mentally challenged. It showed her in a different light that I was expecting ...

16. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    What does that mean?

17. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Omarosa worked at rental office of my gf's highrise apartments (they thought it was funny when she was saying all the stuff about working at White Hous... well Arlington is just across river :) ) and rest of staff thought she was rl bitch there too, that was before the aprentice hehe

18. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I finally saw the latest episode I'd recorded on my DVR (I had a busy weekend).

If her behavior on the show is a true indication, then oh man is Janice unpleasant (to say the least)! :(

Judging by the preview for next week's episode, Omarosa doesn't seem too far behind, so much so that even laid-back Cory Hart gets in her face to back off. :eek:

-G

19. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This week's episode had the gang building a play area out of a barren backyard for a battered women & children center... and had to be finished by 5pm that day.

Omarosa was put in charge but the group fell behind quickly. Cory Hart then stepped up to lead the group (much to Omarosa's chagrin) and everything was barely finished on time.

Next week: Cory Hart shows everyone his dirtbiking before they try it themselves, and Caprice puts on a fashion show.

-G

20. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Omarosa proves yet again that The Donald took way too long to fire her ass.

21. Ray Luca

Ray Luca BigSoccer Yellow Card

Feb 2, 2005
    I have seen whore houses that look better then the place they live in.

I like the dog with the three legs good name Lucky :-()

I like the blonde why isn't anyone f ing her?

That's all I can think of can't think of anything more, the show over all is a bore.

22. servotron

servotron New Member

Mar 4, 2004
    St Paul, MN
    I think this show did itself in. They didn't wait long enough between seasons, and I ended up not watching a single episode so far. I just didn't care about it, and didn't have enough time to get to care. Plus I can't STAND at least two of the stars, Conseco and Amaroso (sp? on both)

23. DeftlyApt

DeftlyApt New Member

Jul 27, 2005
    all the people on the show are totally nuts...

24. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca
    i hate when Janice says she's a supermodel. Hank Aaron doesn't play baseball.... he played baseball. this beeotch was a model like 25 years ago.

25. Claymore

Claymore Member

Jul 9, 2000
    Montgomery Vlg, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ..and she looks like she's had a few too many botox shots, collagen injections and God knows what else since then. If you require a team of makeup and hair stylists just to get up in the morning, it's generally not a good sign.