The Serbian Superman - Welcome Luka Jovic

Discussion in 'Real Madrid' started by MiamiNative0722, Jun 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Exactly. Also, I'd say it's highly unlikely Zidane hasn't been very involved in this transfer and would know nothing about one of the biggest forward talents in the world. Jovic will have to fight his way into the team, like any other player, but at least he's a 'Zidane signing' as I don't for one second believe that someone who came back to the club with a mission would not know much about a 60ME signing in a key area of the squad.

Jovic is a risk, like any other young player. But due to his completeness, he definitely looks less risky than other 'one season wonders' (e.g. the Belotti's of this world..). I'm excited!

Eddie repped this.
  2. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think that Jovic isn't a Zidane signing. I don't think Zidane opposed it, but I don't think he specifically asked for the player.

3. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Sure, but having Zidane agree to his signature (after internal discussions with the responsible people at the club) should provide Jovic with more than sufficient comfort that he won't be a Mariano type signing. Having said that, I didn't mean Zidane specifically asked for Jovic. I actually meant Zidane agreed to his signing (hence 'Zidane signing'), but that's my bad I guess as I should have clarified it.

4. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    We're not paying 60 million for a player to play Mariano minutes.

I see Jovic as the closest player we've gotten to Higuain since we lost Higuain.

S1na and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  5. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    Like you said, this doesn't sound like a Zidane signing, so I don't see how he's going to get that many minutes.

I think he's an awesome player to have on the bench but people need to accept that he will not be starting most of the matches. He will play copa and also when our schedule is tight with CL etc.

Tactically he does not fit into the team unless you take out Benz (which ZZ will never do). If we are sticking with benz it would have made more sense to buy a goalscoring winger like salah or mane.

We got two good strikers now but unfortunately the starting line up hasn't been improved. Our sub bench has improved.

6. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I do. Benzema had a great season but my trust in seeing him keeping it going isn't at its highest. Benzema is also arriving at a point where injuries take longer to heal, and risking it all on him is insane.

7. HZinho

HZinho Member+

Apr 2, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Then we're on the same page.

8. Zidane05

Zidane05 Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 18, 2005
    Toronto
    Agreed. I think he said I want a goal scorer, and they looked around, and honestly, there isn't a better one available at the price, age, and profile of Jovic.

-Reivax-, Saeta Rubia and Ahmadi8 repped this.
  9. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Correct. Zidane literally said we need more goals in the press conference the other day.

Also I find it weird that on one hand people get mad about us not having a wife variety of solutions on the team then asking "where is he going to play?" when we acquire them.

10. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I think he is saying that he thinks Jovic will be on the bench because he thinks for sure ZZ will start Benz as he knows and believes in Benz and that he will continue to play 4-3-3, hence a “bench player”, but he believes Jovic will get some chances and will show what he can do with the opportunities that he gets, maybe he believes it won’t be a Benz, Jovic starting lineup, I don’t know myself but from what I have seen from ZZ I would not be surprised. I’ll wait to see how it all pans out

11. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    I think fans just want us to to sing starters and players who are going to make a huge impact. Like the Hazard signing.

It seems all we do is buy subs.

In the end, yes Jovic is better than Mariano but really that will have very little impact overall.

12. robertocarlos3

robertocarlos3 Member+

Jan 9, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Who are the "3" in the zidane 443?
    Benz, Eden and ?
    We all know it's not Vinnie.
    If zidane thinking on Marco or Isco, then I think jovic will find his way to some sort of a "3" very fast.

janos audron repped this.
  13. Digital

Digital Member+

Dec 10, 2012
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    And you know this how?, you can see into the future?

14. natenate101

natenate101 Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 16, 2006
    California, US
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Fans"? What fans dude? Most fans on here seem pretty damn happy with the signings so far. Don't project your negativity onto anyone else but yourself.

15. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    First time hearing about the comparisons, though I remember almost everything surrounding his time in HD. I guess that nickname wasn't a widespread thing.

16. MiamiNative0722

MiamiNative0722 Member+

May 25, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  17. fierro

fierro Member+

Jan 30, 2007
    El Chuco
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

This is what I'm afraid of.

18. janos audron

janos audron Member+

Apr 12, 2010
    Exactly.

19. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I don't know. Zidane is not dumb, he knows how important that style of player is, even if he's playing in the position of his adopted child. Morata was yuuuuge in 2016, Higuain in 2012, and RvN in the Calderon leagues. Especially with Ronaldo's goals gone, I think Zidane recognizes how important Jovic is, we wouldn't be spending so much so early on a player he didn't ask for.

Who knows, with the amount of pressure on Zizou to turn this around, especially to improve our league form, I would like to think he's seeing the needs of this team clearly and without any personal biases. He already saw from the outside and as a coach that Benzema alone is not enough

20. Akramzizou

Akramzizou Member+

Feb 13, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Lol, that's a very negative way to look at things.

21. 4x4s

4x4s Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Iscodisco is that guy. I didn't like our run towards the end of the season but the club has been working towards strengthening key areas in record time.

I don't know what else they can do.

22. Saeta Rubia

Saeta Rubia Member+

May 28, 2010
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Zidane also talked about changing his system next season. And talked about how we need scorers. He likes players who are efficient even if not flashy(2015-18 LV) and pretty much had Ron playing as a penalty box striker than a wing forward once he lost a yard or two. Hence I feel Jovic will be a regular starter alongside Benz and Hazard if he starts scoring right away.

He quite liked Morata and tried to keep him even though we had a younger Benz and Ron. Him starting 16 odd league games wasn't scrap minutes either when there was Ron, Benz Morata, Bale, James, Isco, Lucas basically for three spots. Of that Ron and Benz were regular starters apart from Ron being rested for 10 odd games so it was 5 players for one spot with Bale starting a bunch when he was fit.

Lyra repped this.
  23. CivilProtection

CivilProtection Member+

Jul 6, 2013
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    That's a soc account. Not a fan of our club.

When we had just won the CL he was nowhere to be found -as is the case with such socs- but then he got mentioned a couple of times, so he came back like a couple of days later and said yeah, I wasn't posting because I was celebrating :D, and started his new rant.

We might win the CL and league double, and you'd see the same posts, you or anyone else really shouldn't bother even looking at them.

S1na, Shay Z, 2Magia2 and 4 others repped this.
  24. T2100

T2100 Member

May 4, 2017
  25. Iscodisco

Iscodisco Member

Real Madrid
    Spain
    Dec 14, 2017
    Chill dude with the hate. I've addressed some very good points. Just trying to get the conversation juices flowing.

I'm actually quite happy with the Jovic signing. I think he will do good and he will help. I'm just wondering how much of an impact he will have. If it's a morata style impact from 2016 then ok that's cool but that will not be enough in this current Madrid side. This is a completely different side with no Cristiano.

I don't think I'm being negative. Did ZZ ever play Morata and Benz together? Nope. So I think my reservations are valid. Hell he might surprise us.

Will we play a diamond with Hazard in the hole? I don't like that. No width. What about Vinicius?