The Serbian League - Results and Information

Discussion in 'Serbia & Montenegro' started by marakana10, Aug 5, 2005.

1. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    Today the Serbian league started with tomorrow providing much more action.

Friday, August 5:
    Zeta 1 - 0 Vozdovac

Saturday, August 6:
    Smederevo - Budućnost Podgorica
    Hajduk Kula - Crvena zvezda
    Habitfarm - Obilić
    OFK Beograd - Rad
    Zemun - Budućnost Banatski Dvor
    Vojvodina - Borac
    Partizan - Jedinstvo

It should be a two way battle between Crvena Zvezda and Partizan Belgrade like usual but we'll keep a close eye on Zeta.

Red Star Belgrade has recently appointed Walter Zenga, the former Italian International as head coach after he won the Romanian League with Steaua Buchuresti, the first in five years for the Romanian giants. Toyota has also come as the major sponsor, and a Cameroonian defender and a Brazillian midfielder have joined the team.

While Partizan Belgrade recently beat Sheriff, the Moldovian champions to reach the third qualifying round of the Champions League. A formidible opponent is seen in the Slovakian champions but Partizan should gain a victory and reach the final 32 of the premier European competition.

2. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    It's funny, because Artmedia Petrzalka probably see Partizan as a team that they can beat to reach the final 32 of the CL.

3. football_addict

football_addict New Member

May 23, 2005
    Beograd, Srbija
    Well, Partizan could have played against: Man Utd, Liverpool, Inter Milan, Lokomotiv Moskva, Ajax, Rosenborg, Sporting. Petrzalka cannot compare to these teams.

4. football_addict

May 23, 2005
    Beograd, Srbija
    Zeta Golubovci 1-0 Voždovac

Zemun 2-0 Budućnost Banatski Dvor

OFK Beograd 1-0 Rad

Partizan 2-0 Jedinstvo Bijelo Polje

Hajduk Kula 2-2 Crvena zvezda :mad:

Vojvodina 0-1 Borac Čačak

Smederevo 1-1 Budućnost Podgorica

Javor Ivanjica 0-0 Obilić

This is 6th or maybe even 7th season in a row that Red Star can't win first game.....Zigic couldnt play because of the yellow cards from the last season :( ...Jankovic scored twice....Trajkovic played only second half :confused:

Excellent support from delije once again...:
    [​IMG]

I Hope it will be better in thursday against Inter.

5. football_addict

May 23, 2005
    Beograd, Srbija
    ...and marakana10, its Serbian & Montenegrin league, please ;) and it's called Meridian Superliga. Hehe, super....

6. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    Hey addict... Keep posting. Yeah this is our sixth season in a row. It's becoming a tradition.. :D Where did you get the photo from Delije? Delije.net? Thanks.

7. milos markovic

milos markovic New Member

Aug 7, 2005
    hamilton
    yay serbs.....zvezda didnt have zigic or basta if they did it would have been a diffrent score but still or defence is ********

8. Canadian_Supporter

Staff Member

Dec 20, 1999
    Prostějov, CR
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Exactly.

I think Petrzalka looked at the teams they could have played against, and are happy that they got Partizan.

9. football_addict

May 23, 2005
    Beograd, Srbija
    Selling Vidic(central back) was the worst thing to do in club's history :mad: ,but that is past...
    Basta (right back/ right midfielder ) injured, Ghanian youth Dramani - right back(which I believe is really quality player) didn't travel to Kula. Milovanovic had to play right back :confused: Obviously, Zenga still doesn't know which players are good, and which are not.... And I'm very affraid because of that.... We play our 1st eurogame within 3 days.

10. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    That is true faddict... But we must remember it's the future of the club that I want. In the past 5 to 10 years we've only been concerned with the current season instead of looking forward to the future. I believe that signing Zenga on a two year contract and bringing in some quality players will do a lot of good in the future. Look at Mattheus with Partizan. He only stayed there for what... 7 months? And look where they were even if we did beat them 3-0! :D They were in the Champions League and they were competing. I mean they could've beaten Real Madrid if Casillas didn't have that many great saves. So give him time. And I also agree that selling Vidic was probably the worst move in our history. But that is long gone... Dzajic je otisao. That is what we needed. :cool: Look to the future.

