The SixtyFive Million Euro Man - The New Welcome Kaka Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by -Fifth CharM-, Jun 30, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMindTricks

Jun 20, 2006
    Houston
    yea the similarities are there. and you're right that figo played well from the start.

speaking of figo, his time at madrid has always been intriguing to me. brilliant player and i think he was a huge success during those 5 years or so...but overshadowed and underappreciated.

2. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I have to admit Figo was initially my favourite player in that first Perez team. More so than Zidane, who i ended up appreciating much more towards the end of his career. I didn't actually want Zidane here when he was first signed :eek:

3. awmhamodat

awmhamodat New Member

Jan 14, 2005
    Canada
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    even thou i love kaka , he is by far no where near zidanes influence on the field

4. Chinky24

Chinky24 Member+

Real Madrid
    Dec 26, 2004
    Nashville
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    blasphemy!

5. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    What exactly happened with Figo anyway. From what I remember he was benched by Luxemburgo(?) which led to him coming out of retirement for the NT as well as not renewing his contract to get some playing time. I never figured out why he was benched I thought he was playing well and I didn't think there weren't any better replacements.

Anyone remember this?

6. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Beckham happened to Figo. That and natural decline, which happens to all sportspeople.

I seem to remember Lux not liking wide players too much, but he wasn't here that long anyway IIRC, maybe half a season or something. In any event, even if he didn't want wingers, Figo was almost ambidextrous and could play left, right or through the middle. He wasn't a limited touchline winger, the man was gifted.

7. Figo_7

Figo_7 Member

Feb 7, 2007
    Yeah he did slow down but I was surprised to see him given such a small amount of time on the field, never knew why, I remember even Solari playing more often than him.

8. AriGold

AriGold Member+

Jul 13, 2007
    Göteborg, Sweden
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Sweden
    Figo was benched when Luxemburgo decided we should play a 4-2-2-2 with just central players. The magic square or what ever they called it.

That and his own decline led to him leaving for Inter. I wouldn't say Beckham benched Figo more like a terrible system benched him.

9. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Interview with Kaka. I found this interesting:

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11835_5713969,00.html

It used to be the case that every new signing would wax lyrical about Raul. There was a recent article talking about the declining influence of Raul compared with the rise of Iker (sorry , can't find the link, but someone posted it in this forum in the past couple of weeks). Is this a further sign of the torch gradually passing to Iker?

10. YOUNGSTARS87

YOUNGSTARS87 Yellow C@rd Bandit

Dec 21, 2005
    Publico

11. mymy33

mymy33 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 15, 2007
    I'm not sure there's a correlation between the "torch" being gradually passed to Iker and who players say they have good relationships with on the team ya' know? Since he made no mention of his "bestie" Cristiano, should we read something into that? And we know those two love each other. In a lot of the interviews Cristiano has given regarding adapting to the club and new surroundings he makes mention of Raul and even Guti as teammates who he has had a good relationship with and who are helping him with the transition. Kaka has made mention of Raul previously too. That being said I do believe this torch you speak of is being passed, I just wouldn't use this interview as evidence of that.

12. Shay Z

Shay Z Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 3, 2007
    I thought the same thing when i read that interview earlier.

13. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    I was just speculating out loud. It isn't evidence either way, I just found it surprising that he didn't repeat the Raul mantra, unlike before. I prolly wouldn't have even mentioned it if i hadn't read the article that Youngstars kindly provided the link to.

And the speculation around Raul being benched for a while also feeds into the thing about influence. If he is constantly on the bench, and Guti is still not able to break into the team, the newer signings may look to the new guard for leadership.

Will be very interesting to see the starting line-up (and bench ;)) for the Barcelona-Madrid derby...

14. Frank Smith

Frank Smith Red Card

Jun 2, 2009
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    So what is the general feeling in Madrid towards Kaka?

15. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    That he is sexy and awesome.

16. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Kaka looks exactly like my brother :p. No kidding, people are stopping him on the street all the time. Last week we went out and this older man (60+) comes to him and say excuse me, do you know you look like Kaka. Two hours later he had to take picture with some group of people because of this resemblance:D.

17. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG][​IMG]

:p

Just kidding, good for your brother. I wonder how far he can actually go with the kaka act? Could he pull off a nicolas cage?

18. demogorgon

demogorgon Member

Jul 18, 2006
    I don't know if he could pull off a Nicolas Cage, he is a bit smaller than Kaka and six years younger. So it would be fair to say he looks like Kaka did when he joined Milan.
    I never noticed this resemblance until two years ago when we were playing football . He is also a Milan fan and was wearing Kaka shirt. When he came to the pitch we were just watching in shock:D.

Sorry for the offtopic :p.

19. 9Qui

9Qui Moderator
    Staff Member

May 26, 2004
    No worries. Cool story, Hansel! ;)

20. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol kaka fails to blow a vuvuzela @ approx 1:25

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_o6XrbgjtA&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube- Jabulani, el balón del Mundial de Sudáfrica 2010[/ame]

21. Horsehead

Horsehead Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 2, 2006
    Los Angeles
  22. gago888

gago888 New Member

Jan 15, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I think u should always stay offtopic:p

23. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    No fair.

Marca are doing an offer where you collect coupons and then get an Adidas zip up top with Kaka 8 on the back for 20 Euros. I want one :D.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

If you're nifty, you can still get one, but along with what you'll have to pay for the coupons and the 'work' it'll probably cost you the price of an actual zip up top. :D

25. raven3k

raven3k Member+

May 31, 2007
    Madrista land
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol(@the last part aswell), it didnt take that long to wash out his milan memories(or love):