The Sporting Fans Only Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by Força Sporting, Nov 3, 2005.

1. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah, then Fernand-inho should have called him up instead of Otavio. What's he gonna get, 4 or 5 games max?

Who knows? Matheus has been progressing since working in a coffee shop only 4 years ago part time while playing in the 3rd division. The guy has just gone up since. He has physical characteristics as a box-to-box that will probably make him more and more valuable. I hope he stays another year, he'll be worth 40M next summer.

2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Looks like Sporting informed Brazil that Matheus Nunes will not be traveling. He only has 1 dose of the vaccine and therefore would have to quarantine 14 days upon returning and miss crucial games against Porto and Ajax at least.

3. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Coates and Inacio are both not traveling for their national team as they are allegedly unfit. Not sure how serious but at least they can recover as the intense schedule is going to start after the international break.

4. Holy__Joe

Holy__Joe Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 31, 2007
    Manchester
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Inacio is a shame, not sure if he'd have got a game but he deserves his international debut.

Coates is a blessing though, simply just cutting out all that extra travel, let alone the games and risk of injury

fdasilva repped this.
  5. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Pote abandons the National Team through injury. Anyone else thinking these "injuries" aren't that serious?

6. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Duh. We got a gauntlet of games coming up. This international break at this time is ********ing stupid. Glad SCP recognizes that.

7. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  8. VERDINHO

VERDINHO Member

May 29, 2016
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Santa Clara is destroying them. Benfica should have had two reds.

The ref doesn't think its the ideal game to give Benfica a red card.

parkben1 repped this.
  9. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    And now its 5-0 Benfica. Media gonna say they're unstoppable lol

10. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn
    All I want is for Santa Clara to survive. It’s going to be a long year for them.

11. parkben1

parkben1 Member

Feb 18, 2006
    brooklyn
    Agree, the goal keeper should have gotten a red card.

12. VERDINHO

VERDINHO Member

May 29, 2016
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Without a doubt. But we all know that score does not match the game. They were outshot.

Hopefully we can beat Porto today.

I expect them to survive. They sold their best player but i think they brought in a solid replacement from Sporting. Playing in the Europa Conference League probably made the start of their season a little tiring.

parkben1 repped this.
  13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Finally the 3rd kit has been revealed - IMO the best out of the 3 I like the design. What do you guys think?

P.S. kudos to the guys handling our social media, since last year these videos have been top notch

14. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

It's cool, just a shame that Sporting can keep ANYTHING in stock on their website. And I can find any of their gear anywhere else. ********in insane that nothing is in stock.

15. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    I wonder if that's the club or Nike? Maybe Nike underestimated how popular they would be?

16. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Idk. Either way, doesn't look good that they can't stock shit right now. This entire Nike rollout has been a disaster.

fdasilva repped this.
  17. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Agreed surprising considering its Nike.

18. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Sporting SAD ended the year (ending 30 June) with a net loss of 32.9 million euros.

This is the worst sum since 2012/13, when the SAD ended at 43.8 million euros. Since then, only in 2015/16 we have seen a negative result close to the one now announced, then of 31.9 million.

The club justified the numbers with the transfer market in "worldwide contraction" which ended in a drop in revenue from player transactions in the order of 71 million euros, despite Wendel's changes to Zenit (20.3 million euros) and from Acuña to Sevilla (11.25 million).

This doesn't take into account anything after July 1st, including obviously Nuno Mendes.

Sporting's board is going to seek approval for a bond loan of up to 50M euros.

19. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    parkben1 and Holy__Joe repped this.
  20. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
  21. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    Yes, she is.

22. The Zeta Variant

The Zeta Variant Red Card

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    She looks a bit young for
    Me lol (not that I’m that old,l) but when she hits 24 ish will be a complete rocket .

23. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    Not gonna lie, as someone born in the 90s it still feels crazy seeing people come up as athletes or celebs who are born in the 2000s lol

24. The Zeta Variant

The Zeta Variant Red Card

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Aug 7, 2021
    get used to it. I’m 34 and born in 1987.
    At least Covid didn’t hit during my 20s…

25. Tonel

Tonel Member

Sporting
    Aug 22, 2021
    Yea I know what you mean. Born 1990 and 31 now. At least we got to enjoy our 20s during normal times. Had fun trying everything here and traveled to countries across Europe, some places in the US, did a bit of Asia.

Had Brazil and South America on my list but nowadays who knows, got other priorities to take care of when you're older :oops: