The SixtyFive Million Euro Man - The New Welcome Kaka Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Funny he mentions this after kaka leaves milan. Maybe milan needs to look at their training so that the old fogies can run faster?

2. ZZR923

ZZR923 New Member

Dec 4, 2005
    the "old fogies" ran fast enough to comfortably beat us remember.

3. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    I don't remember being comfortably beaten.

4. JRisAGalactico

Mar 10, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    “Let’s call a spade a spade - this Gattuso of now is not the same Gattuso we used to know.”

5. ZZR923

ZZR923 New Member

Dec 4, 2005
    common view is that milan controlled our 2 part encounter. point is - on recent evidence it is hard to dispute what gattuso is saying.

6. Frank Smith

Frank Smith Red Card

Jun 2, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We keep running out of steam and Kaka is for sure half the player he was when he came, and even the he was not so good. I admired his movement, constantly making himself available and starting plays but now he does not even do that.

7. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    We can not point the finger at Kaka. The whole team is basically playing bad.

8. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I remember this being mentioned by Cannavaro as a difference to his time in Italy. He also said Real Madrid focus less on physical training, more on ball work and skills. Could this be a reason for all of our injuries? Whether you agree about Kaka or not, it's something to consider.

9. Frank Smith

Frank Smith Red Card

Jun 2, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    True, but there are plenty of players at least playing to their full potential. Team is playing crap but players like Marcelo and Lass are obviously not faulting in terms of effort. How many times Kaka has lost the ball and takes a whole minute to get up is worrying. Our big money signings, only Ronaldo and Benzema look worth the money.

Probably, every time I see us train it's just light jogging.But out of all the managers and players, someone must of said something or changed something. Hearing stories how the previous Galacticos never even trained, sometimes it feels like Madrid is the most backward club in top flight Europe.

10. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Unless i see some facts i am not gonna believe it. I am not saying that it's not true because it might be (probably is).

I've been harsh with Kaka not because i don't like him but because i know that he can play better. I just think that he's not used to the pressure that some players/clubs have in Spain.

11. berloha

berloha Member

Nov 10, 2007
    Club:
    TSG 1899 Hoffenheim
    [​IMG]

Lol, Kaka was the translator in today's press conference for Robinho, who is not confident in english. :D

12. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    Wasn't Juande Ramos really big on fitness and nutrition? It's one reason why I definitely liked him at manager.

13. ssri

ssri New Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Club:
    AC Milan
    From an article:

http://www.goal.com/en/news/12/spain/2009/11/13/1622694/i-lack-continuity-just-like-real-madrid-kaka

The Brazilian's former Milan team-mate Gennaro Gattuso stated that he was not the same as he was for the Rossonero and the Los Merengues star has agreed.

"I think I can improve and do much more for the team," he was quoted as saying by the club's official website.

"I think I'm like the team as a whole right now; I lack continuity, I need to play well for longer periods of time and I need more games. I have to become fitter too because it is hard on me to play two games a week.

"I believe I'm doing my best to get the continuity I need. In order to play well I need to get fitter and adapt to the team.

"I'm trying to find the best position for me. I'm especially trying to connect better with the team's forwards."

14. libertao

libertao Member+

Mar 15, 2006
    So they threw the game at Alcorcon, all part of the master plan! :eek:

15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Yeah saw that interview but still, how come a player like Lass is fit and Kaka isn't? I don't think it's the trainings fault but rather the players fault.

16. ssri

ssri New Member

Jun 11, 2008
    Club:
    AC Milan
    If the training is crap, but one player takes it upon himself to get fit versus another who solely relies on whatever is implemented during training, then it is fit to blame the training programme (no pun intended).

17. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    People have different levels of fitness, we aren't all identical. Lassana and Kaka could be doing the exact same training, but Lassana may naturally have more of that drive inside him, the ability to go longer and harder. No doubt that little ability makes him a lot of friends.

18. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
  19. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    Excuse me? I meant the manager and coaching staff :rolleyes:.

:eek:

20. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    No wonder he's been immune to Pellegrini's rotation policy then. Disgusting.

:D

21. MISH

MISH Member

Oct 15, 2008
    A real gem, Rep-worthy but ..... spread and spread and so on.

22. suckafree8990

suckafree8990 Member

Aug 6, 2006
    houston
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    just curious, how long was it until zidane and figo began gelling with the club (individually) after signing with us?

i wonder if kaka will show us more when his partner in crime returns :D

23. -Fifth CharM-

-Fifth CharM- BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2007
    Zidane also felt a lot of pressure in his first few months at the Bernabéu. Salgado said in a interiew that Zizou wanted to quit after 3 months so yeah... ;D

24. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    yea, zidane's first several months at madrid weren't spectacular.

25. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    While Figo was more or less a success from the start. Figo/Cristiano, Zidane/Kaka similarities ftw.