The Serbian Superman - Welcome Luka Jovic

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jun 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    1 goal and 1 assist Nabil Fekir?So far he has performed according to his value, and that's a kind statement.

Eddie, Deep Pal, J-Mezzy and 1 other person repped this.
  2. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid

He would walk into our squad right now and would be our best attacking player.

Kroosinator repped this.
  3. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    If that would be the case he wouldn't be playing for Betis right now. He's not even the best Betis player.

4. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

He agrees to pay 30k "donation" as part of the deal with the prosecution in order to avoid going to jail. 30 freaking thousand, for breaking quarantine...

This is extortion.

PigBenis, Ahmadi8, 4x4s and 2 others repped this.
  5. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We're talking about the same country that had riots because a weekend long lockdown was announced. Jovic got the flip side of the "star level personality" coin.

Deep Pal and Eddie repped this.
  6. DoughB

DoughB Member

Real Madrid
    Oct 26, 2020
    I think any starting attacker in la liga could replicate what viny, rodrygo, LV and asensio do for this team.

Deep Pal and Kroosinator repped this.
  7. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    All three of those have contributed more than Hazard though. We're forgetting that he was supposed to be a big big star, meanwhile he's hiding behind teenagers and veterans.

8. DoughB

DoughB Member

Real Madrid
    Oct 26, 2020
    Absolutely agree. He pisses me off. But nabil fekir would've been cool if we had him in the mix.

9. DoughB

DoughB Member

Real Madrid
    Oct 26, 2020
    Or anything decent for a good price like that.

10. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nabil Fekir has barely put up better numbers than Vinicius and he played 3000 minutes for Betis.

Is this supposed to be a serious discussion here or are we trading jokes?

PigBenis, Deep Pal, Eddie and 2 others repped this.
  11. DoughB

DoughB Member

Real Madrid
    Oct 26, 2020
    This attack sucks that's all.

12. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Which is a different statement altogether.

It's one thing to say that the attack is mot performing up to Real Madrid expectations and another to say that somebody that doesn't even exceed Betis expectations would do better.

People need to be better than this. Ceballos looked like a supreme talent at Betis, not a "pretty ok player" . Look how that worked out. Expectations are highly different for us than for a highlight clip on YouTube.

13. DoughB

DoughB Member

Real Madrid
    Oct 26, 2020
    Ceballos? That's because it's much much harder to get a spot as a midfielder (ceballos better sub than isco) in this team than if you were a decent LW or RW, since it's our third year now waiting for that "potential" to come out of vinny, rodry and asensio. Even LV had a bigger hand in winning la liga last season being more experienced and direct in his aproach atleast. Obviously management's kind of at fault for buying Jovic when we had Benzema and Mariano and for putting our bets on these young wingers. But i understand what they wanted to achieve but ultimately it was Hazard being injured & out of shape, jovic looking like casper and the young wingers not producing that was infact the real issue. Glad we had lord Vazquez atleast to help in attack.

14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    what

15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Vini joined in 2018, Rodrygo joined last season. Asensio has been here for a while but was only a regular starter during Lopetegui's time, then he missed last season due to injury.

Personally I would have gone for only one of Vini/Rodrygo + Jovic, not all three of them. I wonder what will happen to them when Mbappe is supposed to be here next season? I just don't see Jovic continuing here and Rodrygo will likely be loaned out too.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I apllaud you for reading through that incoherent wall of text.

17. DoughB

DoughB Member

Real Madrid
    Oct 26, 2020
    #1367 DoughB, Nov 11, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2020
    Defintely hard to read but no need to be so snobbish all the time.

hector_br and Kroosinator repped this.
  18. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Do better then.

19. DoughB

DoughB Member

Real Madrid
    Oct 26, 2020
    Or maybe stfu if someone tells you nabil fekir would've been nice for that price instead of spewing that same "he's not playing for a big team so he can't help us" bs. Should i name our attackers again from past 2 seasons? I'm not saying madrid is stupid for not buying him specifically but you make it seem as if we only have real madrid level attackers here. I'm tired of the youngsters but i hope for the best.

hector_br repped this.
  20. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    You mock someone for drawing conclusions from youtube highlights (which is false btw) but you just take a look at the statsheet, how many goals scored in how many minutes and you know everything about the player. smh.

hector_br repped this.
  21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He was brought in to replace Lo Celso as the focal point of the attack and he didn't reach the same level of performance or production that Lo Celso did.

I know you like to rate fashionable mid tier players, it's your whole contrarion shtick, but at least try to put their performance in context.

Fekir is that Ben Arfa type player, everybody expects him to be a great solution somewhere and suddenly they are 30 and you say "what happened?" and they are already past their prime. He's Betis' most expensive player ever, and I'd be closer to rating him a bust considering that than a success.

Deep Pal and J-Mezzy repped this.
  22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    See, it's good that you can check transfer Markt to see the transfer fee, but you need to look deeper:
    At 250.000 per week, he's Betis' best paid player in history. You keep looking at the transfer price and ignore everything else, but at those wages you can find considerably better players. I'd say you can find better players that earn half that.

Inaki Williams is on 75k and he is the totally and completely better player and much better suited for Real Madrid's attack.

So there.

Deep Pal, J-Mezzy and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  23. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    How did you come to that conclusion? By looking at the statsheet?

And if I liked to rate fashionable mid-tier players (whatever that is), I wouldn't have been the biggest Mbappe and Pogba fan on this board, since they certainly don't fit in that category. So once again, please spare me your pseudo psychoanalysis crap.

24. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid

Betis' vice president said that when they signed him.

"we've retained the bulk of these players with Fekir taking Lo Celso's place and I'd say the French player is at the same level or even better than the Argentine"

So yeah. Have a pleasant time thinking you're some kind of football mind. Fekir couldn't replace Lo Celso at Betis. All my points stand.

25. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

So that's why Zidane only plays him the last 2-3 minutes of the game. He scored a 90th-minute equalizer!