The Sporting Fans Only Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Sporting CP' started by Força Sporting, Nov 3, 2005.

1. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    #2101 SCP21, Feb 22, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2019
    «O Sporting é demasiado grande para não aguentar a verdade. Nenhum sócio quer ser iludido. A 9 de setembro, havia 84 mil sócios pagantes. E havia 93 mil com quotas em atraso, dos quais 39 mil não pagam há mais de cinco anos e 51 mil há mais de três. Queremos crescer, mas crescer com a verdade. Isto é, aumentar o número de sócios pagantes. E neste mandato a ambição é crescer 50 por cento. Quanto a jogadores, desde 2013, o Sporting comprou 108 jogadores, e estamos a falar do clube com a melhor formação do mundo à altura... Com mais de 1000 minutos na equipa principal, só 68. E entraram 38 diretos para a equipa B e nenhum chegou à A e a B desceu de divisão…»

lmao how do people still support bdc

Made the mistake of spending some time on ForumSCP this morning. We genuinely might have the worst fans in the world. They're blaming Bruno Fernandes for the bad season. Says he and Bas Dost never should have re-signed and thats why the team is playing so badly. Still worshiping bdc. Irony is they all praise bdc for attacking the players but get very angry that Varandas pointed out that our academy has fallen behind.

Genuinely seems like the fans don't care about winning. Just want to complain and see benfica lose, regardless of what place Sporting finishes.

SCP_16 repped this.
  2. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yes I'm reading the summary of what I'm gonna call the 'State of the Union' and it's quite interesting. As for the fans, they will be divisive unless we actually win something relevant or if BdC is actually found guilty of something.

He mentioned the results of the audit, which included things like paying 60K euros to a chinese company for alleged merchandising in China, but the auditors can find no trace of said company. Also a contract with some obscure club called Batuque FC to have first choice over 7 of their players, but unable to find any such contract.

108 players signed is just shocking. But I don't blame only BdC, JJ was involved too and shouldn't be regarded as a saint.

Also mentioned that the 'all-in' made last year resulted in a delicate financial situation, where we apparently have debts totalling over 40M euros to various clubs/agents/investors until June 2019.

Varandas said his vision for the club is different, where he plans to make a balanced squad. He said in the last few months we reduced the annual salary by 10M euros, with 8 players exiting and 5 players being signed, those players being young with potential and whose cost can be paid off by the money we saved in salaries.

He also mentions the state of the academy and plans to make massive upgrades, saying the training pitch is 16 years and full of holes, the youngsters sleep with 16 year old furniture and mattresses, the gym has old and ripped equipment since 2002.

SCP21 repped this.
  3. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    tbf I went back and read the Sporting reddit and a few other places and it was a much better environment. I think its just forumscp and social media, the average age of those is probably less than 20 years old.

4. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    A lot of those people aren't even socios, as you said they're youngsters easily influenced. If you look at polls and such, BdC's supporters are in the single digits.

Media has a lot of blame too, they keep bringing him back for interviews and book signings and we can never be at peace.

One thing I've been thinking about is the comments about the academy, how things haven't changed in 16 years and everything is outdated/worn out. It could very well be the reason why we have both a lack of quality in the academy and why a lot of these players want to leave quickly.

5. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    After 3 finals in a row, Sporting finally is the european futsal champion! And we didnt even have to get ricardinho to do it.

6. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Great win for the boys!

7. nelly29

nelly29 Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Jun 20, 2017
    Woooooooooooo

8. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Celebrations will take place at the Pavilhao Joao Rocha today with the players.

9. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Wendel with this golaco today for the U20s:

1135264667088183296 is not a valid tweet id

10. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Great goal. He had a good season (his first actual taste of soccer with us) but some off field issues too. Really hoping next season he can kick it up a notch.

11. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    New kits to be revealed on July 1st, during the club's 113th anniversary.

12. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Some photos I thought you guys might appreciate

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

SCP_16, fdasilva and natenate101 repped this.
  13. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nice pics man. Really hope one day the chairs and stadium get a paint job though...

14. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Yeah the chairs look worse in person, they look really dull. I also hate the logic behind them, we shouldn’t have to play tricks to make the stadium look full, that’s just small thinking in my opinion. But it was really a surreal experience being there.

15. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Nice pics.

My in laws were there a few weeks back. They said the grounds and the outside area were decrepit and falling apart.

16. SCP21

SCP21 Member+

Jul 1, 2011
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    They describing the stadium or country?

17. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Stadium.

hsFuSZ6.jpg
    shnZl98.jpg

tIvDNqX.jpg
    EAlqWDeXoAEQg5U.jpeg
    EAlqUlFXkAIBS5_.jpeg

18. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Lol the stairs going down to gate 1 are a major hazard too. They like slope downwards, almost like if you go too fast you’ll eat it face first down the stairs. Location is a ghost town too. It’s a couple minute walk from 2 subway stops but there was very few people around, despite there being the theatre and what not around. No energy. And this was a Saturday afternoon.

Still would love to go to a game though, that’s on my bucket list now for sure.

SCP_16 repped this.
  19. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal

Me too. Was gonna go this year, but ultimately decided next August.

I heard they have hella foot traffic through stadium because they have a grocery store, etc. And it's right on the main street

20. OndaVerde

OndaVerde Member+

Sporting
    Portugal
    Feb 18, 2016
    Eu vou lá estar
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Oh maybe that’s where people were, I didn’t really venture through to the shops or anything. Thought about grabbing dinner in the area but it was our first day there so we decided to head back to the hotel and chill (we stayed in Baixa, tons of cafes and restaurants). I walked around a bit, went into Loja Verde and I saw the theatre on the way to the Campo Grande station but that was it. Saw Pavilhão Joao Rocha as well down the road. Maybe it was just fluke of my timing but the area felt very empty and oddly quiet. I’m sure it’s different game days.

We should plan a bigsoccer meetup at a game next August lmao

SCP_16 repped this.
  21. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    All the best to Ricky van Wolfswinkel, who was diagnosed with a cerebral aneurism today.

22. SCP_16

SCP_16 Member+

Aug 8, 2004
    Bay Area
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    So this explains a lot....

received_2248683361906735.jpeg

23. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Cintra gave him a ridiculous salary. And apparently his agent gets 400k of that money a year as part of the deal.

If we can't sell him than hopefully we can get rid of other useless players.

24. JL92

JL92 New Member

Sporting CP
    Portugal
    Oct 11, 2018
    Sporting is a burning house due to incompetence of his board and the ineptitude of their fans.

SCP_16 repped this.
  25. fdasilva

fdasilva Member+

May 21, 2014
    Club:
    Sporting CP Lisbon
    Rui Jordão passed away. I'm too young to have watched him but he was a big figure in our history and its sad to see him go.

SCP21 repped this.