11. football_addict

May 23, 2005
    Beograd, Srbija
    I tottaly support Pixy's signing Zenga(even though I'm not convinced in his coaching skills), because we needed someone new, someone popular. I'm just affraid for the beginnig of the season. In superliga we can get back, because it's a long run for the title, but in UEFA cup, there's only 2 games, and we are not looking quite good just yet. Even so, I expect double win over Inter :cool:
    NIKOLA ZIGIC, JEDAN JE NIKOLA ZIGIC....

12. milos markovic

Aug 7, 2005
    hamilton
    at least piksi's trying to do something other then selling our best players...new sponsor toyota its all good.i dont expect much of a challange from inter zapresic they finnished behind hajduk in the croation leauge :D

13. football_addict

May 23, 2005
    Beograd, Srbija
    Don't underestimate them. Hajduk is unique...

14. milos markovic

Aug 7, 2005
    hamilton
    true it takes alot of uniqueness to lose 3-0 and 5-0 to soccer power debrecen....btw why isnt there a serbian football forum

15. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    I guess there isn't enough Serbians in the soccer forum. From what I see it's only you, footballaddict and myself. As for Inker don't underestimate them. When it comes to Serbia vs Croatia anything is possible. Even if they're ranked #1 in the world or we are it is always close at anything we play. Why? It's because of the emotion. Just look at the water polo world championship in Montreal, Canada last week. We were supposed to beat the Croatians by a couple and beat them by only one and went on to win in the final against Hungary 8-7. :D But back to the point, it can go either way because both teams are representing their nations and to say a Croat lost to a Serb, or a Serb lost to a Croat and you're a disgrace in your country. So expect both teams to be out there for pride as well as respect. I hope there won't be any fighting between the fans because if there is both us and the Croats can kiss European football goodbye for the next 5 years. And if you fant to fight go somewhere else. This is football, une sport du magnifique. They better not punish Red Star Belgrade if Inter fans start something. But Inter fans be aware, don't come to Belgrade because if something happens in Croatia expect Delije at full strength....

16. milos markovic

Aug 7, 2005
    hamilton
    the water polo championships were awesome.i dont think anything will happen in the staduim but on the route to stadium there is a huge possibility that something might happen.No inter fans will come to belgrade.croation fans always start ******** in croatia but when the games are in serbia they never show up.

17. marakana10

marakana10 New Member

May 9, 2005
    The simple fact is that our stadium and the club is the biggest in the Croatian/Serbian territory. With a stadium of 56000 and the 15th best ever record in Europe I don't think many people will argue...

18. zagorje_do_meksika

zagorje_do_meksika New Member

May 4, 2005
    wine cellar
    bla,bla,bla...

19. Hrvat

Hrvat New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Zagreb, Croatia
    I just love those huge nationalists who live 10 000 km from their native land.

Recognize this? Probably not, because you've never been to Serbia, this is Blegrade train station. And those are BBB as the first visitor fans in matches between Croatian and Serbian teams.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

20. football_addict

May 23, 2005
    Beograd, Srbija
    On first pic i dont see that those guys are BBB, and on second....what game was that? It is in Zagreb, please...

21. Hrvat

Hrvat New Member

Mar 27, 2005
    Zagreb, Croatia
  22. zagorje_do_meksika

zagorje_do_meksika New Member

May 4, 2005
    wine cellar
    Partizan - Zagreb CL handball match..

First to be in Belgrade on Croatia/Serbia matches

23. Zoran_SLO/SCG

Zoran_SLO/SCG New Member

Aug 8, 2005
    Slovenia, Postojna
    Hi......im new here......im from Slovenia,but my father is from Serbia!! :D
    I was in Serbia last week!!
    Im big fan of Zvezda!!!! I also know Vitakic,who was playing in Zvezda a long time and now he is playing in France(Lille), with my best player Milenko Ačimovič!!!

So.......i`d like to say that i think singing Zenga is big step for Zvezda!!! It think that they wil be a lot better for next two years!!! ....... i hope so! :D

So.....whera are you from????? Is there a lot a people in this forum?????

Sorry for my bad language,and if there are words which cannot be post in this POST!!!! ....i`m new here!! :D .....please give mi some information of this forum!!

24. FK-Cement

FK-Cement New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    Poland
    Zemun - Buducnost 2-0 :( :( :(
    Pity, Buducnost Banatski Dvor is my favorite Serbian team