The s**t hole that is N17 - we hate tottenham thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by gooner4eva, Jan 27, 2008.

1. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    He is right though, they get one more CM... and DM... and 2 CBs... and 2 wings... and 2 FBs... and a physio... and 8 new coaches... and a dietitian... and a new stadium... then MAYBE they will get a little step closer to us.

2. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Milking the success - Sperz put their Carling Cup shit...I mean shirt on sale for £44. Carling Cup badges £5 each. Name £15, so 68 quid for the shirt. They do reward their loyal fans. :rolleyes:

[​IMG]

3. mpeabody

mpeabody New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Lexington, KY
    Carling Cup shirts have badges?

4. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Yeah, the final they have sleeve patches. Here's Hoyte's shirt from last year:

[​IMG]

5. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Well, if they can't have Champions League badges, I suppose they have to have something. Of course, by rights, their badges should say "Coca-Cola" on them...

6. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    until our club tries to trademark the word 'yids', you might want to leave the 'gouging' jabs to other clubs' supporters, skizz. ;)

7. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Which they no doubt will, and bring out "yid-wear", attire that all Spurs fans should be seen in. As well as "yid-mobile", the mobile update service for Spurs fans.

I've seen it all. :p

8. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I doubt yod-mobile will work. After about a week of "We're still shit" messages many will drop the service.:D

9. Skizz

Skizz Guest

That's not true. The messages wouldn't read "we're still shit", they'd probably say "we lost again. Oh well, there's always next year"

10. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think their current patches read

"1961, hell yeah, remember that?

...no?"

or

"Gazza scored on a free kick a while back!"

11. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    really, when you stop and think about it, this really doesn't even qualify as 'milking'; and certainly not relative to so much else in today's marketing schemes. i mean, it's not as though this idea of the signature shirt was developed for making money. if you'll look at any photos of our cup finals, going back to the 60s, you have these things on the shirts. "1962 FA Cup Final", or whatever. didn't the arse have special shirts for the '71 cup final? lots of clubs did it.

i think it's fair to say that even if the replica shirt phenomenon had not come about, we'd still be wearing a 'special' shirt in the final. putting an item like this on sale could reasonably be said to be meeting, rather than 'creating' a demand.

now, that 125'th anniversary shirt, though ...

12. mpeabody

mpeabody New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Lexington, KY
    There's a demand for Spurs shirts? :confused:

:D

13. Darth Norteño

Darth Norteño With Buddha In My Fists

The Arsenal
    Wales
    Dec 9, 2003
    laceyforest.arl.va
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Wales
    Maybe there's a run on toilet paper in N5.

And after all, the parrots need something to be sick on.

14. And_ROOS

And_ROOS Member+

Dec 30, 2006
    Melbourne, Aus
    Yeah there is countries where the Dups shirt is so devalued that its actually used as toilet paper...

15. thfcnyc

thfcnyc Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Noo Yawk Siddy
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey fellas,

How's that 5-1 treatin' ya? It's going down a little rough, huh? :)

16. HomeatHighbury

Mar 25, 2006
    Bethesda, MD
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    Terribly. 9 points till you can't finish above us in the league. again. :)

17. Skizz

Skizz Guest

About as well as your whole season has treated you :)

Seriously man, most long term Spurs posters come over here and post nicely, have a good debate, and are generally cool, then you get the odd idiot noob who comes here and tries it. Idiots.

18. Skizz

Skizz Guest

It's strange though, in the best possible way we've never brought out a replica cup final shirt. The sleeve patches and so on are purchasable seperately to the club, but in the last 10 years we've never brought out a shirt and said "hey, we're in a cup final, you want the cup final shirt, you buy! You buy!"

I just find it a little strange.

19. surfcam

surfcam Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Corpus Christi, TX
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, I have an FA Cup 2005 Final shirt that I bought from subside after the win over Man U.

20. KevTheGooner

KevTheGooner Help that poor man!

Dec 10, 1999
    THOF
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Andorra
    Does anyone know what he's talking about? :confused:

21. pookspur

pookspur Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 3, 2001
    Indiana
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    hey, i'm not disputing that THFC is money-grubbing, all-too-pleased to take as much off their fans as is humanly possible, and not above fabricating new methods of doing just that. and i'll gladly accept that the club is guilty of the very thing of which you've accused them. i'm just saying that the evidence thereof is not in the cup final shirt, which is a tradition that goes back well before today's marketing craze, but in the anniversary shirt, created for no real reason but to sell it.

and that to the extent that a club's unvarnished efforts to gouge its fans is condemnable, there is no club worse positioned to point the finger than arsenal. copywriting the word 'gooners'? c'mon.

the bottom line is that any time either of us goes out of our way to condemn the other club's greed, we're putting ourselves squarely in the line of fire for rebuttal.

not that it will stop anyone, mind. ;)

22. mpeabody

mpeabody New Member

Jun 3, 2005
    Lexington, KY
    Didn't Spurs website claim to have won a bunch of games that they didn't?

23. Guy Fawkes

Guy Fawkes Member

Nov 22, 2006
    St. Louis
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sounds like something they'd do, but I think you're thinking of Birmingham's history book that took all of Aston Villa's greatest accomplishments, including the European Cup, and attributed it to Birmingham.

Could be wrong, Spurs may have done the same thing.

24. Skizz

Skizz Guest

Subside isn't the club. They source numbering and lettering seperately to the club - for example they get player sized numbering, not the replica size the club sell. The club don't even sell the FA Cup final patches, so they made that shirt themselves with a normal kit, then added the patches and the details.