The Solution if Oz is staying....

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by stinky, Aug 17, 2002.

1. stinky

stinky Member

May 14, 2000
    Long Beach, NY
    if oz does happen to stay....

petke and ziadie have to be stay on the bench for a while....

i'd say faria too, but he does try much more and has a few good plays every game....but he's more of a sub player....not a starter.....

petke was bad, ziadie was worst....the midfield cannot be blamed for the bad passing out of the back....and the way petke strolls around...

what a friggin joke this team has become...its shameful

2. Arisrules

Arisrules Member

Feb 19, 2000
    Washington, DC
    Jolley was just as bad as Petke. I am not trying to defend Petke here, but we ahve to start being fair in analysying the defense, because Jolley has just as many breakdowns.

3. stinky

stinky Member

May 14, 2000
    Long Beach, NY
    aris,

i agree with you...but jolley doesn't seem as forgiving about his mistakes....jolley can be corrected...petke's head seems to big at this point....

how many time was he walking back to his position when the ball was in the box tonight?

4. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    I agree with you Stinky, but I'd get rid of Faria, Yes he has heart, but heart isn't a stat...he's here to score goals, not to show heart

5. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net

Sometimes, especially with a team like this, heart is what keeps your team together.

We are pretty much at the self destruction stage but thankfully we have people like Diallo and Faria who don't turn the engine off when it seems like the match is all but over. I'd be pissed if there was no hustle on our squad , like the Bora year of hell. At least we have a few guys who hustle and try. Faria may not score every match but he's worked and hustled his way onto my roster any day. Sadly I see him being the one who gets the ax for the Italian come next year.... however I'd try and get him a green card or something because his play this year should be rewarded , instead of him being traded.

It's those new guys that are killing us. Moore is horrible and is no better then Brian Kelly or Matt Knowles, he's Miles Joseph in the midfield. Same go's for Ziadie and Lisi...both players have maybe showed up for a total of one game.

The biggest problem is our play on the field. Same old , same old , everygame....that's the gaffer's job to freshen things up on the field and Oz just isn't cutting it. He's never done much with our team, he was handed a great roster when he came to us and he's single handedly run us into the ground. Even if the MLS Cup were to be somehow won by us, Oz still needs to be sent home.

6. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    I can't stand Octavio putting Mathis at midfield. Mathis made some great passes, but what's the point if people like Faria can't even finish? Put Mathis back at forward already.

7. stinky

stinky Member

May 14, 2000
    Long Beach, NY
    faria will always play...he is an oz pet...as was hernandez....its just something we need to get used to so long as oz is the coach....

after all, faria is brazilian, he must be great :rolleyes:

8. PSUdude

PSUdude New Member

Dec 15, 1998
    Elmhurst, Queens, NY
    Oh yeah, so was Guido, Gilmar, Branco....:rolleyes:

9. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    Branco did play an amazing match vs the Burn in the Open Cup in NYC.... although I think I still want his head for that red card against Tampa...we should of cruised into the playoffs if it wasn't for that.

10. Bigfoot

Bigfoot New Member

There are a few people who were around in 1999 when the Metro went 7-25 who would disagree with you about the quality of the roster OZ was handed when he took over coaching the Metro before the 2000 season.

There are more than a few people who will tell you that 2000 team, which OZ helped put together and coached, was the best edition of the Metro to date.

I think I remember the 2000 Metro being called the LA Metro by some because of the players OZ was familiar with that he brought over with him with LA connections.

11. Red Card

Red Card Member+

Mar 3, 1999
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  12. 80sEuroKeeper

80sEuroKeeper New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Harrison, NJ
    Well, let's not forget that was the year Nick Sakiewicz took control of the mess that was Metro and put his indelible stamp on the on and off field product, adding players like the then-undiscovered and untapped Clint Mathis. Without Nick, there would be no illusion that OZ can coach. In fact, let's not forget who hired OZ in the first place. Charlie. One lucky run for OZ does not make him a good coach. I think it's too bad we didn't grab a proven gaffer like Tim Hankinson before Colorado. Maybe then our footballers would be playing up to their potential and there wouldn't be so much in-fighting. Maybe something bold, like bringing Shep Messing down for the stretch run, is in order.

13. Soccernuthost

Soccernuthost New Member

Dec 7, 2000
    This is pure comedy. Laugh out loud funny.

Nick didn't "add" Mathis. Mathis was given to us via the dispersal draft from LA (who had to give up Clint and Franchino up to pay for the sin of adding Hernandez).

Bigfoot is quite right that OZ was the original architect of the new improved Metros in 2000. Hernandez and Jolley were both OZ players and played very well for us in 2000 and 2001. Orlando Perez was an OZ 5th round pick and was great for us in 2001. Faria was another OZ pickup and probably the main reason we made the playoffs in 2001.

Nick's greatest contributions to date:

1) Gilmar (crap)
    2) Developing dozens of more Clint Mathises
    3) No new stadium (same as Charlie)

OZ and Nick have both outstayed their welcome. If we don't win the MLS cup this year, then they should both be canned.

14. brumbear

brumbear New Member

Dec 18, 1999
    Hopatcong N.J.
    I am sorry guys but I have been going to metros games since 97 and I feel I have earned a right to complain. Oz just seems to make poor decision after poor decision and does not seem to be able to motivate players at this point.
    Last night was 99 all over again, Paule is a girl I can not stand watching him, Lise, Zaide, Petke and sometimes Faria. They have no vision the whole right side at the end last night was awful the back was like a sieve and the middle was non existant.
    This is no fun I have spent $900 on tickets I will spend $150 on parking and an average of 25 per game in whatever I can not and will not do this again I would rather go to Rutgers games for $8 a ticket.
    All I ask for is a team that I can root for that puts out an effort not this I do not really care if they winn every game just play and make it fun please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. g bugout

g bugout Member

Jan 27, 2002
    nyc
    Dude, Metro might not even make the playoffs. And the way they're playing, wouldn't win my local winter indoor footie league.

Fire OZ now. Show the team they've got some support: get them a new coach for the remainder of the season.

-g bugout

16. Ed NYC Firm

Ed NYC Firm Member

May 14, 2000
    NY
    Club:
    Dundee FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Scotland
    The main problem with doing that is , we have no real midfield . No doubt Clint is a better forward than he is a midfielder but until we get someone for the midfield Clint must play there .