The Santi Cazorla Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by TxTechGooner, Sep 18, 2012.

1. TxTechGooner

TxTechGooner we're having fun here, no?

Feb 24, 2003
    This guy could start for any top team, in any league.
    Let me be the first to say that I was wrong about Senor Carzola.
    Underrated (despite that pricetag), and someone who can run a team.
    Amazing buy by Arsene...
    Love him in the side, dictating play.

GrimsbyGooner repped this.
  2. Papa Burgundy

Papa Burgundy Member

Jan 27, 2008
    Dirty Jerz
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  3. hughmanatee

hughmanatee Member

Aug 11, 2010
    Montréal
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Venezuela
    [​IMG]

4. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    He could be like the midget in mad max 3 on merts back

5. wanye_stirrear

wanye_stirrear Member+

Sep 19, 2002
    Maryland
    Agreed, but I don't worry about him when it's fairly nice outside and the field is in good condition. He can play that game easily. I worry about him in the winter when it's cold and wet and the fields are crap. I also worry about him when he starts to get kicked, which he will if he keeps playing like he has. Time will tell exactly what he is made of, but signs so far are really good.

6. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas

Numerous persons said (can't remember who now, 1 or 2 coaches) he was a battler. You can kinda see it too. He never gives up in a match.

7. Silva 5

Silva 5 Member+

Mar 10, 2006
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The weather has been good and all that, but it's still the Prem, and the fact that he's hit the ground running like this bodes well for him in the coming months.

8. goonsquad

goonsquad Member

Apr 1, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The man is pure class, so happy to have him at Arsenal. How another richer club didn't swoop him from Malaga is beyond me.

9. Romfordray

Romfordray Member+

Oct 24, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Arshavin should learn a thing or two from him in terms of effort. Pure class and he is so underrated like the other Spaniard.

10. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    its as bad in Spain, in fact the pitches in Spain are worse.

11. fari

fari Member

Jul 28, 2007
    Denver,CO
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    not too worried about him wilting under pressure...i mean he's faced stoke away already so he's already had a baptism of fire. this guy is a true little magician, wow. i had youtubed him to check him out earlier in the summer but seeing him actually run a match is just..wow

12. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    If he keeps up the form he's in, he has a very real shot to be in the BPL player of the season talks. I think he will do exactly that.

13. gunner0007

gunner0007 Member+

Jul 19, 2005
    Bahamas
    He's really so far that good. We finally have a player who you can't wait to see play again. When Wilshere comes back it will be 2.

14. total_football

total_football Member+

Apr 2, 2002
    Chicago
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Agreed. When JFW comes back, we will be absolutely loaded at MF. Arsene wasn't kidding when he said he had no urgency to buy another MF after Dimitri and his pisspoor efforts were banished to F.U. Barfa.

Also, not to nitpick, but which fan actually calls it the "BPL"? That's the official corporate name, used by sponsors and TV broadcasters. But everyone else knows it as the EPL/Premier League/Premiership.

15. ambro

ambro Member

Dec 9, 2011
    USA
    I've never actually known anyone to call it the BPL, but since the official name is Barclay's Premier League, the acronym BPL is more correct than EPL. Not to nitpick. :rolleyes:

I will make sure to spell out Premier League fully in the future to avoid confusion and appease the masses. :thumbsup:

16. scytheavatar

scytheavatar Member

Jun 12, 2010
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Barca already had Cesc and Thiago

Madrid is a joke club that would rather pay a fortune for Modric (could be they are butthurt that he rejected them previously)

United would rather get Japanese shirt sales with Kagawa

Chelsea would rather get Oscar

Citeh probably had no idea who he is

Then it's not like Wenger never was interested in him before, we could have gotten him last season but he choose Malaga.

17. GunnerGren

GunnerGren Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Sweden
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    We've talked about this a bit in the transfer thread: Cazorla; the cazorla role; the change in which the team plays (going from 433:ish variants, back to 442); what kinds of positions we will find other players in when rotation is needed etc.
    Great analysis!
    http://gingers4limpar.com/?p=2298

18. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    We have not gone 4 4 2

19. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    without the ball, we have played a flat 4 in the midfield.

20. GunnerGren

GunnerGren Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Sweden
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Yes, this seems to be the case.

Please read the article Bigman, just so we know we are talking about the same thing.

As I wrote in another thread. In defence we are 4411 (to be anal). In offence we are very fluid. We are a 4231, but as the players are very mobile it's of less importance what if we call it 4222, 4231 or any other number combo. Of bigger importance, though, is that if we keep defending with two banks of four, what will we look like if Jack comes in? Provided that we keep a CAM high up without the ball (and Cazorla haas been that AM so far), who will play where defensively if we rotate players? I would guess that at some point any of the CM:s we've got (Arteta, Diaby, Jack, Ramsey, Coq, Frimpong) will actually play left or right in that midfield four when without the ball, provided that Arsene want Cazorla to keep playing as the central AM.

21. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I will read at home but put defence is better because cqzorla drops into a 5 middle and giroud even works plus a deeper line and wingers who track back. Generally talk about shape when attacking as a 4 4 2 is not a defensive shape

22. DaPrince84

DaPrince84 Member+

Aug 22, 2001
    MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    lol, I didnt even read the article but will now.

I just noticed where players moved when we dont have possession and it just looked like a flat 4.

The team is defending more narrow too.

23. GunnerGren

GunnerGren Member

Aug 22, 2012
    Sweden
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  24. thebigman

thebigman Member+

May 25, 2006
    Birmingham
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    it's a good analysis but it was vs southampton where we can afford 2 outlets, imo podolski has had the biggets impact defensively

jitty described him as a drone on the left with exceptional attacking ability which is true

i'm sure cazorla will drop a bit deeper vs city

25. The Jitty Slitter

The Jitty Slitter Moderator
    Staff Member

Bayern München
    Germany
    Jul 23, 2004
    Fascist Hellscape
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Nat'l Team:
    Belgium