The Sanfrecce Hiroshima Thread

Discussion in 'Japanese Club Football' started by stefanole, Mar 4, 2010.

1. scotch17

scotch17 Member

Jun 15, 2008
    Entebbe
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    h
    I think the only ones shocked by the impact of Kashiwagi are Sanfrecce management.
    Sato has been left on an island by himself... even if he gets the ball and does something, there is often nobody else for him to bring into the play.

I'm sure he could do a job on the NT -- especially had it been under Okada's counter-attacking style. But at this point I'd prefer to see guys like Hirai and Watanabe along with Kagawa, Okazaki, and Morimoto. It's time for the next generation.

2. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    My point is that Sato is still better than many of those who played for Okada, and was never given a real chance...

3. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Sato's shoulder surgery is tomorrow. He might be out for the season :(

4. SkyPiercer

SkyPiercer Member

Jan 24, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Algeria
    What do you guys think of Takahagi ? Do you think he can make it to the NT or play abroad sometime ? I really like this guy, great technique, some spectacular goals, good vision, kinda fragile though and not very consistent just yet.

5. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Nervous guy.

6. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Nobody mentioned it yet here, but the performance after the goal in Yokohama was cut short by the ref.

End of an era...?

7. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I noticed it as well, I guess some refs don't mind and some do. It's not the most sportsmen like thing to do and to be honest the goal was awful didn't really merit the "performance".

8. mv_nelson

mv_nelson Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Club:
    Melbourne Victory
    I think it was only an "awful" goal from a Marinos point of view. It was a well-taken opportunist shot - the kind an away team and their fans would definitely want to celebrate.

9. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I think perhaps Sanfrecce should limit their performance to home games.

Honestly, the Daruma's performance was really funny, but not if you were a Sanga fan, and they did it just below Sanga's terraces...

10. CND_MARINO

CND_MARINO Member

Oct 30, 2010
    Ontario
    Club:
    Yokohama F Marinos
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    The finish was good I agree, but the lead up was a freaking calamity.

11. goru_no_ura

goru_no_ura Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 20, 2006
    Miyako of Zipang
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    ...and now you can't go home anymore... :)

12. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Sanfrecce have quietly filled the #10 shirt vacated by Kashiwagi with David Mujiri, a successful trialist from Georgia who is probably after a payoff before his retirement. Croatian Ante Tomic also played in some trial matches but apparently was not picked up.

13. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Sanfrecce have taken on Tomic after all, though he seems an even bigger risk than Mikic since he's only managed 107 career games at the age of 27. I guess they wanted to make extra-sure that he was healthy?

14. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Own a little piece of history

Tomic played a half at CB against Giravanz, which suggests he may be the kind of utility player that Petrovic is keen on keeping around (viz. Nakajima, as well as homegrown player Yokotake and Ishikawa). Tomic has also taken on Makino's #5 shirt, though he is listed as a midfielder.

Nishioka (DF #3) has unfortunately not played any preseason games that I've seen, so we'll have to wait to see what kind of a signing he is.

15. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Speak of the devil: Nishioka played on Sunday in a training match against Avispa (a 0-3 loss).

16. kengo14

kengo14 New Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Hello, I'm from Spain, i'm a Sanfrecce Hiroshima's fan since 2 years ago, more or less. The first match that i saw of J-League was a Sanfrecce-Urawa. Since this time, i follow J-League.

Is a great pleasure for me write in this forum.

Stefanole give me the address of the forum. Excuse me if i have a poor english but isn't my nature languaje.

I'm very expect for why Sanfrecce can do this season? I think we have a good team, but, we lost a very important defence, Makino. He was too much important, although Mizumoto is a good sign. This is the year of some young people, i have expect in Marutani.

What do you think about Sanfrecce?

Best regards.

17. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Did you watch the Sendai game live? You have a good review of the match ;)

Hopefully this is the season when Lee and Mizumoto really find their feet and hit form. Especially in Lee's case, since Hisato looks like he's going to be unreliable with injuries. Nishikawa was also a useful acquisition and I hope he improves this season. GK was the only noticibly weak area before he arrived. Now I would say DF is the weakest position, since Nakajima is no Stoyanov.

Marutani I hope will improve also, but I'm not sure if he'll really outshine Kazu or Aoyama at DMF. The Morisakis will be 30 this year though so it's the time for Marutani to stake his claim if he wants it.

18. kengo14

kengo14 New Member

Mar 5, 2011
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I can't see the match, but i can see two interesting videos of two japanese TV programs in JustinTV. Then, i search information of the match in differents japanese newspapers. Is the only form for me for see Hiroshima's match this weekend...i expect that justinTV give a the Omiya-Hiroshima in one justin channel.

I don't like Nishikawa too much, i like Nakabayashi, in 2009 he maked a very good season. Nishikawa too much fails and Sanfrecce lost too much points because of Nishikawa, how lost the Nabisco Cup final in the last time...i was so angry with Nishikawa after this match, i don't understand why he is the second japan team goalkeeper.

With the rest of the team, i'm very happy, the only problem, how you said, could be the defence...but with Moriwaki-Nakajima-Mizumoto i feel secure. Injuries of Sato is another problem, he is injuring too much time, and Lee is the only for this position. Osaki don't have enough experience for to be the forward of our team.

Is a great pleasure for me can speak with you stefanole, i follow you since a lot of time, and the first photos that i saw of Sanfrecce was yours in flickr.

19. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Unfortunately I'm not in Japan anymore so I can't take any more photos (especially of the awesome new kit ... ) but thanks for saying so :)

Strangely the most popular article on my site is an essay I wrote about rugby ...

20. Bass0r

Bass0r Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Tokyo/N. Velidhoo
    Club:
    Urawa RD
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I may be partly to blame for that. I'd been meaning to read it, so I left it in a tab on my browser, but didn't touch it for ages. Everytime I opened the browser, you would've had another hit.

21. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
  22. Shefu

Shefu Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    And as a video: [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sb-hyZbZUm4&"]YouTube - ?????????????????(vs.???????)[/ame] :)
    Nice pass from Ao to Takahagi's first goal.

Hey, I'm an Sanfrecce Fan from Germay since 2008. I followed the J. League after Takahara tourned home from Frankfurt. For whatever reason I hang on Sanfrecce and Stefan's Blog ;)

PS: I'm sorry because of my poor english :(

23. stefanole

stefanole Member

Mar 26, 2009
    Hiroshima
    Club:
    Sanfrecce Hiroshima FC
    Good to hear you're hanging in there. Maybe we should start a European supporters' club? ;)

I think the fans are expecting big things from Aoyama this year. I hope he can live up to it - he has it in him as long as he stays healthy. Marutani got the armband after Hisato and Aoyama went off apparently, so I underestimated his leadership. I've also been impressed with Mujiri from what little I've seen so far. He seems to still have some pace and put in a good cross for Hisato against Avispa.

24. Shefu

Shefu Member

Mar 9, 2011
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    Maybe :p

I agree with you about Ao and Mujiri. Ao could is very important for the team, when he stay healthy. He structures the defensive and is able to play great passes to the offensive - a perfect modern cm. When I heard that we sign Mujiri I was a bit sad, because I wished that Osaki should play more. Bei he has still great skills to get Hisato und Lee in position for goals.