The stadium thread

Discussion in 'Germany' started by F96, Sep 17, 2007.

1. ScholliScholli

ScholliScholli New Member

Jul 24, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Can anybody put all the stadium information at the first thread?

2. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
  3. footyfan1

footyfan1 BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. F96

F96 Member+

Oct 24, 2002
    Skåne
    Club:
    Hannover 96
    So guess something is happening. Do you have a pic about how the finished stadium is going to look like?

Btw, I really like the look of Bremen's stadium:
    [​IMG]

5. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
  6. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Essens new stadium is that completely finished now?

7. Dage

Dage Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 4, 2008
    Berlin
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    The Pauli pic is nice. Wonder what kind of stuff will find its way from ranks at the top to that at the bottom. Ok.. it's not on Cologne but.. :D

8. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Ive seen some pics that Fürth are building on the Trolli, a construction that makes it looks like a bowl construction. Is this the so called new stadium for 20.000?

9. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Fürth have cancelled building a new stadium - it is about time people start to realize how the recent arena building thing (outside of a very few BL clubs) has been largely built on sand.

I am quite glad Braunschweig never started one and kept the old stadium, running track and all, with a few manageable reconstructions.

10. Hobo

Hobo Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

They really would have to consider a new location too.

Did Mainz not do it the right way?

12. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    They extended the lease contract for the current stadium until 2040, so they won't move anytime soon.

If Mainz hadn't managed to stay in the Bundesliga for the last few years they probably would have a harder time paying for the costs of the stadium as well. Even in the 1. Bundesliga their budget is only 20 million Euros. If they were relegated, paying 2,5 or so million Euros every year for the stadium would take up quite a lot of their funds I assume.

Meanwhile, Aachen are almost 20 millions in debt with the city alone.

13. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Thanks for this information!

And that's all fine. However, on the other hand, Mainz's plan seems to be a solid one.

Hell, people think BVB "spent themselves" into oblivion in the early 2000's. Not true. At least not in my opinion.

As you've stated with these other clubs, yes, we did spend money we didn't have. But not all on players. I firmly believe we spent too much of it expanding the stadium too quickly.......

I believe that's still really the only debt BVB has left.......

I totally agree on Aachen. I said back when they built that stadium it would be their downfall.

14. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    Mainz doesn't seem to have a plan as hare brained as Aachen - but I couldn't find much on how things would look like in a worst case scenario, which would be my main question. Either way - the entire stadium construction in Mainz relies on state subsidies. Unlike Aachen Mainz don't actually own the stadium - so it's a plan not every club could follow.

I actually thought it was pretty much common knowledge that costs for the stadium played a major role in Dortmund's crisis.

That stuff isn't an entirely new phenomenon, though - I guess Eintracht Braunschweig is now finally recovering from the stadium reconstruction in the late 1970s...

15. footyfan1

Oct 20, 2003
    San Antonio, Texas
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

It is for those of us who pay attention.

For those who just assume, they think BVB spent their way into that hole with player purchases and salaries.

Which also didn't help as they seemed to screw up in those departments at every turn.

16. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Agreed. I think Mainz have been lucky (and/or: well-run enough) to punch above their weight for several years now, so they seem to be able to stay within their financial plan. However, it isn't easy to outperform your competitors permanently, and of course impossible for more than a few clubs; and the non-overperformers will go down.

I lived in Aachen during their rise and the beginning of their fall. An obvious case of detachment from reality. Most of their fans already thought they were permanently on the level of Gladbach or Cologne after one season in BL1, and thought it was impossible to fall back to where they once were. They denied that their then-current fanbase consisted of many people who also had another Bundesliga club (like Bayern as their pro club, and Alemannia as their local lower league club), and students who only lived in the city for 5 years, started to go to Alemannia games when they were winning, and left the club when they were losing (and the city when they got their degree). Clubs like Gladbach or Cologne will always have something like 85% of their BL1 following in BL2; the new Tivoli was planned for BL1 and promotion fight in BL2, but it's way oversized for the club that Alemannia actually is.
    However, they had to make a decision. The old Tivoli was great, but more or less impossible to maintain as a Bundesliga stadium these days. Quite difficult to promote the idea "we're in the Bundesliga now, but we don't belong there, and should plan for a future as a lower level BL2/occasional BL3 team like Osnabrück"; especially in a city like "mini-Cologne", with a rather tiny Klüngel-group of local politicians, carnival officials, football- and riding club officials, important university profs and so on all being the same 50 people.

CCinGermany repped this.
  17. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
  18. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
  19. striker77

striker77 Member

Aug 4, 2011
    That St Pauli's stadium looks nuts! Germany definitely has the best stadiums in Europe though.

20. CCinGermany

CCinGermany Member

May 3, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Club:
    FC Schalke 04
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Lupin III repped this.
  21. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Yes true however guys, is it only temporarely move or??????????

22. Lascho

Lascho Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Hannover, Germany
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    They don't move at all. They just tried to put pressure on the city of Aachen to lower the rent.

Lupin III repped this.
  23. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    Good to hear I also had the impression that was the point, they had to be able to do as Dynamo Dresden did.

24. Alex_K

Alex_K Member+

Mar 23, 2002
    Braunschweig, Germany
    Club:
    Eintracht Braunschweig
    Nat'l Team:
    Bhutan
    There has been no decision yet - Aachen has asked the DFB for a special permit to delay the naming of their stadium for next season (they would have needed to do this when submitting their license application earlier this month, but didn't).

In the Regionalliga, they would have to be able to play practically for free in the stadium (by the way - in Aachen it isn't so much about rent, but paying back credits - the stadium is owned by Alemannia, not the city. This doesn't mean they don't have running costs and stuff.). The yearly payments have been greatly reduced for the 3. Liga already - but still: what Aachen had to pay for the stadium this season alone would be enough to cover the entire yearly budget of an upper mid-table Regionalliga team. Unless you are RB Leipzig or RW Essen, a RL top team has a budget of about 2 million Euros, small clubs in the relegation zone have 400k or less. Not salary budgets, but total budgets, mind you.

25. Lupin III

Lupin III Member+

Mar 17, 2011
    Denmark
    Club:
    Brøndby IF
    Nat'l Team:
    Denmark
    At least they have something they can sell to pay the debts.