Rumor: The Shirt and Apparel Thread

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by (De La)Redstriker06, Mar 24, 2011.

1. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    Who is we? I don't want Nike. Adidas consistently produce some of the best looking football shirts in the world for the club, year after year.

2. AA Balon banned

AA Balon banned Red Card

May 26, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I didn't mean "we" as Madridistas, I meant "we" as me and Real Madrid.

But edited, just for you.

3. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't think it's just Barce's colours that make that kit unattractive. It's the design itself.

Other kit's like France's or England's are completely different. If you take Frances kit, turn it white, put the Madrid badge on it then it would be amazing.

4. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They haven't all been 'some of the best looking football shirts in the world' in the past few years.

Some of the stuff Nike come up with is quite something, you must admit. But like Adidas, they also get it wrong at times.

What I've always wondered is why doesn't the club itself put some sort of questionnaire on the official site to ask for the fans ideas. In terms of things like the collar design, secondary colours, fonts etc. And then see if Adidas can incorporate those details into the upcoming kits.

5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
  6. AA Balon banned

AA Balon banned Red Card

May 26, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Bhahahahaha.

Oscar warned me about this. I thought he was just taking a dig at you, but man, was he right! He was smart enough to edit his post afterwards though.

7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Dude, the Nike kit looks like an aftermarket polo shirt with a badge stitched on it. Football kits are not supposed to look good when you're wearing them on the street. They are supposed to be shirts to play football in.

If you're looking for normal clothes, i have a suggestion to make: Go buy normal clothes!

I think Adidas makes some hideous designs, and i am not 100% happy with ours this and in the past few seasons, but all Nike does in some cases is take a blank shirt, slap the badge on it and people say it's genius.

Good to see that you try to act like you're not a N00b by hiding under Oscar's skirt though. I am sure he will enjoy it.

8. AA Balon banned

AA Balon banned Red Card

May 26, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    [​IMG]

I bet you thought the 2002 camiseta was hideous too :rolleyes:.

Football shirts aren't supposed to be cartoon drawings either. Just look at our current shirt with those ridicilous stripes on the side of the chest.

Was I wrong tough?

Please answer instead of bullshitting your way out.

9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    In that case yes. The France shirt looks cheap and tasteless.

The Adidas France shirt looked ok, the only shirt that look ridiculous were those X men skin tight shirts that were supposed to make players perform better (ridiculous idea).

Also, there is a difference in fabric and quality between the nike shirts and our 2002 shirt, if you have both you can see the difference. Along with the three stripes on the sleeves, that nike simply can't offer.

I'm not into those futuristic designs, and i don't really like our current generation of shirt 100%, but the whole Nike shirts look brilliant thing is ridiculous when it's simply a single color shirt with a badge slapped on it.

10. AA Balon banned

AA Balon banned Red Card

May 26, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Wow.. Who said "brilliant"?

I'm just talking about improvement. The shirts that Nike provide are, generally, much better than Adidas'. Even if they are simple and easy to make. Like I said: Football shirts aren't supposed to be cartoon drawings.

Adidas just can't stop. They always have to make some ridicilous add-ons. Sure, sometimes, they make a cool shirt. But most of the time, they just ruin it.

11. JRisAGalactico

Mar 10, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    agree to disagree, it's obvious you're not listening to each other. Adidas does a fine job with our training range/kits year in, year out in my opinion. I like the Nike France kit because it's clean, a lot of Nike offerings pass that and become dull.

12. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I agree with the previous poster that football kits shouldn't look like normal polo shirts. Nike has given up innovation in design in favor of "clean" looks because it's "cool," but it also showcases a lack of ideas. The French kit has no identity. It's just a dull shirt. Couple years later, they will make the same shirt for a different team with a different color, change the collar slightly, and some people will call it genius. It's dull.

Adidas has a clearly identifiable design feature (three stripes) and they add little things every time, which is a lot more admirable than what Nike does. Adidas make football kits that look like football kits.

13. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Like the sweat patches that we will have next year? Adidas need to tone it down with their silly lines all over the place.

By the way, keeping a kit simple does not automatically mean that they've run out of ideas. I think the latest Nike kit looks fantastic, especially when the players put them on.

14. AA Balon banned

AA Balon banned Red Card

May 26, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The problem is that while some admire that they "add little things", others actually look at what they are adding and how ridicilous it looks.

Calling Nike dull is hilarious, considering they were the one who added a dragon on Inter's kit.

[​IMG]

15. razingtonbear

razingtonbear Member+

Aug 8, 2007
    And what an awful addition it was.

16. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    ^ The dragon/snake or whatever it is, has a meaning to Inter. A neutral may say that it looks awful (I myself do), but there are many fans who appreciate something like that which relates to their club.

17. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    how can you say that without even knowing what it is? :D

18. trts

trts Member+

Feb 3, 2007
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh yes, when I think of the city of Milan, I immediately think of dragons.

19. Umar

Umar Member+

Sep 13, 2005
    One step ahead
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    'tis a serpent, from the Milan coat of arms. Looks quite cool imo.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biscione

I like the white and gold kit, btw. Just a shame about the big-ass sponsor sign. I'd pay an extra £15-£20 for no sponsor on the kit.

20. blanc

blanc Member

Jan 13, 2006
    Los Galácticos
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That is a hideous shirt, like most Nike ones (like someone else said, plain color + nike tick + club badge). Sorry.

21. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    There you go. Nike didn't just pull out a random snake, it's got meaning behind it, and I think it was also on the Inter shirt(s) some time ago.

I agree about the sponsor btw. The 2002 one without a sponsor looks very sweet. At least they've taken away the '.com'!

22. AA Balon banned

AA Balon banned Red Card

May 26, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    So you're calling a simple and plain shirt "hideous" :rolleyes:?

I definitely agree that Adidas are more "creative" with their kits than Nike. Definitely. But why is that better? People keep talking about Adidas this and Adidas that, but I have yet to see some really cool shirts with creative stuff on them for a couple of years now, for a big club atleast. There are a few here and there, but most of them are just ugly.

Adidas make many "simple and plain" shirts too, like ours the previous season. It had three lines, but that's their trademark, nothing creative about that one.
    But most of the time, they just add ridicilous lines all over the place. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesn't. ( Like those lines on our kit next season )

23. Complex23

Complex23 Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    are these designs actually confirmed officially?

24. AA Balon banned

AA Balon banned Red Card

May 26, 2011
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    The home kit is..

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJqnhwf6_8E"]YouTube - ‪Benzema Modela Nueva Equipación del Real Madrid (Photoshoot)‬‏[/ame]

So I'm pretty sure the others are for real...

25. Complex23

Complex23 Member

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I would put that collar up straight! :p
    hope the away kit is legit too then. looks awesome