The Status of our players, league, and Bolivian Futbol In General

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by Bolivianfuego, Nov 12, 2008.

1. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^Its not really back street, obviously you hold bruce arena, and the whole USSF process in high regard, but he has a chance to make a name for homself in latin america, and maybe could become a great coaching making a career over there coaching big teams in argentina, chile, colombia, etc.

He has the name.

Now if he went the MLS/USSF route, he'd be basically pigeon holed into taking small roles as an assistent in the MLS, or as a U20 coach here, etc. He got a taste under rongen when they went to South America, and i am sure he knew he didnt want a part of that.

He feels he is a head coach i believe, and much rather try his luck at that then being someones lackey (sp).

Do some research dude, he has given it a shot, as I mentioned using his rongen connection.

2. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC

EDIT: I'm obviously joking. Just realized how inappropriate this post was. Etch is a Legend and has earned the fine reputation the man has.

3. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    ^^^Ding Ding Ding! You win as the first person to make my ignore list! Congrats!

4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    You guys need to think before you post. If anyone wants a post deleted or edited, drop me a PM.

5. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Guys? I think your just refering to me bud. Yeah, I didn't find anything else as stupid as what I wrote in my last post in this thread.

6. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    LOL, what have you been drinking today?

Personal attacks on players are pretty lame, I know you were joking but calling Etch or any other player names just for the hell of it is pretty low.

7. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Sadly, I wasn't drinking. Just wasn't thinking. The cons of multitasking. When I saw Fuegos post, I was like "yeah, I Fked up".

8. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Fixed.....let's move on.

9. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    SOOOOooo, where is Carlos Arze going? Is he even training any more in Bolivia?

Is Hoyos really back from Israel? I saw one article about that, but wasn't sure. I thought he got pretty decent reviews in his first game as a sub.

10. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I dont know what's up with Hoyos, I read that he was back, and then there was the article saying he did well as a sub. I checked their roster and he's not there, but the guy that signed the same day with him daniel derider is there. Hopefully a Hapoel fan will be able to tell us.

11. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I believe it had something to do with not enough foreigner slots to accommodate Hoyos. Yes, you would think they'd have that figured out before hand but who knows how it really went down. Could be spin for all we know.

12. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Wasnt melgar before??? Hmmm.... after he steps down, I nominate Alvaro Pena!

14. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yep! That sounds about right, thats the next WC!

16. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Good Luck with that one. I cheer for Bolivia win or lose.

17. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hes just trying to be reasonable and realistic at the same time..looking at our youth and promising players...it looks perfect for 2013..BUT i root for them to the game v mexico to 2090:cool:

18. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    A friend pointed this out to me:

My first World Cup, the delirious spectacle of Argentina 1978, was played in the consumer dark ages. Sports manufacturers had yet to wise up to the fact that impressionable 7-year-olds like me would pay good coin to cloak ourselves in the garb of our idols. To diffuse my frustration, my mother purchased an orange nylon phys ed shirt, and used a sewing needle to emblazon the breast pocket with the words "Dutch Power" in crude, white cotton stitching. By the time my Dutch heroes had fallen in the finals, the shirt had shrunk to my midriff, and the stitching, long unpicked, had become frayed, fuzzy and illegible.
    I was not alone, and once the apparel companies realized there were thousands of potential consumers like me, their polyester master works flooded sports stores worldwide. From this point on, the creation of every World Cup soccer shirt posed a peculiar design challenge: The jersey had to look sensational on the bodies of some of the most highly paid athletes in the world, fire up the imaginations of pre-teens and flatter the beer bellies of the legions of fans who wore them to cheer on the team from the stands.
    On Monday, we saluted the designers who squared the circle and clad their teams in visual masterpieces. But today we will look at those who wilted under the pressure, defacing traditional designs by becoming infatuated with fleeting trends as opposed to classic style, replacing the inspired with the insipid, or confusing the gracious and the garish.
    In these worst-case scenarios, the manufacturers now rely on the razzmatazz surrounding the shirts' launch, hoping few will notice the misconceived design. It is a sign of our age that the unveiling of new strips has become almost as hotly an anticipated event as the announcement of the World Cup squad itself. Umbro recently revealed England's World Cup alternate jersey via one such poorly thought-out concept. British indie rockers Kasabian were enlisted to debut the red away shirt during the encore of a concert, but the gig was in Paris ("away" from home), and the marketers had clearly not factored in the response of the Gallic audience. They received the dramatic unveiling with a bawdy crescendo of boos.
    Before we take a walk down the catwalk of shame, I doff my cap to behemoth Nike for the interesting touch it has employed in the name of securing competitive advantage for the nine shirts it contributed to the World Cup this year (which include Brazil, the Netherlands and the United States). Each shirt contains recycled garbage in the form of eight plastic bottles. Nike estimates more than 13 million bottles have been recovered from landfills to accomplish this feat. An interesting flourish for lovers of subtext or for truth in advertising. Nike's shirts in this World Cup are, to borrow an English phrase, quite literally rubbish.
    Here is a Hall of Horrors from the past 80 years of World Cup style featuring 10 designs which should have been left on the cuttings pile:

1. Bolivia 1930

[​IMG]Bob Thomas/Popperfoto/Getty Images

The first design is a finger in the eye for those who like to bemoan how simple the good old days were. Long before the dawn of television, agents or even highly choreographed goal celebrations, bad-taste shirts were a feature of the World Cup finals. Bolivia arrived without ever having won an international fixture and perhaps in an effort to curry favor, attempted to salute its hosts by wearing jerseys each bearing a single letter spelling out "VIVA URUGUAY." However, the team could not quite get its choreography together and, during the course of two appearances in which it leaked eight goals without finding the net once, really appeared more like an alphabet soup.

19. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    What does this have to do with the STATUS OF OUR PLAYERS ??

20. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Hahahahaha.

Awwwww.... thats sort of sad yet funny. I mean our nation was nothing, and it just shows our humility and how welcoming a nation and people we are, that at that time we'd have worn a country's name on our shirts purely based on being thankful to being invited to the first world cup.

21. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    How is it going for Ronald Raldes? I remember that he was once rumoured to Aris and i checked out some of his games when he was in Argentina and he was really good. Which position does he prefer, centerback or rightback?

And how is it going for Nacho Garcias little brother? Nacho himself once said that he is quite good but of course he can't say anything else hehehe

22. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Nachos little brother, or Nachito as we call him, is in a pretty messed up position right now in his career.

He was once rumored to go to you guys, which IMO would have been a GREAT move, but his agent talked too much crap in his head making him think he was worth alot more then what you guys were offering. You guys never brought him along, so he was a free agent. He had no teams interested, so he signed with Aurora a smaller bolivian side to continue his playing time. He at the time was with bolivar, but was getting used as a sub because his form dropped also.

Anyways after signing for Aurora he got an offer from russia, as their transfer window doesnt close til' April I think. Aurora didnt want to let him go, and the russian team were ready to pay for him a transfer fee, but nothing came to fruition and Aurora ended up keeping him and holding him because of the contract he signed, and the russian team backed off.

Since then I havent heard much of him playing for Aurora, and probably rotting on the bench as punishment.

Raldes is playing in Israel, and frmo what we read he is doing very well at Maccabi Tel Aviv, which I Think is one of the top 3 teams over there. He apparently has earned himself the title as one of the best defenders in the league, as his team is very happy with him.

He could play centrally, or on the outside right, because he has good skills with the ball at his feet and can pass and run up and down the flank like a midfielder, but his defensive tackling is second to none in our bolivian NT. He is just the ultimate defender.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CSedHceC868"]YouTube- Ronald Raldes Parte 2[/ame]

You can see his best highlights on this video.

23. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Thanks for the info :) I hope Nachito can find his way again.

I would really like to see Ronald Raldes in Aris but I think its hard now cause I guess he is earning big money in Israel. Im watching the NT of Bolivia sometimes when they play cause of Nacho and I have seen a bit of upgoing form the last years. Some very good players coming out of there. I mean players like Marcelo Moreno. I saw him sometimes when he was playing in Brazil cause I have sort of a "connection" to Brazil so I use to watch loads of brazilian games.

I would really like to see players like Moreno and Raldes in Aris but at the moment we dont have that kind of economic muscles to bring them. If we play well in Europe a couple of years in a row though it should be possible to bring those kind of players.

I remember that we once brought a other bolivian player with our last president, he was called Guttierez and was a fat little offensive midfielder hehe, but he didn't pass the physical tests so he was sent back.

24. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Yea I remember that. He actually was in very good shape for when he went to the club hahaha Well at least for him, good shape. Limberg Gutierrez.

He got fat when he came back.

It turned out he has some partially torn tendon or something in his knee, but claims it never bothered him. He has had the injury for probably almost his whole career. The same thing caused him to not get signed by Nacional of Uruguay when he was on loan with them for a period. He played really well for them, and wasnt so 'heavy' then. He was about the same shape as when he showed up to trial with you guys/sign possibly.

He was a good player, his FKs are BOMBS and when he was younger and thinner he could dribble through people and play like a distributor. Now though, at 31 and very overweight for a professional, his career is basically over.

As for Raldes, I think you guys could get him (not to mention get Nacho to talk to him, as you guys are playing Europa league or possibly Champ. League), he isnt THAT expensive... but now that he is in israel for sure he got more expensive. There were rumors of him going back to argentina, but they refused to let him go, as his contract ends this summer.

Who knows, if Aris play their cards right maybe he can come on a free transfer? But god konws what he would want for Salary, maybe 400-500k euro yearly, which is a little high for a defender... i'd assume. He earned 800k USD in Saudia Arabia when he played there for a couple of months, and probably 300-400k in mexico with Cruz Azul, so before he went to Israel he wasnt out of your guys range.... now maybe though... But for sure he is pure quality, seeing how there are still VERY GOOD teams in argentina like Banfield that wanted him to solidify their backline. They are in the final 16 of the Copa Libertadores and thats what they wanted him for.

25. Imperador3

Imperador3 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    Club:
    Aris Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Aris have a dificult situation right now with Cristian Nasuti. He made a great season and we want to buy him from River Plate cause he is just on loan now. He wants to stay aswell so I think we will keep him. The only problem is that River Plate have economic problems and they can surely sell him to a other european club for a higher fee. So if we manage to keep him I think Raldes would be a bit expensive cause we are about to renew Ronaldos contract for another year too. So if we can't keep Nasuti then Raldes would be a great option.

We are about to get a new sponsorship that is rumoured to give us good money. And we have great people in the club that knows the market inside out. For me it would be a great option to keep our 2 centerbacks and sign Raldes aswell cause we will have loads of games next season with league, cup and european games. So Raldes and Ronaldo could share one spot for one season cause Ronaldo will probably retire next year. But that would be quite hard to have 3 expensive centerbacks.

Anyway its just speculations, let's wait until the summer to see what señor Cuper decides.

I hope you will watch the big game tomorrow against paok, with a win I think we are very close to first place and the next years Champions League