The second person to be named for not replying/paying in full

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Rick B, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    No, the problem isnt so much that he hasnt paid (though thats pretty crappy too).

The problem is that he didn't give Rick his travel details, and now he has backed out. Arsenal require Rick to give travel details for each ticket he buys to prove he isnt just touting them down the road. They trust him, and as such he gets a high allocation of tickets.

However they decided to do a random check and sure enough it happens to be the jackass that hasnt given his info to Rick. Rick is left looking like a muppet with the club, and the trust levels diminish.

So anyone wondering why tickets suddenly get scarce for ArseAm members in the future know whom to blame.

2. Gunners11

Gunners11 Member

Jul 22, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Hello everyone, I just wanted to stop in for a second and explain. I know some of you prolly don't want to ever hear from me again, but I duno ... I just figured I would explain myself.

On Christmas Eve on the way to my aunts house my grandmother was in a bad accident and has been in intensive care ever since, things have gone from bad to better to bad for her and her health is still uncertain. I haven't been on the site in weeks and having read through this thread I know I've pissed quite a few of you off. I also know that I owe Rick a bit of money and am going to give it to him tomorrow. I'm sorry if I've ruined the chance for some of you to experience Highbury for that I will always feel bad. Rick I know that you prolly think I'm a complete prick and I understand why you think this, but I will send you your money, and even more then that I'm sorry I've tarnished your rep with the club. I don't really know what else to say other then I'm sorry for everyone I've screwed with/upset and will do everything in my power to make it up to anyone in any way I can. I don't know when I'll be back so again I'm forever sorry and hopefully you can find it in your hearts to keep my grandmother in your prayers.

Jim I

3. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Jim,

I am sorry to hear about your grandmother. Thats a real shame and you have my sympathy. As far as extenuating circumstances go its understandable.

As for the other business. I think you should write to the club (im sure Rick has an address) and tell them why you were unable to give Rick travel details, and also explain why rick would have trusted you enough not to think he needed travel info for you.

I think A letter from the guy in question might go someway to repairing the damage between Rick and Arsenal FC.

4. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ditto. Jim, it is understandable that you have had extrenuating circumstances. We all wish you and your family well. Please also speak with Rick when you get a chance.

Also, don't dissapear from here either.

5. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry about your grandmother Jim! Just call Rick ok? And don't disappear!

6. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    I am sorry about your Grandmother Jim. But what you have said above is not true. Call me BigBrother, but I have seen when you have logged on. You didn't reply to my PM of the 19th December, you logged on on the 20th. You also logged on on the 27th, 29th and before you posted this, your most recent log on was on the 30th December. You have my mobile and Dans mobile, a simple text to either would of been fine. As it stands I am reasonably sure having spoken to the club this afternoon that we/I will get what I asked for for Real and Liverpool. BUT, in future, unfortunatly, I will not be able to get tickets until I receive travel details to pass to the club. I am not in their good books as you can imagine.

EDIT - You also posted twice on the 29th and once on the 20th, so had plenty of time to PM me, whatever the circumstances. If you can write a post about what you got for Xmas, you have enough time to PM me about this.

7. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Just so people know, this was said on the 7th Jan. It's now the 12th. I haven't received the remainder of the money/travel info or an actual message, by PM/Text/E-mail of which he has all of my details, telling me he isn't or is coming. I also had the following from the club -

This means the end of last minute tickets and other favours.

8. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    FFS! :mad: This is too much. Years ago when I lost my father I managed to take care of many duties at his company along with holding up my actual job and providing support to my family. Taking care of one item of business during the college winter break should not be a great burden.

Please Rick, don't let one bad apple spoil the bunch, at least not anymore than it already is.

9. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
    calling all hard, pipehittin' mofo's to Bradley U......

10. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
  11. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    I think the point is its out of Ricks hand's now. All it takes is one inconsiderate act and its ruined for all Arsenal Americans. And me - the freeloading brit :D

12. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    I think the point is its out of Ricks hand's now. All it takes is one inconsiderate act and its ruined for all Arsenal Americans. And me - the freeloading brit :D

13. deeplennon

deeplennon Member

Jun 15, 2005
    Seattle
    Dave meant it so much he posted twice.

Like many of us, I am really pissed about this. The amount of trust Rick has put in all of us is amazing and what he has then gone and provided us in both service and experience is even more amazing. I still have no idea what Rick's motivation is in going out of his way for so many people, many of whom don't even really give a s**t and are essentially just taking advantage of the services he offers to all without question.

For someone to really blow it like this, someone who is/was a regular no less, is very sucky, the weak excuses and empty promises are only making it worse.

Rick deserves better. This is BS.

14. Achtung

Achtung Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's quite sad that, for whatever reason, things have worked out this way. Unfortunately its a reminder that even though the vast majority of posters on BigSoccer and really the entire internet are more than trustworthy, you always have to have a healthy dose of skepticism. Whether its Rick or someone else in the future who is the liason between the club and ArsenalAmerica, the transactions may have to be done like most others in the world of commerce--money first, then the order gets placed for tickets.

When Johno and I ordered tickets through MUSCUSA, the Man United US supporters' group, the money had to be sent fully seven weeks before the matches, and only then was the ticket application faxed to the club. It feels bureaucratic and inflexible, but that's sort of the reality of doing business over the internet.

Whether or not Jim is telling the truth about his circumstances is sort of irrelevant. These kinds of things do happen, and Arsenal FC, like any other organization, has to cover themselves in that event. Rick wanted to be more friendly and casual regarding his role, and I don't blame him one bit for being pissed off. Nor do I blame the club if they want to change their policy.

15. Martin Daoust

Martin Daoust New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Hartford, CT

He absolutely does- Rick is 100% class. He helped me out of an embarassing situation last time I was over and I'm sure he's helped other American Gooners with problems too. Plus he's just a cool guy to boot. One would hope perhaps this will only be a temporary problem with the Grove opening and surely more tickets available then. But Rick, is there anything we can do, say to contact the Club ourselves to testify about your work?

16. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
    [​IMG]