The Serbian Superman - Welcome Luka Jovic

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jun 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    He had a free header in the first half and ended up mistiming it badly. Those are the chances a poacher needs to take.

Shay Z repped this.
  2. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Just not good enough. Doesn't fit our style and lacks the mentality needed to succeed here.

Deep Pal, madridista_hr, Drouchk and 3 others repped this.
  3. robnycus

robnycus Member+

Jun 28, 2010
    Club:
    New York Cosmos
    Regardless..we paid 60M for him.. he should be given more minutes than Asensio, who everyone agrees is a squad player..

Zidane should let him finish a game for once..
    Asensio playing 90 mins and Jovic coming off early in the 2nd half makes no sense to me.

Kroosinator and Lyra repped this.
  4. Bear Crotch

Bear Crotch Member+

Jan 2, 2008
    Ohio, United States
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    At this point it doesn't matter.

I was one of the one's that was excited about his purchase and thought he'd do well here. I was clearly wrong. He may not be good enough, may not be a good fit or the damage to his confidence might be irreparable due to how he was handled last year, either way he's cooked. Off he goes.

Edino Edinho and Deep Pal repped this.
  5. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    What is our style currently though? I’m not the biggest Jovic fan but it’s hard to judge any forward that plays for this team currently.

Lyra, 2Magia2, Deep Pal and 2 others repped this.
  6. Drouchk

Drouchk Member+

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Aug 9, 2018
    Until we get our act together as a team ( emphasis on this word ) I will reserve judgement on any forward that plays for us, I’m not the biggest fan of Jovic’s but I doubt that even prime Van Nistlerooy could get goals for this team.

We just don’t know what we’re doing out there, were slow, lethargic and super predictable, having said that I’d trade Jovic for Halaand in a heartbeat but I fear that even he would look average in our current “system”.

2Magia2, Deep Pal and Eddie repped this.
  7. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think we're getting to point of time that we can't blame our bad midfield for how bad Jovic plays. I've put a lot of trust in this dude, but something is just not clicking. Maybe he is too depressed, no idea, but for someone that was given a chance that few get for like 18 months now, he sure don't look too energetic.

8. J-Mezzy

J-Mezzy Member+

Oct 14, 2013
    Orlando
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I want him to at least show some intensity, some urgency, some passion

I know the midfield sucks ass in creating but I wanna see some fire.

YOUNGSTARS87 and Drouchk repped this.
  9. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Didn’t do anything of note today and that header he badly missed needed to be put on goal to make the keeper at least work.

Deep Pal, YOUNGSTARS87, PigBenis and 4 others repped this.
  10. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    He's more of an "Ice" type of player rather than a fiery guy :D. You're not gonna see Mariano Diaz type of runs with Jovic, it's just not his style.

I don't think he had a good game but unfortunately he's getting a lot of blame from the fans, and that's just not fair.

2Magia2, Drouchk, BjornH and 1 other person repped this.
  11. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    he is for sure not to be blamed for the lost, the whole team was bad, but I've seen some games of him in Frankfurt and its a different player in terms of intensity.

12. Raul_Madrid

Raul_Madrid Member+

Feb 16, 2010
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    I don't think you can blame a single player for *any* loss! However, Jovic is not making it easy to defend him and question ZZ for not starting him.

Deep Pal repped this.
  13. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid

madridista_hr repped this.
  14. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    What a load of absolute nonsense.

Deep Pal, Saeta Rubia and J-Mezzy repped this.
  15. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I find it unlikely that he will get punished unless they want to make an example out of him.

16. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    They're basically try to use him (and others) as a deflection instead of admitting that they can't do shit about this.

17. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    IIRC he wasn't fined last time but he donated 50,000 euros for respirators soon after it happened. This being the Balkans, i can tell you that that was a "under the table" deal 100%. The politicians are like sharks tho, if they smell blood they won't stop.

Anyway, the Serbian media are saying that he refused to pay a fine the first time and that's why he's facing prison time.

Deep Pal repped this.
  18. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    It's worth mentioning (again) that his agent, Fali Ramadani, is shady af. I wouldn't be surprised if he has something to do with this.

I don't understand why they wanted to fine him 30k euros for breaking quarantine anyway? That's an insane fine!

Shay Z and Deep Pal repped this.
  19. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    State leaders are being tested positive but let's grind on a football player for "being careless". This is what I hate about this right now. Selective victimisation and criminalisation of the same illness is absurd, but here we are.

Shay Z, PigBenis, yoanaidarov and 8 others repped this.
  20. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Zidane playing Mariano ahead of Jovic should be a big hint for him. We don't need to pretend like there's nothing there. This could easily be another James-Zidane situation.

Pack your bags, and move on.

PigBenis, Shay Z, Deep Pal and 3 others repped this.
  21. Doni

Doni Member+

Dec 4, 2010
    London
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    This is going to be another Mariano situation where he won’t just leave to anywhere unless his wages are covered.

He’s on roughly €8m net wages. That’s something a lot of smaller teams won’t want to cover.

22. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Mariano is at home, Jovic is far from it.

23. Eddie

Eddie Member+

Oct 19, 2005
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We will probably end up paying his wages :D.

24. Hendrix22

Hendrix22 Member+

Feb 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Way ahead of the curve as usual. Just like in my assessment of Valverde, Rodrygo, Varane, Hazard, Benzema and a bunch of other examples before, where I wasn't being a sheep like the rest. Took more than a year for everyone to come to terms with the fact that Jovic is just not that good.

And when I remember that a phenomenon like Nabil Fekir cost Betis 30 million the same summer... Shame.

Deep Pal repped this.
  25. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Oh wow. Did you sent your CV to Perez?