The Starting 11

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by ArtemioD, Jun 12, 2006.

1. ArtemioD

ArtemioD Member+

Jun 2, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Guys I just got this from La Gazzetta :

Buffon; Zaccardo, Nesta, Cannavaro, Grosso; Perrotta, Pirlo, De Rossi; Totti; Gilardino, Toni.

This lineup looks great other than Zaccardo. What do you guys think?

2. Tottino

Tottino Member+

Mar 19, 2005
    Frosinone, Italia
    Club:
    AS Roma
    i like it! Totti De Rossi Perrota know how to play with eachother, this will be a good lineup.

3. 'Uaglio

'Uaglio Member+

Jun 8, 2004
    NYC
    No...it sucks.

There is no wing play in that lineup. Totti Perrotta and De Rossi have Mancini for them at Roma. Here there is nothing on the wing. I hate this.

If you want to play Perrotta that bad. Pull Pirlo...let De Rossi run the middle (like he does at Roma)...and put in Camoranesi so we get wing play.

Ghana's strength is up the middle ..their weakness is on the wings. We need width out there! :mad:

4. gerson70

gerson70 New Member

Feb 20, 2006
    i hope it works.....it looks like italy goes with the totti as playmaker strategy again, for the millionth time (I think they would go with this strategy even if totti had two broken legs)...i would have liked to have seen del piero and camoranesi in the mix...but i guess they can always bring them in.....a big positive is not having gattuso in the lineup...he is a hack...and his lack of skill would be exposed at this level.....

5. vincep5

vincep5 Member

Jun 19, 2005
    are u kidding me. Gattuso is the only player out there that really puts in 120%effort on every play. Yeah hes gonna foul, but his pressure disrupts the opponents flow.

6. Forzaabruzzo

Forzaabruzzo Member+

Apr 19, 2006

Then when he gets the ball on his foot there's no flow at all!! De Rossi and Perrotta proved today that they are both more capable midfielders. They were both heavily involved in both the attack and on defense, and they both supplied sufficient creativity when needed. Leave Gattuso on the bench.

7. IlRomanoItaliano

IlRomanoItaliano New Member

Jun 7, 2006
    Roma
    Everyone who has seen Roma play through out this season's Serie A can say that DeRossi and Perrotta are amazing players and they deserve to be in as much as Zaccardo or Grosso. Every romanista out there can tell you that Perrotta is a great attacking and defensive midfielder. The only thing that bothered me in the line up this day was that DeRossi was out in the "wing" when he should have been in the center.