The second person to be named for not replying/paying in full

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by Rick B, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    I have been told by a few people that they don't believe I am out of line in doing this. So therefore lets hope this gets through to people. Quite simply if you are considering wanting tickets, make sure you open a paypal account and can send me the money straight away or by the date that I give. Also, respond to my PM's - let me know if plans change.

This is the latest PM that I have sent to Jim (Gunners11).

2. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
    Jim: I will come to Bradley and find you if Rick stops getting tickets because you (and others) don't pay up.

Just kidding :) but seriously. Pay the man.

3. jwaldman11

jwaldman11 New Member

Jun 14, 2002
    The OC
    I'm not kidding. Pay up or go into hiding! :mad:

4. arsenalgirl30016

Dec 10, 2003
    Flo Rida
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I am sure you are a lovely fellow Jim but I will be seriously pissed if you don't pay Rick! :mad: Come on and do the right thing here-regardless of whether you can go on your trip or not you made a commitment to Rick so please pay him!

5. Teso Dos Bichos

Teso Dos Bichos Red Card

Sep 2, 2004
    Purged by RvN
    Pay the guy Jim. There is nothing worse than us having to put up with man PMS. :eek:

6. Dave_M

Dave_M New Member

May 25, 2004
    Enfield
    Those of us who marched on White Hart Lane en masse early this year saw first hand the military like planning Rick goes through each and every week to hook people up.

I personally owe him a great deal. I have seen more games in our final year at Highbury than I ever thought possible thanks to the efforts of this man. And lets not forget Rick is not Arsenal FC Ltd. He is just a guy doing like minded fans a rather substantial favour.

I find it totally reprehensible that someone would stitch him up, especially one who has been around these boards for any length of time. Not only is that individual messing with their own chances of future fixtures, but all of ours as well.

Sort it out.

7. PsychedelicCeltic

PsychedelicCeltic New Member

Dec 10, 2003
    San Francisco/London
    Don't fvck with Rick and Cunty.

8. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Coach, its time to book a plane trip. :mad:

9. Przybylinski

Przybylinski New Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Smallville
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    This is absolutley ridiculous. If you commit to Rick that you are coming over you need to pay up. Rick has to pay for those tickets somewhere around 10 weeks before the match. If you aren't willing to commit to paying, then don't ask for tickets.

Rick has put a load of time and effort into doing this for all of us. I have told him several times that he needs to step back and see if it's really worth it. What does he get out of all of this? Nothing. Maybe a pint or two if he's lucky. There are several who are complaining about an extra 1 Pound fee, that BS. You're paying loads of money to come over and to stay somewhere, don't bitch about a few pounds here or there in handling fees.

Don't be suprised if Rick walks away from this next year. He's done more than he certainly needs to.

Those coming over for a match. The first thing you need to do after he hands you the tickets is buy him a pint. Then a pack of chips - wait crisps :)

Seriously - show your appreciation for all that he's done. A case of PBR or a nice $25 - $35 bottle of red wine would be even better. You don't have to do it, but you really should.

10. Grateful Gooner

Grateful Gooner New Member

May 3, 2001
    Charm City
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]

11. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That is soooo damn ridiculous! :mad:

Think of it this way people. If someone you had talked to only over the internet asked you to fork over $200 with a promise to pay you back, would you do it? Most likely not, but Rick has. It is incredible what he does and has done for many of us. I'm astounded that he continues to help people, but he is a very nice person and more lenient than I am.

As others have said, if you have gone through the trouble of booking airfare, hotels, travel, etc. Add Rick to your list of important things to take care of. Hotels will be there next year, Rick may not.

12. antifan

antifan Member+

Aug 14, 2004
    The Scottie
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    Ta-DAY! Ta-DAY! Ta-DAY! Ta-DAY! :cool:

13. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003

such greatness..

14. CTGooner

CTGooner New Member

Jun 28, 2005
    The Cut
    I know I am guilty of late payment- but I think we need to start paying maybe 75-100% up front with the original request. That way Rick isn't as much in his own pockets.
    And yes, Rick will have several pints in his hands as soon as I see him.

15. Cannon

Cannon Member

Arsenal
    United States
    Sep 2, 2001
    Washington, DC metro
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That seems like the best solution. Rick should have the money in hand before any request for tickets is made. If you don't end up getting tickets you get the cash (minus whatever fees) back. The cash you'd lose is a small price to pay. Nobody gets hurts and Rick isn't forced to chase people down. Shame that somebody doing us all a favor gets treated poorly.

16. jegerpenge

jegerpenge New Member

Jan 18, 2003
    Lake Charles, LA
    I'm surprised Rick doesn't black out/get alcohol poisoning when the ArseAm roadtrip comes around.

17. Rapids/Arsenal Fan

Mar 8, 2001
    Denver, CO USA
    Just got back from England and paid face value for the best seats I've ever had in the stadium, thanks to Ricks help. I actually tried to give him a few pounds extra just as a thank you, but he refused it and said "No worries...it's my pleasure to set you guys up with tickets."

PAY THE MAN!!!!!!

It's not that hard. You're an adult. If you're able to request tickets in the first place, you should be able to pay the cash.

18. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pretty weak. Even if you can't go...still pay Rick. You might be out $50-100 but that's the mature, moral thing to do.

19. n4100

n4100 Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Are you saying one should be paid in a timely manner? ;) Just messing with you.

Hey thanks for that again, I've got part of it on today since I'm packing.

20. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn right. I might be a Chelsea supporter, but here's what I got my favorite Gooner for Christmas:

[​IMG]

21. Gunner Phan

Gunner Phan Member

Dec 12, 2003
    Gramercy, NYC
    that sh!te is bad-ass bwoy!

*gives Eddie a pat on back*

way to support our transfer...i mean our building expenses.

22. Bluto11

Bluto11 The sky is falling!

May 16, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    so i think he's bailed and I'm going solo on this little trip. did all i could to contact him, short of knocking on this front door. trip is still going to kick ass.

Off Topic Road Trip w00t!

23. n4100

n4100 Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Philadelphia
    Yeah, its prett sweet. Of course I'm going to have to make a trip down to the Bridge in another week and a half for him, but its a small price to pay...I just won't touch anything with my bare hands...gloves on at all times.

24. n4100

n4100 Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Philadelphia
    It still calls for a beatdown, and beatdowns are for free!